Giles vs Glenvar rematch

nrv_football

We lost a game and now we aren't who everyone thought we were? LOL you are a clown

So to be who everyone thought we were we should have to win another title to prove it? get a life idiot

Congrats to Glenvar....played a great game today and deserved the win....good luck next week

I saw Glenvar for 4 quarters a week ago, and I wasn't impressed. Hell, it took a late score to open up a 10 point lead on a Union team that had 5 ints and 2 fumbles. If Giles was the team y'all had 'em built up to be, there is no way Giles loses to the team I saw in Glenvar. As far as championships go, I can't find but 4 state titles that Giles has ever won in the history of the school (maybe I missed one...who knows). That's not impressive to me either...I got half that many many moons ago as a player (that was just a quarter of what my alma mater achieved in just 17 years time), and back then you only got three years of varsity where I was from...9th grade was strictly JV. So before you spout off calling folks idiot or clown, maybe you should just quit looking at message boards if you can't take the heat. That being said, I do dig y'all's school colors...maybe a little less red and a little more blue tho.

I saw Glenvar for 4 quarters a week ago, and I wasn't impressed. Hell, it took a late score to open up a 10 point lead on a Union team that had 5 ints and 2 fumbles. If Giles was the team y'all had 'em built up to be, there is no way Giles loses to the team I saw in Glenvar. As far as championships go, I can't find but 4 state titles that Giles has ever won in the history of the school (maybe I missed one...who knows). That's not impressive to me either...I got half that many many moons ago as a player (that was just a quarter of what my alma mater achieved in just 17 years time), and back then you only got three years of varsity where I was from...9th grade was strictly JV. So before you spout off calling folks idiot or clown, maybe you should just quit looking at message boards if you can't take the heat. That being said, I do dig y'all's school colors...maybe a little less red and a little more blue tho.

Not even wasting my time with clowns like you....have a great day

I watched Giles play several times this year. What I witnessed on saturday didn't look like the same team at all. Total meltdown poor tackling, blocking, everything looked off.

You are right this isn't the same Giles team i saw all year either but it happened and we lost and congrats to glenvar on a great played game...rooting for them unless they play richlands

We lose our OL except for one but our JV line looks pretty good to me and alot got some PT this year on the varsity....our defense returns most of the players....I think we lose 3 on D....we won't win the state next year(but you never know) but we should be just fine next year....lots of skill players back

Alot of our seniors this year didn't get alot of PT to be honest except in garbage time

It's OK. You're not the only one on here that resorts to name calling when you can't answer an argument.

I'm not going to argue with you pal....we have 4 state titles and yes ya'll have more than us but if 4 state titles don't impress you then 99% of the state don't impress you i guess...so im done with this

2 starters on offensive line coming back next year.  backfield mostly returning minus #3 (which is a major hit btw).  DE's and NG are gone, DT's return, need one linebacker and a safety.

Best of Luck to Richlands and Glenvar.  Like to see the thing stay on this end of the state.

I'm not going to argue with you pal....we have 4 state titles and yes ya'll have more than us but if 4 state titles don't impress you then 99% of the state don't impress you i guess...so im done with this

I'm not arguing with you...but no offense, it's hard to be impressed with 4 state titles when there have been 4 schools within 30 miles of your home that have won at least that many.

Sup_rbeast,

on behalf of the Giles fan base, I'd like to apologize to you for the name calling (idiot, clown).  Most of us have a little more brass than that. 

We're all hurting over this past week's loss.  Having come through the program many years ago, this loss hurt about as bad as the one that ended my own career, because I feel we lost to a team that was not quite as good as ours.  Football is weird in that way.  I make no excuses though.  The team we beat 3 weeks ago 33-0 was the same as the one that beat us last week, except for one DT, MLB, and DB, and I'll stand now and say that those 3 players didn't swing the game from 33 in our favor to 35 in theirs.  Bottom line is we played our worst game in 2 years, and Glenvar played their best, maybe ever.  It's been said football is a game of inches.  If Glenvar's QB had been a few inches off, if a ball or two would have bounced differently, I'm not gonna say we would have won, but the outcome may have been different.  I would even go so far as to say that if these two teams played this Saturday, that the outcome may be completely different.  But all of these are mute at this point.  It doesn't matter now.  Glenvar came in with a game plan, and nothing to lose and everything to gain mentality, and executed it flawlessly.  Scoring 21 points in 14 seconds at the end of the 1st half, I doubt Jamies Winston could have brought his team back from that.  I watched the entire Glenvar/Union game film, and like you, wasn't impressed by Glenvar whatsoever, and I was confident as a Christian holding 4 aces, that this was going to be a repeat of 3 weeks prior.  But the way they came out and executed, I don't believe anyone in 2A could have beat them Saturday. 

Coach Ragsdale taught us that football is a metaphor for life.  I've seen several of those parallels because of this game.  First one, is watching the majority of our own fans head for the gate with about 8 minutes left in the 4th QTR, which I thought was poor to say the least.  I hope the name caller here wasn't one of them.  Second one, is winning 27 straight and then getting discredited(by you) for botching up one.   you know, we should really take a minute to think that we're discussing 16, 17, and 18 year old kids.  And to our own fair weather fan base, and talking to some of the kids afterwards, walking out on them with time left on the clock didn't go unnoticed, but hopefully they will see that as one of the many life lessons that can learned from playing this game.

To Richlands and Glenvar, good luck here on out.  To everyone else, best of luck next season.

No apology necessary...my issue was with Hokiebird, not anyone else. I know every school has all types of fans with all types of attitudes..good and bad.  Being upset after losing a game you feel you should win is understandable.  But, I also understand that this is just a message board as well. It's not like my feelings were hurt or anything...I just took issue with the name calling. In jest, it's ok, but when it is done to be demeaning, it's uncalled for.