Galax versus Haysi

wave316

The sure can! Galax does this every year. The have a good season with a back that puts up video game like stats and then they meet up with someone that is either much stronger than them and can push them around, or some body that can throw the ball and expose the lack of defense that is coached at galax. Oh yea and if you can make them throw the ball that's always funny too.

Galax will be a monumental challenge for Haysi.

I think the game plan(offensively and defensively) has to be similar to last season. I think the defensive game plan will be a little different but its simple. STOP THE RUN!  and don't let them hit a few passes

Its hard to see anyone "push Galax around". This is the best and strongest line they have ever had. I can see someone, possibly Haysi cancelling out the line play though. If Haysi beats on Dixon like they did Peoples last season, the outcome will be similar to last year. Dixon is nowhere near as durable as Peoples. I dont see him holding up.

Haysi 38

Galax 31

That score sounds about right to me sixcat. No way we STOP Galax but I think we will slow them down. Our Offense is starting to really click and the D is playing REALLY well. Only gave up 1 Offensive TD to Covington 

Galax is strong in their front seven. Very physical. I haven't seen Haysi but they better have good corners and outside linebackers. If Dixon gets the edge he is hard to catch. That being said their defense is a little suspect. They gave up a couple of big plays to PH and gave up almost 400 total yards. Don't know who wins but being from swva i say Go Tigers!

In a foot race Dixon is probably even with 3 of our LBs and our 4th LB is faster. Our Corners are probably a little faster than him. Last season Haysi was obviously the faster team. Peoples got ran down from behind several times.

I know GW thinks they are fast but Haysi is probably the fastest team left in the West.

imo it goes

Haysi

GW

Galax

Honaker

if defense is a little suspect,they could have some problems.colley is a mastermind when it comes to offence in high school football.should be a really good game.sandlick will be vibrant and a tough place to bring home a W.

757Teamz retweeted

VHSL spokesman says the league will have verdict of Norview football players' appeals Wednesday. ICYMI: http://hamptonroads.com/2014/11/last-weeks-fight-could-cost-norview-players …

757Teamz retweeted

BREAKING: Norfolk Schools spokesperson says VHSL review is complete - only 2 of the 12 Norview football players will be suspended.

great state

I posted a tweet about the above game brawl and the game being suspended on the update scores this past week.   So apparently some players have successfully appealed.

So im hearing a rumor that after complaints to the VHSL it has been ruled that the Essex HS facility is unfit to host Semifinal games. Anyone heard anything?   

Looking at the neighboring schools I think only King WIlliam would be suiteable. The others are either no better than Essex or farther away for Haysi/Galax and (unless im mistaken) cant be used.

On another note, Haysis field was in good shape after last week but with this weather who knows what it will be like Saturday

So im hearing a rumor that after complaints to the VHSL it has been ruled that the Essex HS facility is unfit to host Semifinal games. Anyone heard anything?   

Looking at the neighboring schools I think only King WIlliam would be suiteable. The others are either no better than Essex or farther away for Haysi/Galax and (unless im mistaken) cant be used.

On another note, Haysis field was in good shape after last week but with this weather who knows what it will be like Saturday

Where did Fort play Essex at last year?