Tigers @ Trojans

redtiger

So I just noticed that theres not a Haysi/Essex thread(I have been far too consumed with planning for the trip).

So my take is this,

Haysi is one of the fastest teams in 1A West, not as fast as some of the East teams but the gap is close enough that Essex wont have a HUGE advantage imo. Haysis Offense continues to be developing and is almost at its apex. 29 points on a Galax Defense thats as good as any 1A team in the state is nothing to laugh at. Yates being limited last week with the flu and Duncan being suspended from the game really hurt our rushing game and pass protection. Both will be back and ready this week.

The Haysi D was shredded by Dixon and the Galax OL last week, thats a fact but Haysi was a man down on a already thin DL(and truth be told Galax held at the point of attack a lot and got away with it). Duncan not being in there at DT meant our 3 man DT rotation became 2 guys playing the whole game and our 5 man fronts were pretty much out of the question. I look for improvement this week with Duncan back AND he will have a weeks rest which I think cannot be overstated this deep into the season. 

Essex has a very explosive Offense, Their backs will be the fastest we have seen all season BAR NONE and stopping them is out of the question. The key imo is containment, no long TD runs and no easy runs. Hit them every play, gang tackle and make them work for every yard. We do not want this to become a track meet. I have thoughts on how Haysi will play Defensively but I will keep those to myself. 

Defensively I dont know a whole lot about the Trojans other than they have good size up front and again THEY ARE QUICK! I know they have one of the better DBs in 1A(2nd only to Thornhill). I believe Haysis multiple sets and varied playcalling will negate some of that speed advantage by keeping the defenders unsure of what they are looking at and what their assignments are. 

If Haysi limits their mistakes and limits the big plays of Essex I think the RED TIGERS have a strong chance of winning the game.

LETS GO BIG RED!!!!!

GO HONAKER!

GO RICHLANDS!

from the reports im  getting, essex is not as quick as they used to be, but, have a real good qb, as some quick running backs,,,from what i  was told, they have a kid thats a 7 footer,300+ lbs ,plays on the line,on defence, and lines up at fullback, now how agile this kid is i don't know,  this kid kinda worries me in the fact , he could be used for a fly swatter, and short yardage situations....

from the reports im  getting, essex is not as quick as they used to be, but, have a real good qb, as some quick running backs,,,from what i  was told, they have a kid thats a 7 footer,300+ lbs ,plays on the line,on defence, and lines up at fullback, now how agile this kid is i don't know,  this kid kinda worries me in the fact , he could be used for a fly swatter, and short yardage situations....

Hes 7' 380lbs, idk ab him lining up at FB but I think they have a big FB. The 7' kid plugs his gap on Defense.

Good luck Haysi !  Keep the party rolling !  Please have a safe trip to and from the game and bring back another Victory which would be sooooo very sweet since this will be the last season of Haysi high school !  I will be pulling hard for you guys !

First off I want to say thanks to King William for letting the Tigers and Trojans use their facility, top notch stadium.

Haysi played ok, just got out of their game and couldnt catch up vs a team as good as Essex. Imo the game was closer than the score.

Essex played a very good game. Stayed with hat they do best and were able to grind Haysi down. Very talented team with a very solid OLine. On a side note, I really like what Essex does on Offense.

Every team that has beaten Haysi in the semifinals to this point has went on to win State

Good luck to the Trojans!!!  Beat Altavista!

Was that an anomaly or does most east teams have such poor fan support? 20 miles from their home field and we outnumbered them at least 2 to 1.

Altavista brought a good crowd over to Fuller Field although they are in the east, they are more central!