How do you feel about teams

HM3-8404

How do you feel about teams you play often. 

1) Gate City- The only team " I don't mind losing to" my grandfather used to say " if you can stay within two TDs of them you will have a good season". 

2) Union- I dread playing them they have a horseshoe in their butts, or they have ice water in their veins. 

3) Bluefield- Grandpaw said if you play them at home late in the season you are SCREWED. Lots of talent. great coaching. Well payed refs. Lol.

4) Tazewell- Used to be rough, lately not so much. I always pull for them until we play them then I remember why I hate them. Lol.

5) Graham- For years the team we could never beat. Now I really believe Carlock was one of the best coaches in Va period.Still don't like them. Lol.

6) Marion- Don't mind playing them. Good about 25% of the time, but never really bad either. 

7) Grundy- I just feel bad for them. Used to be very tough

8) Honaker- Great for the size of the school. One of the best single A schools in the area.

9) Virginia High- They Scare me every year. I feel like they don't play up to their potential every year.

10) Abingdon- Alot like VHS. The upside is endless there.

11) Lebanon- Kind of neutral with them. So so.

12) Carroll County- Play very well at home. Not so much on the road.

13) Giles- Better do your homework or they will eat it. Have much respect for them Gate City, and Union. All class acts and very good.

This is my take on the local teams that we play often, well Giles not so often lately. I pull for all of these teams when we are not playing them. My favorite places to watch a game are Ernie Hicks, Legion Field, Bullett Park, and Mitchell Stadium. 

Best fans Gate City and Giles. 

Gate City- Hit hard, play with class win or lose, test your run defense.

Union- Hit pretty hard, play with class, test your pass D.

Bluefield- Can you contain all the speed it kills. At Bluefield can you handle the refs.

Graham- hit hard and play hard

Honaker- nothing but respect here.

Giles- hit hard play with class.

How do you feel about teams you play often. 

1) Gate City- The only team " I don't mind losing to" my grandfather used to say " if you can stay within two TDs of them you will have a good season". 

2) Union- I dread playing them they have a horseshoe in their butts, or they have ice water in their veins. 

3) Bluefield- Grandpaw said if you play them at home late in the season you are SCREWED. Lots of talent. great coaching. Well payed refs. Lol.

4) Tazewell- Used to be rough, lately not so much. I always pull for them until we play them then I remember why I hate them. Lol.

5) Graham- For years the team we could never beat. Now I really believe Carlock was one of the best coaches in Va period.Still don't like them. Lol.

6) Marion- Don't mind playing them. Good about 25% of the time, but never really bad either. 

7) Grundy- I just feel bad for them. Used to be very tough

8) Honaker- Great for the size of the school. One of the best single A schools in the area.

9) Virginia High- They Scare me every year. I feel like they don't play up to their potential every year.

10) Abingdon- Alot like VHS. The upside is endless there.

11) Lebanon- Kind of neutral with them. So so.

12) Carroll County- Play very well at home. Not so much on the road.

13) Giles- Better do your homework or they will eat it. Have much respect for them Gate City, and Union. All class acts and very good.

This is my take on the local teams that we play often, well Giles not so often lately. I pull for all of these teams when we are not playing them. My favorite places to watch a game are Ernie Hicks, Legion Field, Bullett Park, and Mitchell Stadium. 

Best fans Gate City and Giles. 

Gate City- Hit hard, play with class win or lose, test your run defense.

Union- Hit pretty hard, play with class, test your pass D.

Bluefield- Can you contain all the speed it kills. At Bluefield can you handle the refs.

Graham- hit hard and play hard

Honaker- nothing but respect here.

Giles- hit hard play with class.

The same can be said for Carroll County.  Given the size of the school, they should be better in athletics than they have proven to be.  At some point, someone will come along and pull the school together, one would think.  It's nothing new really, politics abound in Hillsville.

The same can be said for Carroll County.  Given the size of the school, they should be better in athletics than they have proven to be.  At some point, someone will come along and pull the school together, one would think.  It's nothing new really, politics abound in Hillsville.

Carroll County should have been a juggernaut in the old SWD, especially in the days prior to the ascension of Galax.

But again, politics.

I respect Gate City's tradition and programs.  Their fans are very annoying during close games and are unbearable in losses.  But the players do play (win or lose) with a certain class/pride.  Absolutely loved playing against Tennessee High, especially at the Stone Castle. 

VHS is and will remain a baseball school until someone with a strong character/personality takes over the football program.  Way too much political/parental involvement in the football program.  I have said it before:  VHS could be the SW version of James Monroe HS with their athletes if only they had the right head coach and administration.