ALTAVISTA AT HONAKER

litltiger

Thank you all for your responses.  It is interesting how successful those individual situations turned out.

Now can someone tell me how big Honaker is across the line?  When I hear them being compared to that Clintwood team from a few years back I would expect to hear of some big kids up front.

Good luck to my 2nd favorite team !  Show em how we hit here in SWVA !  They have a lot of speed,  but when you get your shot,  lay a few big Honaker type of hits on them and it will slow them down.  I will be pulling hard for you guys so good luck and go get em !

Thank you all for your responses.  It is interesting how successful those individual situations turned out.

Now can someone tell me how big Honaker is across the line?  When I hear them being compared to that Clintwood team from a few years back I would expect to hear of some big kids up front.

Honaker doesent have near as much size as the 2012 Clintwood team had. Honaker isint small by any means but they arent huge like Clintwood was. That Clintwood team may have been the largest team ever in VA for a school under 400 students. 

As a kid who started school at age 4, I have a bit of a different take on this.

I wouldn't change a thing. I now look at delaying that year as taking away a year of earning capacity in adulthood, which is a decision I wouldn't make in retrospect.

However, what fits for me won't for some. I was the biggest kid in the class already. I was also reading on a 4th grade level coming into kindergarten, and I could count to 999,999,999,999,999,999 (that's not an exaggeration, I knew ones, tens, hundreds, up through quadrillions). The only question was social maturity, and I wasn't prohibitively behind the other kids.

It really didn't affect me much, other than being held back to play a 4th year of pee-wee football. I really hurt some kids that year. Some of them badly. Sorry, anyone from the ages of 26-28 who I sent out of games.

My son has a similar decision to be made for him, as his birthday is 3 days away from mine. If he's educationally, physically, and emotionally ready, he's going to school at 4. But if he's not, that's fine, too.

I started school at age 4 and finished at age 17.  As far a size wise goes call me average, never the biggest or smallest in my class, well untill high school I might have been one of the smallest. Physically, educationally and emotionally I was ready to start school early (5 older brothers and sisters teaching you things will have you ready early).  The only dissavantage for me was in little league sports, the kids in my class would move up to the next level a year before me while I was stuck playing with kids a year behind me in school.   Once in high school the rolls reversed, I was moved to varsity football and baseball as a freshman while the rest of my classmates were still playing JV untill our junior year when they moved up.  I don't know if I would change my path through school or not, it worked out well for me.  Not many kids can say they were starting varsity football as a 13 year old freshman.