GC Blues round two

ba961

Thanks BIGBill,  appreciate that!  Just a wonderful high school football game ! Anytime you beat GC in GC in the playoffs you have done something !  So much respect for your program and fan support !  We will see you guys next year in another slobber knocker for sure !

What a game my Blues played--awesome. It was definitely a "thriller from Manila" game--the Blues fans so proud of them.  From the time the team came out on the field for warmups to final play the fans were LOUD with their cheering and noisemakers.  The team fed off of it.

It had been overcast the whole game, but on the final play of the game when the Blues took the kneeldown, just for a brief moment, the clouds moved back and the sun shone through shining on our side. It was an awesome sight!!!

Gate City had an awesome team, we pretty well held Herron in check, but #10, #43 and I believe #63 were a load to bring down.  Congrats to my Blues and the Gate City Blues.

Tbgfan....I agree and well said. I was so proud of our fans today. We were so loud from the entrance of the Captians until the final buzzer it was an awesome feeling. My heart couldn't take much more at the end. Our fans were so loud I couldn't even here the Gate City fans although I knew they were cheering too. It was just a classic played the old fashioned way! Gate City lined it up and said stop me if you can and was very successful in that. I feel very fortunate to come away with the win. Its a shame that one had to lose.

Coach Mance and his staff deserve a great deal credit for an awesome game plan and the young men just fed off the crowd and gave it all and it took every bit of it. Well done Richlands  Coaches, Players and fans!!!!!!!!!

I agree. Gate city was an absolute roar Id imagine for about 2 and a half hours today. I would say at LEAST 6000 people there. Probably more. I'm not sure how many people exactly gc bleachers hold but that place was packed out.

Yeah..............was a great game. Obviously wanted my Devils to win, but we could not pull it out. I thought we came out a little flat. Were not fired up yesterday like we were against Buckingham. It was 0-14 before we got going. Richlands is just too good of a team to spot them 14 points. 

Two pretty evenly matched teams went at it yesterday. Hated to see either one of them lose.

MUCH better fan and player behavior yesterday than we got from Buckingham the week before. It is my understanding that the Buckingham players urinated, and threw toilet paper, all over the locker room floor before leaving GC. 

Great job by the Richlands' fans. Hats off to you. 

Guess I am a Blues fan for a couple of weeks. :)

The lack of defense by both teams surprised me also. Neither team punted.

We (GC) generally do not defend the pass well. I knew we were going to have trouble defending the pass. When I saw how muddy the field was, I knew the job would be even harder.

Still..............a great game. Two great programs. Two great fan bases. 

Question for anybody that know the answer. Did river play in the first gate city game?

He didn't start the game and missed the first two series. But he played the rest of the game after that.

Well looks like Legion Field forgot to scare anybody. I don't know why GC fans think teams are scared to play there, because unlike many of you think it's not even top 5 best atmosphere's in the state.I guess even the great Legion field couldn't withstand a tornado this time of year.  However, GC had a good team. Their problem was the DB play. Just because a kid is fast you cant throw him back their and expect him to be a good DB. Heck the good WR that Lee had torched Herron on a bomb for a touchdown, and he couldnt stay within 7 steps of Herron in a race. Might wanna look at whats going on with the teaching of these DBs, because Richlands def took advantage of the poor DB play.

The best high school football atmosphere (in Virginia) that I have personally witnessed was in Louisa County.  Fire breathing metal dragon, a live Lion (team mascot), fireworks, crazy fans, t-shirt cannons, a military fly over...all this for a mid-season regular game.   And they play a pretty mean brand of football. 

The best high school football atmosphere (in Virginia) that I have personally witnessed was in Louisa County. Fire breathing metal dragon, a live Lion (team mascot), fireworks, crazy fans, t-shirt cannons, a military fly over...all this for a mid-season regular game. And they play a pretty mean brand of football.

Saw them play at Liberty several years ago.... they were in the D4 championship game i think and their fans were crrraaaazy!! I think they played after Richlands that day!! Not sure the year... they all run together.

Thanks for that info Bearcat Bob I have been to many games but haven't made it to Louisa County yet. Just was trying to let it be known that ringing cow bells(like 75%) of HS's do, and sitting on the wrong side does not make Legion Field anything even close to a top atmosphere in VA. Also, love how GC fans were complaining because supposedly Richlands was trying to get the game moved to E&H because of the mud, and after GC lost some of their fans mentioned they muddy field as a one of the reasons GC lost.

Not quite jealous buddy just speaking the truth. Wasn't really spreading anything just commenting and stating my opinion on things that had already been said by the fans of GC. Sorry I hurt your feelings guy for talking about your dump. Since you are so upset over that post maybe it will erase the sting of that Tornado that ran or should I say "passed" through on Saturday.

As far as spreading on 2 different message boards I can't say that I have. Haven't quite gained membership to any other board but the good ol SWVA forum. I did read the post that someone stated some of the same things i did on another board.Hey, I like that guy, great minds think alike.

I mean it is more of a dump than if you are trying to call it " the greatest high school football atmosphere in the state." I mean come on be honest with yourselves. Of course you Gate city people think everything in Gate City is the best, but come on Legion, the best in the state? Thats not even close. The only thing that Gate City has thats the best in the state is volleyball, and let's just be honest who really cares or willvremember volleyball 15 years from now. However, congrats on winning back to back state titles in volleyball.