Coaching changes

Single A west

There's no doubt in my mind about that. The reason we lost so many assistants last year was because of him. And there were several players with one foot out the door this year. I'd say they pulled their feet back in and closed the door. At least temporarily. I know of 1 coach that might be applying for the opening. And I know of 1 from NoVa that really wanted the job last year but didn't get the call. I hope they make the decision this year with a little less bias.

I had him as a teacher and loved him. However, I have not heard much good about him since he first became principal. They have, over the years, done some principal shuffling to keep them from getting too comfortable with one school. I think it might be about that time again

Hale is aterrible coach- all indications chosen by Patton. That says enough for me. If hale would of stayed next season would of been a long season that would start a swoon dive. Glad he is gone and hope to get a good coach and quality person.

• 1 month later...

I haven't heard much, but there's been so much going on with my kids and school letting out that I haven't had a good opportunity to talk to my usual source. I have heard that there might be a principal change at the Fort. Cook moving up and Patton moving to another school.

The less Patton is involved in the coaching search, the better off the program will be in the long run in my opinion.  

Edit to add.....One name I heard very early on before Hale stepped down is very intriguing.  If true and given an opportunity, it could be the beginning of something very interesting. 

I've heard a possible name or 2, one of which could cause somewhat of a stir, but still has possibilities. The other I have been begging since LAST year to put in for it. He would definitely get the respect from the players and would give it back in return. His demeanor reminds me alot of Coach James, though I'm sure they have different coaching styles. But from what I have seen personally, he is a tough coach but not a major ass (for lack of better term) like some coaches in the county have been in the past.

One of the assistants that was there with James, before Hale graced us with his presence. They say the kids like him alot. And apparently, Patton had a say in it. I know this guy has no HC experience, but if the kids already respect him and he was assistant under James, as long as he takes what he learned under Hale as alot of what not to do, I think they will do well. Maybe not right out of the gate, but they have promise once again. I'm not disappointed, and I've talked to a couple of parents that aren't either. I think it's gonna be a good run :)

It is supposed to officially be announced this Thursday. But all signs seem to point to him. I'm looking forward to see what he can do with them. But I'm betting he will do great. He already has a relationship with the team and has their respect, and that respect alone will take him far. I see great things again in the future of FC football.