Scrimmages??

futbolking

I hear that Graham won't be having the Grid o Rama this year... instead will be participating in the festivities at Richlands with Belfry, Richlands etc.....

The following week they will be traveling to scrimmage the defending state champions (Glenvar)..... should be good tune ups for the regular season.

At least, this is what I have "heard"....not sure of the correctness.

Anybody have scrimmage info?  I'd like to plan my first few weeks of August accordingly.... and catch as many of the local teams in preseason action as I can.

I'm not for sure but has been in the last few years Giles will scrimmage at Hidden Valley the first weekend then travel to Pulaski County for a benefit game the 2nd weekend....always good test for us and adding on our first 2 regular season games are Blacksburg and Christiansburg we have a few tests to start the season

According to the school website, Galax scrimmages Mount Airy, NC August 12.  That should be highly entertaining given the proximity of the schools and communities.  It has been years since they have competed against each other in anything.

I hear that Graham won't be having the Grid o Rama this year... instead will be participating in the festivities at Richlands with Belfry, Richlands etc.....

The following week they will be traveling to scrimmage the defending state champions (Glenvar)..... should be good tune ups for the regular season.

At least, this is what I have "heard"....not sure of the correctness.

Anybody have scrimmage info?  I'd like to plan my first few weeks of August accordingly.... and catch as many of the local teams in preseason action as I can.

Confirmed:

At Richlands  and at Glenvar on the 21st.  The Glenvar scrimmage is scheduled for 5 o clock.  Not sure about the Richlands scrimmages.  I don't think I'll be able to make it to Salem by 5 dangit.

Auburn,Rural Retreat and James River at Carroll.Co August 14th 5PM

Nice!  Carroll County has a higher student enrollment than Auburn, Rural Retreat and James River combined.  This is exactly why they have never been competitive at their classification in football.

TWIN VALLEY JAMBOREE

12 noon-TWIN VALLEY VS TWIN SPRINGS

1;10-TWIN SPRINGS VS CRAIG COUNTY

2.20-HURLEY VS CRAIG OUNTY

3.30-HURLEY VS NARROWS

4.40-GRUNDY VS NARROWS

5.50-GRUNDY VS CASTLEWOOD

7.00-CASTLEWOOD VS RIVERVEIW(WVA)

8:10-TWIN VALLEY VS RIVERVEIW

TigerValley, thanks for the info. I wasnt sure about the teams or the date lol. Thats a good mix of teams at the Ridgeview scrimmage imo, although a little weak overall. Hopefully Ridgeview will play Eastside and TV/Hurley. I dont want us to play a District team that we will be playing later in the year. Ive heard Shelby Valley is the 1st scrimmage on the 14/15th, I think they were an up and comming team last season so that might be solid competition.

Shelby Valley lost in the AA semi-finals last year. SV is a wing-t school and is suppose to be returning just about everybody on both sides of the ball.  Hurley is playing them again this year. Ridgeview is playing Eastside in the first game and Hurley in the nightcap. I look forward to visiting the new school.

Ridgeview Football Jamboree

August 21, 2015

4:00 Ridgeview vs Eastside

5:00 Central vs Chilhowie

6:00 Eastside vs Twin Valley

7:00 Hurley vs Chilhowie

8:00 Central vs Twin Valley

9:00 Ridgeview vs Hurley

Shelby Valley finished 11-3 last season but got blasted in the KY AA State Semifinal by a team that finished 8-6 (4-5 during the regular season) and the team that beat them got blasted in the Championship game.

• 2 weeks later...

Ridgeview Scrimage is alot weaker than I would like to see but it is what it is.

Ridgeviews 1st scrimage is against Shelby Valley (Good mid level Ky Team) but I worry that a weak Jamboree and 1st game vs Jenkens may have us ill prepared for the regular season.

Of course with a new school it could also give them a change to gel as a team (I am tring to be more positive this season so I am going with that one LOL)

I've always loved the fact that we scrimmage someone tough (Christainsburg and Belfry come to mind), have a benefit game that's not easy (Bassett and Honaker) and then suit up against Gate City week one. It's a real measuring stick for just what kind of team you have.