VAPreps doesn't even have Richlands in their Pre-season Top 10...

GMan

VaPreps is the good book you know, everything ever said on there is nothing short of the gospel. 

So, let me get this straight...you don't think they know their ass from a hole in the ground??? Or, they don't know $hit from shinola???

Which one is it?  I'm confused...

assholeintheground.jpg

ShitFromShinola.jpg

56103801.jpg

Ha!!! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Let's just leave out the team that was one OT play away from playing in a state title out of the top 10 completely.

We are mentioned twice in that article for knocking teams out last year, yet still no mention?

That will be in the locker room tomorrow.

Ha!!! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Let's just leave out the team that was one OT play away from playing in a state title out of the top 10 completely.

We are mentioned twice in that article for knocking teams out last year, yet still no mention?

That will be in the locker room tomorrow.

We also beat last year a team ranked in their preseason Div 3  

Went over to preps to see what else could see and noticed some of prognosticator's(fulbolking) post. Man, you setting here talking about getting people from West Virginia and then all the players that have went to Graham over the years? and you get on a state forum and try be to be little Richlands because kids want to come there and play.   Get over it.

Went over to preps to see what else could see and noticed some of prognosticator's(fulbolking) post. Man, you setting here talking about getting people from West Virginia and then all the players that have went to Graham over the years? and you get on a state forum and try be to be little Richlands because kids want to come there and play.   Get over it.

I'd be willing to bet that Richlands has had more kids transfer in from "local" schools over the last 10 years than Graham has had transfer in from WV in the last 30...

Name them...

I am by no means a Richlands supporter but did find it odd that Richlands was not listed.

Saw them at a 7 on 7 and they looked to be back on the upswing compared to the last year or two.

Rod is a good guy but he is based on the eastern side of the state so he needs a little help the western side.

His "research" listed several returning players that have either transferred or are already out for the season with injuries.    

Why would it bother you what my opinion is.  I said nothing of the sort in terms of belittling Richlands, in fact I even stated "not to pick on Richlands" but everybody does it and also stated somewhere in there something along the lines of "who could blame a kid for going to a successful program".... 

You're beef with me is probably that I stated that Richlands will get out-coached somewhere along the way when they meet somebody with equal talent and I'll stick to that statement.  I don't care what you all say about Mance, he has had a history of losing in big games.  

Yes, Graham has had transfers in the past, but far more have transferred from Graham to Bluefield or Richlands over the years.  As long as it's legitimate and within the rules, there's noting wrong with it....it's when somebody openly recruits is when it's wrong....

And if you go back and read my posts on Virginia Preps accurately you'll see that I was referring to Ocean Lakes "OL"...when I made that comment about recruiting.. but read into it what you want

I'm an old man, I've got opinions and who the hell cares what I think???

Here's one of my posts from Va Preps...for all to see.

"Not to pick on Richland's here, because it happens all over the place. Who could blame a kid to go to a winner if they have a choice and a legitimate way to do so within the rules (like the JROTC thing...). Its when coach's approach kids and tell them they are more likely to get recognized or get a scholarship...that's when the line has been crossed, like at OL..."

Here's the one I think you have a problem with:

"Like I said, they have the athletes.  You don't have to worry about talent, they made sure of that.  Question mark will come down  coaching these kids up.  I don't doubt they will be good,  don't need a scrimmage to tell me that with the talent they had come in.  However, can they beat a well coached team in the semis or finals.  I say "no".

They had a much more talented team than Poquoson in 2010, but lost."

Like I said, I'm old and I'm opinionated, but I don't think I was belittling anybody at all.  If I did it surely wasn't intentional.  

In fact, if my team isn't playing in December and yours is, I'll be making the trip and cheering them on.  May be worst enemies during the season, but we all seem to pull together come playoff time.

I've had to eat my share of crow in the past and I'm sure I'll eat more in the future.

what's the difference. Was it alright for Graham and not for Richlands.

As long as it's a legitimate transfer and it's within the rules and there is no recruiting taking place, there's nothing wrong with it.  Anyway, I don't want this topic to turn into a thread somebody started on Richlands Transfers on another site.  

Back on topic:  

Richlands deserved to be in the preseason top 10.....

You deleted at least one of your post.  It's clear  the kid from last year has been a bitter pill for you.  I am a old man to but don't snip at my team and not expect to be snipped back at.  As far as the coaching I have no problems with what they have done.  To make to the levels they have far exceeds not making it at all and is the reason kids want to come there.

CAN ANYBODY TELL,,,,    FOOTBALL SEASON IS ALMOST HERE, IT'S IN THE AIR.

You deleted at least one of your post.  It's clear  the kid from last year has been a bitter pill for you.  I am a old man to but don't snip at my team and not expect to be snipped back at.  As far as the coaching I have no problems with what they have done.  To make to the levels they have far exceeds not making it at all and is the reason kids want to come there.

CAN ANYBODY TELL,,,,    FOOTBALL SEASON IS ALMOST HERE, IT'S IN THE AIR.

I went back and deleted one of my posts that had something that may have been misinterpreted in it.  I went back and tried to see what may have made you think I was belittling somebody.   Like I said.  Do not want to belittle anybody or have it appear that way.  Just take your own advice and "get over it".  As will I....

I'm not bitter, but maybe a little sweet...

I went back and deleted one of my posts that had something that may have been misinterpreted in it. I went back and tried to see what may have made you think I was belittling somebody. Like I said. Do not want to belittle anybody or have it appear that way. Just take your own advice and "get over it". As will I....

I'm not bitter, but maybe a little sweet...

A little sweet? Are you referring to the one that got hurt last season?

A little sweet? Are you referring to the one that got hurt last season?

huh?

No, I'm saying I'm not bitter, but maybe a little sweet.....

Something that is overly sweet is "bitter"....

Just trying to be "pun-ish"....

huh?

No, I'm saying I'm not bitter, but maybe a little sweet.....

Something that is overly sweet is "bitter"....

Just trying to be "pun-ish"

And if you think I would be glad that a kid got hurt, that would just be wrong.  It means exactly what it says.  No hidden message or alternate meaning or anything like that, just my futile attempt at trying to be funny.

I have 2 kids of my own, one of whom who has spent countless days in the hospital with brain injury, surgeries and countless sleepless nights for me and her mother  I am the last person who would wish injury on another child, that is just ridiculous.  Anyway, this post has taken a turn that it shouldn't have.....

Can we all just get along and have a little fun in the process...  A little trash talk never hurt anybody, but I know there have been people on this site in the past who would say something like they were glad that a kid got hurt or it was Karma or something like that.  But believe me, I am the very last person who would wish ill will on a child.

I'll try this again:

Back to the original post:  Richlands should be on the top 10 list!!!!  I have no clue how they could have left them out.   Like I said before, the guys' name is "Rod Johnson"..... that says it all.

So we are on the "cusp"........lol,   so how many years/times  do you need to win your district and go to the playoffs, win the region, advance to either the state semi or state final and win a couple of states before you are considered " over the cusp " ?  Just wondering...........

So we are on the "cusp"........lol,   so how many years/times  do you need to win your district and go to the playoffs, win the region, advance to either the state semi or state final and win a couple of states before you are considered " over the cusp " ?  Just wondering...........

That's probably a question best suited for the  "Small School Guy"....