2015 SWVASports.com Preseason Fan Poll

GMan

Yep I think medley will be a good one for you guys, thanks for letting me debate the line with you guys.

I actually hope the big blue wins it all, im not a Richlands hater, I will probably take in 70% of their games this season

I personally think Abingdon is ranked a little high from what I have seen early on. I agree the skill positions will be a strength of the team. The QB is talented and depth at WR is a bonus. The O line is going to be shaky from what I've heard, but if they progress as the season goes we will be fine. It always hurts to lose an entire starting line. I feel more confident about this team than I did a few months ago.

I personally think Abingdon is ranked a little high from what I have seen early on. I agree the skill positions will be a strength of the team. The QB is talented and depth at WR is a bonus. The O line is going to be shaky from what I've heard, but if they progress as the season goes we will be fine. It always hurts to lose an entire starting line. I feel more confident about this team than I did a few months ago.

A logical Atown poster???  j/k

AHS didn't lose an entire starting O line....they lost 4 of 5....lol.  I only say the O line is questionable because I haven't seen them....none of us have.  They could be great and they could be terrible. 

That's because you haven't seen us yet ;) 8 deep at WR and 6 of them could start at 90% of the schools around here.

Actually I have, several times. You guys should have a better O line and possibly a better QB, but the Falcons are stronger at WR.

I simply said that the weakness of the team is going to be the O-line. If they work well together and hold up, we can be solid. I am just glad to see people are talking about Abingdon.

I simply said that the weakness of the team is going to be the O-line. If they work well together and hold up, we can be solid. I am just glad to see people are talking about Abingdon.

You have Coach Colobro in your corner do they will be ready.

When I saw Abingdon at the Concord 7 on 7 they physically looked well put together reminded me of his old gate city teams, you guys are in good hands

I know it may be hard to believe from a Richlands fan,  but I am glad to see Abingdon having the success they had last year  ( except for the win against us of course )  and hope to have this year.  As the area's biggest school,  I think it might help a little with the perception of SWVA football and also help the competition level with the schools they play.  I hope they get to where they make deep runs in the playoffs regularly.

But I would bet there may be at least a couple of your rivals on here who might disagree with what I just said......lol

I do think our receivers are going to be one of our strengths,  I think that our potential runing game will aid in just how good they can be.  With the O line and the 2 RB's we will have,   teams should respect our ability to run the ball,  ( which Richlands almost always does well )   which should make it tough to double any of our receivers.

But ( as it is most of the time )  it will probably come down to how well the Line and QB plays.  I don't worry very much about the line,  and I think our QB  has plenty of ability and skill................he just needs some experience.

Sorry if I just rehashed what others have said,  but I have been extremely busy and have not had much of a chance to post lately. I was starting to go into " non-posting DT's )  so I had to type something,,,,lol

I know it may be hard to believe from a Richlands fan,  but I am glad to see Abingdon having the success they had last year  ( except for the win against us of course )  and hope to have this year.  As the area's biggest school,  I think it might help a little with the perception of SWVA football and also help the competition level with the schools they play.  I hope they get to where they make deep runs in the playoffs regularly.

But I would bet there may be at least a couple of your rivals on here who might disagree with what I just said......lol

I am glad to hear a Richlands fan giving us support, we need all we can get...I would like to think we could help the perception of SWVA football, but unfortunately SWVA is viewed as small coalfield schools outside of the area. Making a deep run in the playoffs will be a daunting task in 3A, don't even get me started on classification. 

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, its too late to vote on the preseason Top 10.

However...

Don't miss out on your opportunity to vote again after this weekend's games.  I'll have a post to list you Top 10, then on Thursday, I'll post the Week 1 Top 10 based on everyone's lists.

Is Asbury the QB from last year or is this his first season

This is his first season as starter.

However, he played the first half @ Gate City when River was suspended for 2 quarters.

Yes, its too late to vote on the preseason Top 10.

However...

Don't miss out on your opportunity to vote again after this weekend's games.  I'll have a post to list you Top 10, then on Thursday, I'll post the Week 1 Top 10 based on everyone's lists.

Okay gotcha