VAPreps doesn't even have Richlands in their Pre-season Top 10...

GMan

I agree with Blue Razor, let the teams get a couple of games under their belt, then if confident... make the bet.  It's great they've done well in 7 on 7's.  Richlands always does well in 7 on 7's.  The game is won in the trenches.  It's a little different with full gear and contact.  I'm sure if either team's qb has time, they can pick somebody apart. 

But who am I to talk.  I have already made a bet with my wife that Graham will beat Giles this season.  If I lose, I have to make a sign that says "Graham Sucks".  She will take a picture of me holding it and put it on the refrigerator for an entire year.

I like the "profile bet".  That is an awesome concept.

Ryan, I assure you, it is respect not hatred. It is just good to finally talk a little smack to you all. You are the Patriots of SWVA

As a Colts fan, this post absolutely disgusts me...............

I agree with Blue Razor, let the teams get a couple of games under their belt, then if confident... make the bet.

I like the "profile bet". That is an awesome concept.

If he's confident enough to say we won't win the diestict on July 16th, then he should be confident enough to make the bet. I was confident enough that we will win it on July 16th, so I put down the challenge.

If you're that confident, you shouldn't need to see them play a game or two, imo.

I agree with Blue Razor, let the teams get a couple of games under their belt, then if confident... make the bet. It's great they've done well in 7 on 7's. Richlands always does well in 7 on 7's. The game is won in the trenches. It's a little different with full gear and contact. I'm sure if either team's qb has time, they can pick somebody apart.

But who am I to talk. I have already made a bet with my wife that Graham will beat Giles this season. If I lose, I have to make a sign that says "Graham Sucks". She will take a picture of me holding it and put it on the refrigerator for an entire year.

I like the "profile bet". That is an awesome concept.

I like that bet, I also believe Graham will beat Giles this year and I think the Bluefield game will be very good one, I won't be surprised if Graham wins

I'll try this again:

Back to the original post:  Richlands should be on the top 10 list!!!!  I have no clue how they could have left them out.   Like I said before, the guys' name is "Rod Johnson"..... that says it all.

I dunno, besides his name, he seems like a pretty good guy.

Where'd you meet him?

As a Blues fan,  it would be nice to see them in the top 10 and in my opinion I believe they really do deserve a place there.  I think the way the guys finished the season and with the amount of returning talent that is coming back should be enough to earn a spot,    but to be honest,  the only poll I care anything at all about..............is the one at the end of the season.  That one,  you earn your way into,  it's not just somebody's opinion !

Good to have you over here Rod.......if its really you. You can learn way more than enough here to help your site out if you really want to. The overwhelming majority of the guys and gals here love their God, Country and High School Football with everything in them.

We have great debate with plenty of verbal jousting.....lol. We also know our boys very well. Most are spot on with their breakdown of the teams and how it should go. That being said we all let tunnel vision get to us sometimes.

Let us know if we can help.

Good to have you over here Rod.......if its really you. You can learn way more than enough here to help your site out if you really want to. The overwhelming majority of the guys and gals here love their God, Country and High School Football with everything in them.

We have great debate with plenty of verbal jousting.....lol. We also know our boys very well. Most are spot on with their breakdown of the teams and how it should go. That being said we all let tunnel vision get to us sometimes.

Let us know if we can help.

Yep, it really is me. Thanks for the welcome. I'll try my hardest not to be a "dick", "insane" or any other "verbal joust" that's been tossed my way in this thread so far. LOL

I will certainly keep an eye on how you guys think about your teams since my small school guy go it so "wrong" (we won't know that until December). Hopefully, I will learn more about my blind spot.

To be honest with you though, I learned long ago not to trust anonymous internet sources. if someone TRULY wants to be helpful, email me and open up a dialogue. That's how I build trust and a relationship with sources.

Hopefully, we can improve the VirginiaPreps.com coverage of 276 without all the sniping. Good to be here either way.

You know how I can buy a Richlands football t-shirt? 

Rod. In all seriousness Richlands is loaded with athletes. They will be the team to beat in SWVA IMO. Should probably be top 5.

This is actually coming from an Abingdon fan. I will e mail you after we scrimmage Northside. We are a long way from any of our 3A brethren, but I think we might break top ten by year end

Not yet, no.

What would give me reason to? I've never met you, don't know your name nor have we ever had a non-confrontational talk about football.

Interesting...

Rod. In all seriousness Richlands is loaded with athletes. They will be the team to beat in SWVA IMO. Should probably be top 5.

This is actually coming from an Abingdon fan. I will e mail you after we scrimmage Northside. We are a long way from any of our 3A brethren, but I think we might break top ten by year end

The funniest aspect of the entire "Rod Johnson is an idiot" debate is that I 100% agree with you, Mountain Man. During our staff discussions of the 2A rankings, no one was more supportive of putting Richlands in the top ten than me.

However, as the "boss" of the site, I do not consider it to be my role to override the opinions of the people whom I trust. The rope is there for my 2A staff, if the rankings are disastrously inaccurate and they've hung themselves, then I'll have to make a more concentrated effort to find better resources. 

The funniest aspect of the entire "Rod Johnson is an idiot" debate is that I 100% agree with you, Mountain Man. During our staff discussions of the 2A rankings, no one was more supportive of putting Richlands in the top ten than me.

However, as the "boss" of the site, I do not consider it to be my role to override the opinions of the people whom I trust. The rope is there for my 2A staff, if the rankings are disastrously inaccurate and they've hung themselves, then I'll have to make a more concentrated effort to find better resources.

I personally would recommend G Man for an unbiased opinion. He is a straight shooter and will give an honest assessment of the teams in this area. Maybe we could collectively come up with a top 10 every week, with G Man having the final say... Then send it along to you, you could then incorporate it into your rankings... that would be pretty cool and you would get a lot of input that way. You may get a few more of us visiting VA Preps more often, too.

I personally would recommend G Man for an unbiased opinion. He is a straight shooter and will give an honest assessment of the teams in this area. Maybe we could collectively come up with a top 10 every week, with G Man having the final say... Then send it along to you, you could then incorporate it into your rankings... that would be pretty cool and you would get a lot of input that way. You may get a few more of us visiting VA Preps more often, too.

That offer has been extended to GMan on our 2A board and he indicated that he would send his top ten to me weekly. If he chooses to poll people here, that is his prerogative. I don't know his methodology so I can't comment on what his plans are.

I don't know how Marion is in the top 10 we've lost so much talent from last years team. One more thing that I noticed is you have Andrew Bridges listed as the starting QB and that is incorrect.

Thanks, I appreciate the heads up. Best of luck this season.