VAPreps had decided to segregate its boards based on "area code"...

GMan

Thanks to yall i'm starving!! Theres not enough food in Hiltons to even slow me down. If i leave extra early to eat at the bearded moose when we play in a couple weeks it better be worth it! I've never heard of the place

not a very big dining room and it's normally crowded most days. I assume it'll be packed on game days so you might want to leave GC at noon lol

Haha unfortunately I won't be able to do that due to work. So it's like a mom and pop type restaurant? I may try my luck after I get off work

Yeah. Richlands graduate is the owner and cook. I get the BBQ Bacon Cheesburger and "Holy Cheezus" it.

That's a large patty, bacon, and a healthy helping of BBQ pulled pork, and instead of buns, they put TWO grilled cheese sandwiches in their place. It's a mammoth of a burger.

Yeah. Richlands graduate is the owner and cook. I get the BBQ Bacon Cheesburger and "Holy Cheezus" it.

That's a large patty, bacon, and a healthy helping of BBQ pulled pork, and instead of buns, they put TWO grilled cheese sandwiches in their place. It's a mammoth of a burger.

I'll go ahead and make an appointment for a stint!! Lol. Holy crap batman!!

Pretty sure he graduated from Honaker but yeah the food is awesome!

Pretty sure he graduated from Honaker but yeah the food is awesome!

My buddy went to high school with him at Richlands. Did he transfer one way or the other at some point??

I know he has Richlands R's all over the back of his car......

We are aiming more towards partially-attempting to be semi-serious.

Rod, you owe me. The SWVA lynch mob had the noose on your neck and both feet on the bucket. My mother taught me a long time ago that if you want to diffuse a high stress situation in SW Va. just mention food or the lack of it .....will distract this crowd every time.

I was once a regular poster on VaPreps but I finally ditched it for 2 reasons.

First of all there is a small group of know it all posters from Fredricksburg that won't stand for anyone to say anything positive about a team or player from west of Richmond.

I believe they somehow feel superior to us dummies west of Richmond.

Problem #2 was when they switched to the 1A, 2A, 3A..... boards. That format killed the 3A board. There were no longer any posters with anything in common on the 3A board.

I made the suggestion that they should go to 1A-2A West, 1A-2A East, 3A-4A West...... but clearly they missed the mark.

I feel like the latest format forces the readers to click on several boards to find info.....No longer can your relevant info be found in one spot.

I quit being a poster a while ago but will likely quit being a reader with the new format.

I like this board much better. I find you guys to be much more fun.       

The guy who owns the Bearded Moose played in the band for Honaker. I work with his mother and went to watch him play when he was in high school. His family are good folks. The food is great, wonderful burgers and ribbon fries. Cuz's is great if you don't mind spending some money. Also the guy who owns the Beard Moose his name is Hunter opened up an excellent pizza place the best in town called the Slice of Life. Find it on facebook.

I feel like Rod is trying, but everyday I visit VaPreps and I just don't see anything west of Roanoke on the board maybe some stuff in the forum, mostly Gman defending our honor " which by the way thanks Gman". He even defends Richlands! I joined Vapreps once a few years ago because they had a story on Richlands only to find out it was a reprint from BDT I think or maybe BHC, but it was a total waste of money.The fact that Rod is on this site gives me hope, if you look at the numbers on Vapreps SWVA has great numbers you would think they would see that and throw us some bones only the Valley by just a hair and Tidewater has more. I've worked in Tidewater,Nova and the Richmond areas us hill folks are way more into high school football than they are out east.

A slice of life is located down in the little center where the  Food City gas pumps are and the Doran Post office is located.

My wife knows and went to school with Hunters mom.  They are from Honaker, 

Great food and he sure makes RailRoad Avenue smell good when he has that smoker going !

Has anybody on here tried his new Pizza place yet ?..........I haven't had a chance.

Rod, you owe me. The SWVA lynch mob had the noose on your neck and both feet on the bucket. My mother taught me a long time ago that if you want to diffuse a high stress situation in SW Va. just mention food or the lack of it .....will distract this crowd every time.

5ajbeWB.gif?noredirect

Such a haughty, unwarranted opinion of yourself. Some things never change.

This thread serves as an example of what is wrong with our political process.   Everybody wants to complain and few show any interest in actually finding common ground or having a civil discussion to resolve an issue.  I try to be optimistic, but it’s hard when the first reaction by most in regard to changes they do not like is to assail the intellect of the person making the changes.

I personally didn’t like the changes made on the Va. Preps forums…. but I also realize that I didn’t take the time to respond with an opinion when given the opportunity prior to the change.  We’re four pages into this thread and Rod is still being bashed.  I, unlike others (smile, G-man), find it commendable that he’s still responding in a positive way after the shellacking

he’s received from many on this site.  I just hope that he’ll stick around long enough to listen to ideas and opinions from this area and incorporate them into any additional changes on that site.   

Ok just now catching up on this thread and have to agree with most everything said.  Never heard of the bearded moose, somebody clue me in as to where it is.  Always looking for a new place to try some fine food.

And to the point Richlands has some of the best places to eat for sure.  Red Flower, King Kone, Giovanni's, Randy's (at least used to be) the places I used to frequent back in college...getting hungry thinking about it again...