2015 SWVASports.com Preseason Fan Poll

GMan

Here is the first ever SWVASports.com Preseason Fan Poll as voted on by you the Fan!!!

Place-Team-(First Place votes)-Total Points

1- Richlands (14) 167 

2- Union 126

3- Abingdon (1) 118

4- Giles 102

5- Pulaski Co. (1) 93

6- Gate City 87

7- Radford 62

8- Honaker 55
9- Galax 37

10- Ridgeview 34

Others receiving votes:  George Wythe 30, Lee 11, Graham 10, J.I. Burton 3

You never know Canes......you all might surprise some people and I hope you all do.

You guys should destroy the Falcons!!!!!!!!!!!!!.......lol

Maybe that can get something started. I hate to admit it........but I kinda wish falcongirl and southy would make an appearance. Does that make me crazy? I almost feel like I need a shower for even thinking that much less saying it.....

You never know Canes......you all might surprise some people and I hope you all do.

You guys should destroy the Falcons!!!!!!!!!!!!!.......lol

Maybe that can get something started. I hate to admit it........but I kinda wish falcongirl and southy would make an appearance. Does that make me crazy? I almost feel like I need a shower for even thinking that much less saying it.....

I hope we do but no matter hurricane and myself will be there watching them no matter if we go 2-8 or 8-2

Pretty good list!! I'll pitch in some thoughts on my Union Bears.. This year's QB will be really good, maybe better than last year. WR group has three kids that are 6'4"+ and can really go get it. Biggest question mark will be filling a couple of O Line and D Line spots where we lost some really good ballplayers to graduation, but there some young blood that looks promising. Good luck to everyone's teams!! Should be a great season in SWVA!

I'm not as up on the Falcons as I have been in the past.  What I do know is that they have a stellar QB and a pretty good WR corp.  QB is going to be fun to watch.  Yes, they lost the RB Jordan but they have some other kids that are pretty good workhorse types with some decent speed.  Defense will be tough.  I don't think they lost a starter on the DL from last year. DB's are pretty good too.  They lost a CB and a tough MLB but the D will be an integral part of this years success. You might be saying "isn't the D an integral part of a teams success every year?".....and you would be right.  But, please remember who AHS had as a HC for the previous years before Reed got here last year.  Speaking of Reed...amazing how nobody spoke up about what a stellar job he did last year, especially after all the flack he took when he got hired.  lol.  Granted, his years prior to coming here weren't spectacular....but that just cements what I and many other folks had been saying for the previous 4 years...the talent is there but coaching sucked.

Its tough to rank the schools in this area because of the disparity in size/conference/district etc. I have zero problem with RHS being #1...but when/if AHS beats them then the story becomes "but, yeah, AHS is bigger..they SHOULD win...so you get no points for that".....I'm not taking away from RHS at all..I'm truly not. God knows they have been the winningest school around here for a few years and from what I read from you guys in the know, they seem to look good this year as well.  But, RHS gains ALOT more for beating AHS then AHS gains from beating RHS.

Anyway, best of luck to ALL teams this year!  Wishing all players good health and all travelers a safe journey!

I'm not as up on the Falcons as I have been in the past.  What I do know is that they have a stellar QB and a pretty good WR corp.  QB is going to be fun to watch.  Yes, they lost the RB Jordan but they have some other kids that are pretty good workhorse types with some decent speed.  Defense will be tough.  I don't think they lost a starter on the DL from last year. DB's are pretty good too.  They lost a CB and a tough MLB but the D will be an integral part of this years success. You might be saying "isn't the D an integral part of a teams success every year?".....and you would be right.  But, please remember who AHS had as a HC for the previous years before Reed got here last year.  Speaking of Reed...amazing how nobody spoke up about what a stellar job he did last year, especially after all the flack he took when he got hired.  lol.  Granted, his years prior to coming here weren't spectacular....but that just cements what I and many other folks had been saying for the previous 4 years...the talent is there but coaching sucked.

Its tough to rank the schools in this area because of the disparity in size/conference/district etc. I have zero problem with RHS being #1...but when/if AHS beats them then the story becomes "but, yeah, AHS is bigger..they SHOULD win...so you get no points for that".....I'm not taking away from RHS at all..I'm truly not. God knows they have been the winningest school around here for a few years and from what I read from you guys in the know, they seem to look good this year as well.  But, RHS gains ALOT more for beating AHS then AHS gains from beating RHS.

Anyway, best of luck to ALL teams this year!  Wishing all players good health and all travelers a safe journey!

I agree with most of what you have said Big O except that I think the QB is "good" but the WR corp is quite possibly the best and deepest group i have seen in SW Virginia in quite some time. The Tremendous O line losses will hurt, but if they can fill those big shoes the Falcons could be dominant.

That's because you haven't seen us yet ;) 8 deep at WR and 6 of them could start at 90% of the schools around here.

I have seen both teams WRs at 7 on 7 this summer, both are very talented, I look for both teams to have big year though the air this season

I have seen both teams WRs at 7 on 7 this summer, both are very talented, I look for both teams to have big year though the air this season

However, one thing you may be overlooking...its hard for a QB to throw when he's on his back, got to have a line to go along with the skill positions.  Richlands has that covered, not so sure about Abingdon...

However, one thing you may be overlooking...its hard for a QB to throw when he's on his back, got to have a line to go along with the skill positions.  Richlands has that covered, not so sure about Abingdon...

I don`t know what they have returning this year but they had it covered pretty good last year.

Mance, Anderson, and Holmes all started on the line last year and Alley rotated in late in the season. So technically we return 4 on the line that have starting experience. We only need to find a center.