How much possible next level talent on your team

HM3-8404

I think Richlands is loaded with "possible" next level players. Lowe, Mance, The kid from west virginia, may all be D1 level. Asbury Blankenship, and the kid from florida are next level maybe not D1. We may have 2 or 3 more players to make it to the next level. This is a best case guess because kids are always doing stupid things like not wanting to leave a girlfriend. Richlands fans let me know if you think i'm close.

6- min

9- max

I think Richlands is loaded with "possible" next level players. Lowe, Mance, The kid from west virginia, may all be D1 level. Asbury Blankenship, and the kid from florida are next level maybe not D1. We may have 2 or 3 more players to make it to the next level. This is a best case guess because kids are always doing stupid things like not wanting to leave a girlfriend. Richlands fans let me know if you think i'm close.

6- min

9- max

Any level of the next level or just D1 level?

If you are talking "next level" as in Bluefield College or Emory and Henry, then I'd say they may have 5 or 6.. If you are talking about D-1, that is pretty rare in these part and if they have 1 or 2, that would be amazing.

That's why I asked, they have a lot that can play D3 or NAIA along with the the other 2 schools in the County, now For D1 that's a different animal, IMO there are no D1 players in Tazewell Co.

Waldron is going to be a beast running the ball for Richlands. He's built like a Wicks and runs like a Ringstaff. He will play at the next level for sure.

Waldron is a beast for sure but he will be the back up. Nick will be the primary back and Waldron will back him up. Something like two series Nick and one Waldron.

Waldron will be very good on both sides of the ball. I will say though......Waldron might end up being the featured back but right now going into two a days on Thursday its like I mentioned.......and I'm pretty sure Waldron likes it that way

Waldron is a beast for sure but he will be the back up. Nick will be the primary back and Waldron will back him up. Something like two series Nick and one Waldron

Waldron will be very good on both sides of the ball. I will say though......Waldron might end up being the featured back but right now going into two a days on Thursday its like I mentioned.......and I'm pretty sure Waldron likes it that way

I believe Waldron will end up the starter before it's all said and done, IMO he's a more physical runner and better speed and catches the ball better out if the backfield at worst they will split time on offense which will be great because both will play big parts on the D

What really pisses me off is there is D1 talent in this area from time to time but they just get over looked and that's unfortunate imo! It all boils down to location location location!!

I have yet to see legit D1 talent get overlooked. The last D1 player from this area was the kid from Richlands(Help me R guys, he played WR/QB/RB his senior season. Led a come from behind win at PV in maybe 05?).

Who has been overlooked?

I have yet to see legit D1 talent get overlooked. The last D1 player from this area was the kid from Richlands(Help me R guys, he played WR/QB/RB his senior season. Led a come from behind win at PV in maybe 05?).

Who has been overlooked?

There have been 2 more D-I players from Richlands since Cain Ringstaff, one of whom is on the Walker Award watch list this very season...

Who has been overlooked?

You're thinking Austin Fuller who went to VT and then transferred to SMU. Devon Johnson is D1 as well. And he may be the best RB in the country right now.

Ft. Chiswell had a lineman go to UT a few years back. Peoples from Galax is a FB at VT. Frye went to UVA.

Thanks Ryan, ive referenced Fuller several times but I can never remember his name.

I just dont see legit DI talent being overlooked. I see DII guys not getting a shot at DI but thats not the same thing. I just dont see that many DI players coming from SWVA.

Looking back through the years the talent that has come through Richlands is incredible.

Caleb had the biggest heart I have ever seen !  If he had would have had just a little more size, in my opinion,  there would have been several D1 schools after him !  As it was he had a fantastic career at Emory.   

I feel like Caleb was 5-7 years too early. If you look at the college and pro offenses now, a "scat" back like Jennings would have been is a huge threat. Darren Sproles is the model for that position. And I think Caleb could have been a player like that. He was truly special and had the heart of a lion.

Matt mcglothlin played at UT, from richlands also, Justin McCracken went to Liberty...I'd say 10-15 years ago it was alot tougher to make it to the D1 level around this area for the simple reason, technologies just wasn't as advanced, one guy that comes to mind that I thought could've went D1 from richlands is Jeff smeltzer, DE/TE class of 98...had the size and skills and was all state.