2015 Richlands football team

Swvafan72

Will this team be "mentally" tough as last years team. Starting off 0-2 then seniors meet and pull it together. Alot of talent...hope they have the mindset.

I believe it's all in the QBs hands and how he performs, I've read how people don't think the qbs spot is a big loss, I for one believe it's your biggest loss from last season, River was a huge leader on the field the office went though him, he was that mental toughness you referring to, so I hope he's mentally tough and ready for what everyone believing is a special season to come

I believe it's all in the QBs hands and how he performs, I've read how people don't think the qbs spot is a big loss, I for one believe it's your biggest loss from last season, River was a huge leader on the field the office went though him, he was that mental toughness you referring to, so I hope he's mentally tough and ready for what everyone believing is a special season to come

You are correct with River. He was the heart and soul of our offense. The intangibles he brought can't be measured. With Asbury, he's much more of a pure passer. River was threat running maybe more than he was passing. With Asbury, you're going to get a better passing game. But he can still tuck it and run when he needs to.

Kid has an arm. And it's just pretty to watch a lefty throw a ball. The ceiling is high for him. He just needs to slow the game down in his head a bit and he will be just fine.

Both of you are right on the money Ryan and Tazewellcounty. River was special.....Asbury has all the tools. The game has slowed down for him as far as knowing the offense in and out and 7 on 7s. Of course what really matters is when we line up against a Gate City defense that wants to replant him out of Tazewell County on that first night remains to be seen. It will be much different that night.

That being said he has the leadership qualities to be the man.

P.S.

He will have so much senior leadership that will take a load off him in his first full year as a starter

I see a lot of talk about the new quarterback what can you guys tell me unfortunately I don't get to see the games only what I can get from the media and the radio. Thanks to who ever started this forum it's great information. I really miss the feel of SWVA football being here on the eastern part of Va. they are no comparison to football here

the support here just doesn't exist. It's hard to explain how lucky you guys are they are something's you can't buy and this is one of them. Thanks Val

• 2 weeks later...

He's probably right......no doubt they are the favorite and should be in my opinion. Whoever it is that ends up playing them in December will have to better than very good......they will have to be great.

No doubt we have some talent and a great opportunity but there are so many things that have to go your way. Our boys look good and have a great opportunity in front of them and I think we can make some noise late November if we can stay reasonably healthy and hungry.

Very excited about it all....its getting closer. Belfry, GW and GMen coming to Ernie this Friday evening. That will give us some insight for sure.

I agree with you i hope we stay under their radar.....lol

Our front five on defense is something I am very excited about.

Landon & Cordle DE

Mance & Anderson DT

Holmes & Alley NT

Good size, very strong, athletic and about three of the five are very aggressive and just mean as far as getting it done in the trenches.

We do have very good skill players and we will score some points no doubt but if we end up being a good team that can compete come November. It is my opinion our defense will be the biggest part of that happening. Wade and Addison should be as good of a duo at linebacker as we have had in a while. Then our dbs and safeties are athletes with good height and speed with a couple of big hitters. Can't wait to see if they can deliver.

I know that's a lot of praise but this thread is about the 2015 Blues so forgive me guys and gals if it came across wrong....not my intent