How much possible next level talent on your team

HM3-8404

You are thinking of Josh Smeltzer I am fairly certain. He was a good player but his grades were never going to get him close to getting through the clearing house for a D-1 school.

Does anyone remember Travis Tatum for Richlands? I think BHC named him the most intimidating player in swva that year. He was about 5'9" 160 lbs. He would stroke WR's coming across the middle. In a Carroll Co. game it looked like he killed a guy. He played like he was 6'6" 270lbs. About that time is when the attitude of the Richlands program changed for the better around 2001-2003.  

I heard someone tell a story once second hand from coach Mance. It goes something like this. They were playing an away game around 1997-1999 and after a losing effort for RHS, the other coach said your guys played good you should be proud but I have to tell you we will drop you before long. The coaching staff was watching your ball boys/ towel boys before the game and at half time and were amazed, it was like watching a circus performance. Those kids on the field that day ended up playing in 3-state championship games as it was Austin Fuller and that age group. I thought some of you guys would enjoy this story.