Union 2015 Team

Unionguy_2017

Sorry I missed the question the other day.. I didn't pick up on who was playing corner, I've heard that Spears may be playing both ways and I believe he played some corner last year.... The day I was there was mainly a "middle drill" with dline and LB's.

I did make it to media day today and like the way we looked! Those new blue jersey's are sweet!!!

Kickoff for Thursday, August 27 Union @ JI Burton will be at 7:00 NOT 7:30 as indicated on the previous football schedule.

The Bears football team will scrimmage at TN High's Stone Castle on Friday, August 14 starting at 6:00.

great state

This is a "wow" pic... Union has some big receivers

Union vs Tennessee High Football Scrimmage

55ce7201249b8.image.jpg?resize=608%2C760

DAVID CRIGGER/BHC

Union vs Tennessee High Scrimmage

Union's #7 Jay Gavin leaps over THS defender Jaden Rosenboro to catch a touchdown pass.

It appears that Union will use the spread offensive often this season. When they line up in the spread, the dimensions of their receiving corps will be very impressive. Barnett 6'4" 240, Mitchell 6'4" 210, Gavin 6'5" 185, & Noaks 6'1" 190 are the likely targets but IMO the bench includes at least a couple more very good WRs; Fannon & Collier.

55ce7201249b8.image.jpg?resize=608%2C760

DAVID CRIGGER/BHC

Union vs Tennessee High Scrimmage

Union's #7 Jay Gavin leaps over THS defender Jaden Rosenboro to catch a touchdown pass.

That is Randy Moss-like...

00-intro-Randy-Moss-Marshall-05581389.jp

I dread seeing GCs secondary match up against them....too many mismatches. Can only hope for 1 of 2 things: our D line plays great and the QB has heels to Jesus all night long so he doesn't get to see those giraffes running down the field. OR we let Collier and McClung play the rover position in a dual safety set and hope they make some plays on the ball. Could be ugly for GCs undersized secondary. You don't see teams with that size at WR in high school. Heck for that matter you don't see that size in the NFL....maybe one player on the whole roster that tall at WR. This Union bunch has a chance to be very special no doubt.

Ridgeview has a couple of OLBs that are 6'3" and 6'4"(both are also WRs), other than that the Wolfpack has no height to speak of. Not sure how the Pack D will try to match up with those two WRs.

Wait, are we in SWVA and talking about possibly prolific passing attacks??? 

Ridgeview has a couple of OLBs that are 6'3" and 6'4"(both are also WRs), other than that Ridgeview has no height to speak of. Not sure how the Pack D will try to match up with those two WRs.

Wait, are we in SWVA and talking about possibly prolific passing attacks??? 

Seem to be several of those around here. Richlands. Union. Abingdon. Hard to tell with Ridgeview, but the Haysi players are still there. Some say GC may be a more passing oriented team this year as well. 

Can't forget about Union's other two wideouts. Barnette is a solid 6'4" and a big athletic kid, more of a TE but lines up at WR also. And Noaks who is probably the best athlete on the field at any given time for the Bears. 4 targets are going to be hard for any team around to cover! 3 really good RB's will keep teams honest too.. Gonna be interesting to watch!

Thats incredible height! AND they are real players.

Ridgeview has some others that will contribute but they arent big WRs. I think Ridgeview will be balanced(60/40 run/pass).

Could some teams from SWVA beat the rest of the state at their own game?

The thing about this Union team is that when teams do take away the pass (which maybe only richlands can do) we can run well. The key to this years team is the defense. This is the best D we have had, holding Tn High to 7 Varisty points is no small feat!

The thing about this Union team is that when teams do take away the pass (which maybe only richlands can do) we can run well. The key to this years team is the defense. This is the best D we have had, holding Tn High to 7 Varisty points is no small feat!

I think the best gameplan is to rush the passer and dont give him time to get down field!

I agree bring the house and jam them at the LOS you will give up a big play somewhere down the line but the weak point on the Union O seems to be an untested QB see if some big hits can get him throwing some of those balls up for grabs

The QB in the video that played in the TN High scrimmage won't be the starting QB. #16 is a freshman and has a ton of potential but if definitely not ready to be the starter IMO. The starting QB was suspended for the scrimmage for a bone-headed decision on his part, but definitely has the arm and legs to be a great QB. Many around think he should have been our starter for the last 2 seasons. It was good to see #16 get the time and he definitely opened some eyes, but he does need another good year as a backup and JV QB and he will be ready to go.

They definitely look good. Remember Union had a shot at beating Glenvar last year if only a couple of things went there way it might have been very different in Salem. Then returning is a lot of those young men.......Union may very well be the team to beat if the defense can do its part.

Like I have said many times this year........It will be an electric atmosphere and no doubt a huge crowd when Richlands goes to Union. Probably another classic

They definitely look good. Remember Union had a shot at beating Glenvar last year if only a couple of things went there way it might have been very different in Salem. Then returning is a lot of those young men.......Union may very well be the team to beat if the defense can do its part.

Like I have said many times this year........It will be an electric atmosphere and no doubt a huge crowd when Richlands goes to Union. Probably another classic

8 turnovers doomed them. Take it for what it's worth, but I was told by several kids that some of the basketball players on the team were ready for basketball season to start....

As for the Richlands game this year....I think I already need a tranquilizer for that one!