Galax versus Haysi

wave316

That game was played at Essex but im hearing that the complaints were by Fort fans after the game.

All I have heard is rumor, I was hoping someone would know for sure.

Looking at the Essex field on googlemaps it looks like the visitor bleachers are just the small ones used at baseball games and to be honest that wont cut it for the fans Haysi or Galax will bring

Looking at Google Maps, it doesn't appear Essex has much more than that on the home side.  That would never cut it in SWVA!  

I have attended high school games with 6,000 plus in attendance as have most on this site.

I got this from VAPREPS. It is my understanding that if Essex wins they will have to move the game. They also said that CB couldn't host either. Here is one of the comments.

Northumberland would be the only one that may meet the VHSL requirements. It's the only school with permanent bleachers on the visitors side. All other schools use protable bleachers (the kind you might find at a baseball field) on the visitors side. Essex really lacks on restroom and concession stand facilities. And the lighting was installed in the mid-70s. Most folks in these parts prefer to stand at the games. Look in the home bleachers at some game and there is plenty of open seating but lots of fans along the fence line.

Cant be at Northumberland, thats farther away than Essex. I really think the game cant be moved to a school that increases travel time for the visitor. Idk where I got that but im pretty sure thats the rule.

Thanks artrip

Your welcome Redtiger. Someone else said something about King William. I am not sure where these schools are located so I really don't know. It would be a mute point if CB wins, they only lost to Essex by 8 in the regular season. Also both Tigers have to win which I hope they do. Good luck to both Tigers this weekend. 

The only complaint we had was about the family members officiating the game. LOL!!!!!!! Essex field is just as good as any grass field you will see this time of year. Why would last years game have any barring on this years game. SEEMS TO ME ESSEX IS ALREADY MAKING EXCUSES.

The only complaint we had was about the family members officiating the game. LOL!!!!!!! Essex field is just as good as any grass field you will see this time of year. Why would last years game have any barring on this years game. SEEMS TO ME ESSEX IS ALREADY MAKING EXCUSES.

Dont mean to butt in but I dont think its the field itself... it the lack of seating for the visiting team. I knw Battle complained about in 2012.

They hauled in more bleachers last year. It wasn't a problem at all. I thought the field and bleachers were as good as any facilities that we visited. Other than the fact we lost, it was a great trip. The people were exceptionally nice, for the most part. I hope the thugs that stood in the end zone want be back this year, if you do make the trip. Good luck.

Wow... Great game by both teams. I was pulling for Haysi but hate to see a game decided by one ref. the personal foul targeting call was a joke. Same ref called pass interference from the other side of the field.