GATE CITY @ RICHLANDS

thundercloud

I know you guys don't. You have an amazingly classy fan base, sans one complete idiot.

We all know Union is good. Apparently everyone buy him knows that's Richlands is good. I think the two teams will play twice this season. Wouldn't it be great to have a Union/Richlands state final?

Could you imagine how the atmosphere would be for that? We'd have to get there and Thursday afternoon to get our seats.

Possibly the dumbest thing I've ever heard. GC doesn't have athletes? What?!? They are always loaded with athletes there. Always. Maybe Union isn't and you feel the need to growl a little bit but geez. That was retarded.

I'm not as familiar with Richlands athletics as a whole, but I did see both Union and Richlands in football last year. Richlands is also riddled with talent and I can't imagine that doesn't also roll into other sports for them. From what I saw of both teams last year (both against GC), I think the Bears better stay in hibernation.

GameDayinMountainDistrict  is beginning to sound like his hero's are Falconman and Southbound !  At least it sounds like he went to their school on " how to post in a forum ".  Good luck with that !

Don't worry Unionguy_2017,  1 bad apple doesn't spoil the whole bunch.  Every Union fan I have interacted with has always been very respectful and friendly so he doesn't reflect badly on the Union fans.  We all have at least 1 those in our fan base !  

I hadn't heard,  is Waldron out for the season ?  And if he is,  J.White sure did look good the other night.  I know it was against the JV,  but you just can't teach the kind of moves he showed and the instincts he showed.  He's a soph right ?

GameDayinMountainDistrict  is beginning to sound like his hero's are Falconman and Southbound !  At least it sounds like he went to their school on " how to post in a forum ".  Good luck with that !

Don't worry Unionguy_2017,  1 bad apple doesn't spoil the whole bunch.  Every Union fan I have interacted with has always been very respectful and friendly so he doesn't reflect badly on the Union fans.  We all have at least 1 those in our fan base !  

I hadn't heard,  is Waldron out for the season ?  And if he is,  J.White sure did look good the other night.  I know it was against the JV,  but you just can't teach the kind of moves he showed and the instincts he showed.  He's a soph right ?

Doesn't look good. 

White is a sophomore and I'm sure he will see some time in the game to spell out Blankenship. I feel like the bigger issue with a Waldron injury is on defense. That forces Collins to play both ways now. 

If Richlands has that many starters returning and that many good transfers then IF they are THAT good they should beat GC by 40. From what I hear in the BSG GC has nothing in the tank. But like what I'm hearing from GC and what you are telling me about Richlands it is all useless babble.

The ONLY real team in SWVA with ATHLETES galore is UNION. Many of those same ATHLETES are playing in the ARBYS CLASSIC this winter in basketbakl. Richlands has how many playing basketball? Probably none. They were SUPPOSED to be GREAT in basketball also and we know how that went last year. How many true ATHLETES does GC have playing football? The MCClung kid you mentioned? Thats all i know. At UNION they are EVERYWHERE.

Richlands doesn't have nothing and I'm sure they will prove me right Friday.

UNION will lay waste to both Richlands & GC this year. You have been warned. Best of luck to both though and no injuries.

When the BEARS start growling the Tornado winds will stop blowing and the Devils will be cold as ice.

UNION BEARS - The FUTURE is NOW!

Just stating my opinion but I believe I know what I am talking about.

Just stop right there.

Union has a chance to beat both very good teams. They also run a risk of losing to both GC and Richlands. But right now, let's not get ahead of ourselves. Our Bears have Burton to focus on. 

Richlands returns a lot of players from that team that had us 28-7 in the 4th quarter and they were completely embarrassing us before we came back and won. Gate City has a few question marks right now but I am sure they will be very good. They embarrassed Union 38-8. I'd like revenge too but just take it one step at a time. 

Quit talking trash. 

Gameday is a work in progress. He or she is only four posts old and in need of attention.

I will choose to ignore those ignorant posts. I actually could care less what Gameday posts about us but better be careful what you say about the Blue Devils.......they are good in almost all sports. All you do with degrading others with rhetoric so empty is reveal your own deficiencies.

I'll say this and then out of respect for the wise Union fans will leave this a long.  No way do I  think Richlands is 40 points better than GC but the way your implying that is to say to compete with your team they would have to be.  So what your  saying is your team is 40 points better than GC.  Are you from Buckingham?

Can't help it.  It's great for a fan to see the inside working of their team and feel good about it, happy for all.  But those guys who talk about another team not knowing anything about them, just shows a lack of wisdom.  

I was so looking forward to watching Waldron this year, isn't he a junior?  White is going to be special.  Would love to see Atkinson get some touches out of the backfield haven't seen him get many touches this year but what he has was impressive.

Just heard from a friend and saw on Waldrons fathers Facebook that it's just a slight tear. He was fitted for a brace at VT today and has to go through rehab. But he will be able to return to offense at some point this season.

Wonderful news.

Just heard from a friend and saw on Waldrons fathers Facebook that it's just a slight tear. He was fitted for a brace at VT today and has to go through rehab. But he will be able to return to offense at some point this season.

Wonderful news.

Glad to hear. Hope he's healthy to play us

Wonderful news.

I just got home and was getting ready to post the same news Ryan,  it was good news for the young man.  I was afraid that he may lose his Sr year,  he is a good young man and a good ball player.  Glad to hear he will be back !

Glad to hear. Hope he's healthy to play us

I feel like the coaching staff will play it safe and try to save him until the playoff run. We did that with Ferris last year. He broke his collarbone and we eased him back in against Grundy and Lebanon to get him ready.

I agree with Ryan. Brandon and his family received great news today. So happy for him and his family that it was not a season ending torn ACL. Look for it to be around mid season if rehab goes well and knowing Brandon he will work his butt off to get back on the field.

I always hate to see any of the young men get hurt no matter what team they play for. Just glad this one is not as bad as we first thought.