Any coaches available for the G-Men???

MrSocko

I have to tip my hat to Coach Williams.  He saw that his coaching style and staff selections were largely a poor fit for Graham, and he had the fortitude to step down rather than continue with an experiment doomed to be unsuccessful.  I only wish the coaches of my college and professional football teams would have similar convictions.  Williams appears to be a strong, Christian man who legitimately loves Bluefield and the kids he teaches and coaches.

I wish it had worked out for him, but I have nothing but praise for him recognizing it and doing the best thing for everyone involved.

Best of luck, Coach.  Thank you for your time and dedication to Graham High School football.

I would say that BlueRazor would know,  and I don't see anyway that he would leave at least until his son graduates.  His wife is from Richlands and his son plays his last season here & he seems to love it here.  I think ( and it's just my opinion )  if, and when he leaves,  I think it will be to either go home to Giles or to give college coaching a try.  I think he would welcome the challenge of coaching at the higher level.  Now I don't know what level of college,  but I do know on a recent radio interview,  or maybe it was a interview in a newspaper ( I am a little senile and can't remember which ),  but he said he had been contacted at some point by a college to see if he had any interest in coaching at that level,  ( I could be wrong about what I heard or read and if I am please let me know Razor )   and he said he could possibly be interested at some point,  but I think that may be a couple of years from now.

I just know that Richlands is, and has been very lucky to have him at the head of our program,  and some of our fans may not realize just how lucky until he is gone.  I hope it is very far in the future before that happens !

I see Colley being at Ridgeview, even if its not as HC. 

You think the Gfans would welcome a multiple formation, shotgun, pass friendly Offense?

Colley doesent deal with very many parental issues at Haysi, idk how he would take to that.

Grundy could be an option but my $ is on him being at Ridgeivew and maybe being AD / Offensive Consultant

I personally think Colley deserves the option to be Head Coach at Ridgeview. Although I must say You could argue the point from the other side too and be validated. I cant wait to see what they decide.

I started not to say it but I will.....I think they ought to give Thad Wells a shot. He probably wouldn't want to leave Carolina so fast but Im sure he would listen. I really look for him to be successful for a lot of reasons. One of the most important reasons is.......He lives, eats and breathes football.

I have to tip my hat to Coach Williams. He saw that his coaching style and staff selections were largely a poor fit for Graham, and he had the fortitude to step down rather than continue with an experiment doomed to be unsuccessful.

I'm not sure I would believe that he came to this decision on his own.. But "I don't care to elaborate."

I started not to say it but I will.....I think they ought to give Thad Wells a shot. He probably wouldn't want to leave Carolina so fast but Im sure he would listen. I really look for him to be successful for a lot of reasons. One of the most important reasons is.......He lives, eats and breathes football.

I don't believe Wells would leave after just a year in his present job ... and before that only staying a year at VA High. 

In the storyline on his job acceptance at his present school....he said he started looking for another job (on a national hiring site) after his wife and he started talking about moving closer to a southern city to accomodate her photography interest in southern weddings.   They're in the low country of SC and located not far from Charleston... there's an ole saying, it's all about location...and he and his wife are in a VERY nice location for a young couple.      

Carlock Jr could breath life back into this program and at this point it wouldn't be Sr he would be following, and if not that maybe Akers, I know he would give his heart, soul, and mind to that program.  Maybe him and if Carlock could plug in as assistant one side of the ball or other, the G would be on their way back quickly.