3 games you are looking forward to watching this year

HM3-8404

As a Tornado fan The 3 for me are Gate City, Union and Abingdon. I feel like the vibe at Graham this year is like the vibe at Tazewell was last year. Graham is either going to have a good year or a very disappointing 2015 season. Last year Tazewell started off as world beaters and then dropped off the map. 

My there Richlands games are Union, Bluefield, and Abingdon. The last 4 Union games have been absolute barn burners. Bluefield is Bluefield. And they're posters have been VERY quiet. That either means they know they are good and don't want to say, or it could be a down year. It will still be a great game. And Abingdon is a revenge game.

Other games are Graham vs Bluefield. Union vs Ridgeview. And Honaker vs George Wythe.

I am really looking forward to the GC game..............because it's the first game of the year and gets the season going !  GC is also a great program,  and you know right away if you are going to be contenders or a pretender !  The Union game is always one of the best and one if not THE most exciting games every year,  and then it's a toss up for me between Abingdon and Bluefield.  I have tremendous respect for the Beaver program for what they have done over the years so a win against them is always big.  Abingdon is not one of the games I am normally looking at as one I don't want to miss,  but this year will be different because of the way they have improved to what we thought they could possibly be with the right coach,  and oh yea,  there is what happened last year so a little pay back with a win this year would be nice.

I am also looking forward to the first scrimmage game just so I can get my first good look at the Blues this year !     Can't wait for the season to start !

Graham vs. Bluefield (Haven't missed this one for 41 straight years.)

Graham vs. Giles (Hoping to see a competive Graham team against an always quality opponent)

Richlands vs. Tazewell (Always a great atmosphere for a high school game.)

I am looking forward to the scrimmages too, I'm going to go to as many as I can this season.  Football can't start soon enough!!

Ridgeview vs Jenkins - It wont be much of a game but it will be the 1st in the programs history.

Ridgeview vs Union - Clintwood had a nice rivalry(and some really good games) with Union so the rivalry is already there to an extent.

Ridgeview vs Gate City - Clintwood and Haysi have both got whooped on by GC in the past. Now things are a little more even. Im excited to see how Ridgeview stacks up against the best

Virginia High at Tennessee High...probably the only game I will get to see in person this year.

I'll be lucky to see any regular season games. I may get to go to one. And then who knows about the playoffs.

Giles at Glenvar should be great. The game is actually on Saturday October 10th at 6PM since VT plays at home that Friday night. Also Radford's first two games at George Wythe and vs Galax is big for 1A West as well

Where did you hear the Giles at Glenvar game is on Saturday October 10th at 6:00PM? Cause this is the first i've heard about this....it makes sense but I usually hear about anything like this but haven't so far....not saying you are wrong though

For me it will be RHS, Gate City and Christiansburg.  Here's hoping AHS can turn the tables on RHS and win 11 straight.  Gate City...AT Gate City....are you kidding me?  Who doesn't want to go there and win? Hoping to not hear that freaking siren 1 time....lol.  And Christiansburg because of my complete unfamiliarity with them.

For me it will be RHS, Gate City and Christiansburg. Here's hoping AHS can turn the tables on RHS and win 11 straight. Gate City...AT Gate City....are you kidding me? Who doesn't want to go there and win? Hoping to not hear that freaking siren 1 time....lol. And Christiansburg because of my complete unfamiliarity with them.

You'll hear the siren at LEAST once before the game even starts lol.

1. Honaker vs Ridgeview hopefully the 2 schools can start something that resembles a rivalry. And becomes half as good as the Honaker Haysi rivalry.

2. Honaker vs GW

3. Richlands vs Abingdon depending on who Honaker plays I'll probably watch this one.

As a lifelong VHS and RHS fan, I went with 3 of each:

VHS @ John Battle: looking to get our first win on Battle Hill since 2009. That was a sentence I thought I would never have to type

VHS @ Abingdon: hoping RaQuan Jordan can run all over his former team

VHS vs Lebanon: the Bearcats beat the Pioneers 5 times on the diamond this past spring, including the state title game; now on the gridiron, this game will likely have playoff implications; and wouldn't it be great if they chose this night to give out the state championship rings haha

Richlands vs Gate City: possibly the best rivalry in the area in terms of talent, last year's playoff game was a classic and GC is going to be looking for revenge

Richlands @ Union: as the BHC penned it, can you think of a single rivarly that has produced so many exciting games in the past few years?

Richlands vs Abingdon: everyone has a sore spot for Abingdon, and the Blues will be especially hype for this one after losing the SWD title to them last year

Two Games I'm Not Looking Forward To:

Virginia High vs Tennessee High: yes there's' the paagentry, the history, the tradition, which is all fun; but when Friday night comes, it's usually the same song and dance; still wouldn't miss it for the world though

Virginia High @ Richlands: I hate this one; my dad has been taking me to Blues games since I was an infant, and Virginia High is my alma mater; yes I love both teams, yes I passionately cheer for both teams; no I do not enjoy taking sides between the two of them

For the team I support:

Union vs. Richlands: The first meeting between the two was nothing short of electric. Richlands was the heavy favorite. Richlands won on a late field goal. The next season was a tight one as well. In 2013, with about 5 minutes to go, Union was down 21-14. I believe they turned it over on downs and that Union would come up short. Then they got the ball back. Ended up scoring and tying the game. Richlands then passes when they could have run out the clock forcing an overtime. Fatal mistake that led to  pick 6 winning it for Union. Last season, the game got ugly quick with Richlands looking as if they would get revenge for that final play. Union comes from behind 28-7 and scores 22 unanswered points for the win.

Union vs. Ridgeview: Simply put, this will be exciting. It doesn't matter how well the Wolfpack is doing--I imagine they will be playing very well. As a new, consolidated school, all eyes will be on them. Union had a good rivalry with Clintwood. I imagine the coming together of Clintwood and Haysi will make the games a regular barnburner.

Union vs. Gate City: Big rivalry. Nothing short of electric. Who isn't excited leading to a game against Gate City?

Union vs. Ridgeview: Simply put, this will be exciting. It doesn't matter how well the Wolfpack is doing--I imagine they will be playing very well. As a new, consolidated school, all eyes will be on them. Union had a good rivalry with Clintwood. I imagine the coming together of Clintwood and Haysi will make the games a regular barnburner.

Just to add on to this and my earlier post, theres some bitter feelings toward PV from Haysi so it really is a ready made rivalry. Idk if Union will see it that way but I know Ridgeview will