GC Blues round two

ba961

I'm new to this message board, but is the week leading up to this game the part where we share inside information to allow the teams to better prepare?

I'll get the ball rolling for GC: From a trusted source inside the field house, our coaches will be changing things up (They fear being too predictable during this rematch). Most of our starters will be changing positions (Herron will be at RT) and we'll be using the same offensive playbook and script that VT used against Wake yesterday. Defensively, we'll be in the Prevent exclusively, with no stunts, blitzes, or pressure, just to be safe.

Can any of you Blues fans close to the team share any info regarding Coach Mance's gameplan?

Thanks razor and bigrhsfan, I heard from a friend the other day that haysi/Clint wood team is joining the southwest district can anyone confirm that? Or just word of mouth..

I can confirm that as FALSE.

Ridgeview will be in the Mountain District and Conf. 40, which is the MD + Lebanon.

I'm new to this message board, but is the week leading up to this game the part where we share inside information to allow the teams to better prepare?

I'll get the ball rolling for GC: From a trusted source inside the field house, our coaches will be changing things up (They fear being too predictable during this rematch). Most of our starters will be changing positions (Herron will be at RT) and we'll be using the same offensive playbook and script that VT used against Wake yesterday. Defensively, we'll be in the Prevent exclusively, with no stunts, blitzes, or pressure, just to be safe.

Ha Ha Ha,

Yeah Richlands going to go Power I and let that Lowe kid run right over you. lol

I personally think its a great match up and the teams match up well against each other.

1- both very well coached

2- both have decent size

3- both have good Qbs

4- both have good skill players

5- both are very physical

6- both are good in most areas of the game

Looks to me like it comes down to execution turnovers and penalties. I am going to wait towards the end of the week to make my prediction.....  seeing where we are on our injured players.

I agree with you Razor,  the only thing I will say is,  if the Richlands team that showed up at Abingdon shows up,  then we could be in trouble,  but if the Richlands team that showed up against Bluefield, LB and last week against Marion,  then I think we have a very good chance to come out of GC with a win.  I don't see any way that Mance and staff allow anything but their best effort .  They all know what's on the line and I think both teams will be flying all over the field laying lumber and making plays,  it has the potential to be just a fantastic game !  I am a little worried about a couple of injuries we have and how it could effect our play especially on O.  I'm not trying to give pre-game excuses,  everybody on here that knows me and has seen me post on here knows I never give excuses,  you either win or loose with who is on the field and all teams have injuries this time of the year,  I just really want to see both teams as near 100% as they can be to give us the best game possible !  A game between 2 proud winning programs that have been,  and are 2 of the standards of our area.  Gate City has been the Gold standard for a much longer time than the Blues,  but over the last 15 to 20 years,  these 2 have always been at or near the top of our area.  And I'm talking about the SWVA area.  I know I am a "little" biased in how I feel,  but I also believe it to be true.

Both teams and fans have a lot of respect for each other,  yea,  we want to beat the snot out of each other,  but when the game is over,  we respect what each has accomplished.  It should be a huge over flowing crowd and just an absolute fantastic atmosphere.  

Good luck to both teams !

So far this year 2 of the 3 times I said richlands would get it taken to them I was way off.  Bluefield and Marion being those two.  So this time I think I'm going to have to go with Richlands finding a way to squeak one out.

Thanks razor and bigrhsfan, I heard from a friend the other day that haysi/Clint wood team is joining the southwest district can anyone confirm that? Or just word of mouth..

I don't think so. Last I heard they were going to join the Mountain Dist. with GC, Union ect. 

So far this year 2 of the 3 times I said richlands would get it taken to them I was way off.  Bluefield and Marion being those two.  So this time I think I'm going to have to go with Richlands finding a way to squeak one out.

Stu-bean ....you take that back right now !!!  lol 

Don't change your formula at this juncture...it's been working for the Blues    :-)

I read all these posts about which Richlands team showed up against AHS....it was the team that Abingdon caused to show up that showed up.  AHS played a GREAT game and won that game.  It wasn't a case of RHS played badly on their own, AHS caused that to happen.  I hope that's what you all mean.  Execution for AHS was terrific and assignment discipline was spot on.  Just want to get that out there.  The reason why I'm afraid GC wins this week is the speed of Herron.  Plain and simple. If that kid is on his game then it's the Herron show. I am pulling for RHS to win, no doubt, but I'm just afraid Herron will prove to be too much.  JMO.

If we can burn them when they blitz, and take half of Herron points off the board this will be one slobberknocker of a

game.

Tell one tell all the Richlands 12th man is needed. Some of the best football action of the year, man is it Saturday yet!!!

Going to hit Bass Pro, find some good food and enjoy some Saturday evening football, can't wait.

Man Big O there you go again! That's your opinion and that's theirs. Of course Abingdon had something to do with it. Richlands played there worst game and no denying that. We all gave Abingdon credit for whipping our butts. We are still playing right now and deserve to be and will use our opinions. I will say it again just for you...... Abingdon beat Richlands fair and square and were the better team that night!!!!!