VHSL reform

Beamerball

Breaking: Delegate Glenn Davis (R-Va Beach) has introduced a bill to alter the way the VHSL apportions voting power #allmets

The bill aims to abolish the VHSL's current 1-vote-per-school setup and shift it to a representative model based on school population.

This would particularly benefit Northern Virginia schools — the state's biggest schools — who currently wield less voting power (cont'd...)

... than the smaller, rural schools scattering the state, who also receive one vote each. 5A and 6A leaders looking to move fast on this

House Bill No. 965 demands that schools remain members of the VHSL only if it apportions voting rights based on student enrollment

Here's the bill: http://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp604.exe?161+ful+HB965 â€¦

great state

I would like to tell TennesseeMom that she owes me a refund.  I actually paid for my oldest son to finish his junior year at D-B after we moved back to VA mid year.  This was back in early 2000  but I will not charge any interest.  $2k will suffice.

I would like to tell TennesseeMom that she owes me a refund.  I actually paid for my oldest son to finish his junior year at D-B after we moved back to VA mid year.  This was back in early 2000  but I will not charge any interest.  $2k will suffice.

I'm pretty sure UVAObserver scared her away with his legal mumbo jumbo.

Not to stir the pot up anymore than it already is......but with the likelihood of Sullivan North, Sullivan Central, and Sullivan South all consolidating in the very near future, I foresee some numbers changing at GC. Not sure where the numbers are currently but from alot of people that I've talked to, their kids don't seem too thrilled about all the mess going on in Sullivan County and alot are considering the move to GC. Might have to do some school add-ons just to hold all the Tennessee'ans! Heck they might even change the name to the Gate City Volunteers (gagged a lil typing that) .....so in turn the Gate City Holdback chant will no longer be recognized.

River..............I threw up a little in my mouth at your Volunteers reference. Please.....no more. 

I'm sure GC will just get the good athletes from TN coming over. I mean, that is all we get.......right? I am pretty sure the school board has all TN kids run a 40 yard dash before any final decision is made on whether that kid will be allowed to attend GC.

Amazes me that it seems a lot of people actually believe we have a bunch of TN kids coming to GC to play sports. 

Following is a more detailed write-up on the 'proposed' bill...TWHS is mentioned in the article...

For more than 100 years, the #VHSL has used a one-school, one-vote model. Time for a change?

http://wapo.st/1Vgrigc 

great state

I got a pretty solid laugh out of the complaint from Woodbridge that they had to travel "over 200 miles" round trip to Thomas Dale for a playoff game

And to the Virginia Beach litigation and appeals attorney, Kevin Martingayle, I just want to know that when votes are being cast on behalf of OUR children in Southwest Virginia, that they’re not being punished because they happen to be from a rural, less populated part of the state.

So basically I see us going back to the 3 Class dsystem if this passes.

0- 1k

1k to 2k

2k+

It doesn't appear to have much of a chance to pass but, like the Tebow Bill, it is probably something that will be introduced 3,4, or 5 years in a row.

It doesn't appear to have much of a chance to pass but, like the Tebow Bill, it is probably something that will be introduced 3,4, or 5 years in a row.

And like the Tebow bill, it will get more and more support each year it is introduced. The poor folks in NOVA,Richmond and Tidewater are so repressed.

• 2 months later...