GATE CITY @ RICHLANDS

thundercloud

Hahaha GC and Richlands haven't always had the luxury of being in Single A. How many titles has PV/Union reeled off in 2A? Sorry....i had to take a stab. :)

Wish I was there tonight. Like to meet some of you fellas and see the game in person. Unfortunately Domtar is calling my name for a graveyard shift. Good luck and safe travels to everyone....keep us updated. I'll listen to Lindsey Fischer on AM radio while i keep up with updates on here

Statement made for the Blues.

First string defense gave up 41 yards through the air and TWO yards rushing. Game ended with GC having 98 total yards on the night. GC had 4 first downs against the first string D. This is an impressive bunch.

Richlands with 200+ through the air and 150+ on the ground.

Asbury has 3 TDs and 1 INT. Touchdowns to Ball, Phillips, and Atkinson. The INT was a jump ball int. Blankenship had 99 yards and 2 TDs. Solid performance for the Blues. And Atkinson had a 61 yard pick six.

All in all, I think this is a 6-4, 7-3 type GC team that Richlands beat.

This sets up the game of the year...

That's awfully optimistic for GC... that would be over achieving for this team, which I hope they do. But I see closer to a 5-5 or 4-6 season. They just don't have the athletes this year like they've fielded in the past. If you shut down one or two players were pretty much done. The defense is about as weak as I've seen in a while too. We couldn't slow down Grayson County and we obviously couldn't slow down the Blues tonight. And in saying that, we've never really been a good pass defense but we've always been stout against the run. Doesn't look like the case this year. I just hope we can stay healthy and slowly put together a few pieces and grow better as a team by years end. Congrats to the Blues! I'd like to be able to make it to the Union and Richlands match up....should be a good one.

RiverRat24,  I am with Ryan.  I think this GC team may at least be a 6 & 4 team and maybe ( with a few good bounces ) 7 & 3,  but they are physical and have some talent.  They just ran into a buzzsaw tonight.  It's not your typical GC team,  but IMHO I think they have a chance to be a pretty good team.

Maybe I'm just blinded from the awful experience I was a part of last Friday at Grayson Co. I realize Richlands is head and shoulders above and beyond them this year talent wise....i just didn't see a ton of playmakers for us on offense and our run defense isn't great which is usually our bread and butter. Our pass D is dismal as always.....and if you haven't got the playmakers on offense to get into a score fest with teams that you can't stop on defense...then your pretty much screwed. Again I hope you boys are right....I'd like to see them pull together and make a good run with what they have this year. Maybe we will be able to see next week what they can still bring to the table. I don't see the Falcons being as physical....but I could be wrong there too. Time will tell

Abingdon might be a tough matchup for your guys this year with the way they can throw the ball,  but you never know.

I may be way off on you guys RiverRat, and maybe I just have too much respect for what you guys have always done,  but either way,  I do wish you guys good luck with the rest of your season.

Well I may just be used to what we've had in the past and it's hard for me to judge what we really have. But I did just receive word that Grizzle and Mack for GC are out for this coming week against the Falcons so the injury bug has already started. Not to mention Burke got hurt during the Grayson County game last week and will miss 3-4 weeks with a hip flexor. 3 starters already boogered up....not looking pretty for a team of 40 players.

But best of luck to yall too! Would really like to be at the game when you guys clash with Union. Should be one for the books.

Sorry gate city, I wish you guys the best, but 4-6 5-5 depends on Lee high game, you will not beat Abingdon, union, ridgeview, Bluefield and probably Lee high

But I Like a lot of your young players, some good looking athletes

Lee I think we can beat....but still will probably be a good game. Then again. ...Rasnic may run all over us. It's hard to tell. And if Abingdon doesn't double team McClung we can score on them....just don't think we can stop their passing so it could possibly be a score fest. Haven't really heard what the Falcons defense looks like. But I can relate with you..... 5-5 is looking very realistic at this point.

We've reloaded for years.....but at some point you just can't reload. This is a year where I think we rebuild...and it may take a couple years to get back to where we need to be to make it deep in the playoffs. Not too long ago I saw a GC team win only 3 games I think it was.....doesnt happen too much but it does happen to just about any program if they aren't loaded with feeder systems. Just facts. ...even though it doesn't make it any easier to swallow! Haha too much GC pride I suppose.

I just don't see it either.

Remaining games for GC that they will win:  John Battle

Games I just can't see them winning: Sullivan South, Bluefield, Union, Ridgeview, Abingdon, Lee High

Toss ups: WIse Central, Va High

Definitely have some young skill players though. Could be dangerous the next 2 years.

I just don't see it either.

Remaining games for GC that they will win: John Battle

Games I just can't see them winning: Sullivan South, Bluefield, Union, Ridgeview, Abingdon, Lee High

Toss ups: WIse Central, Va High

Definitely have some young skill players though. Could be dangerous the next 2 years.

As crazy as this sounds.....out of those teams you mentioned that you didn't see us beating I think we have the best shot against Sullivan South. They are probably the weakest out of those teams and are supposedly the worst South team that anyone has ever seen.

As crazy as this sounds.....out of those teams you mentioned that you didn't see us beating I think we have the best shot against Sullivan South. They are probably the weakest out of those teams and are supposedly the worst South team that anyone has ever seen.

I may have agreed with you until you mentioned all the injuries sustained tonight. Will any of those guys be back by the South game?

I was actually semi-impressed with Wise Central tonight. Very good looking team, but Eastside was REALLY bad.

Well Grizzle supposedly got a concussion tonight. So i guess him being back for South is pending....all depends on how his symptoms are. Terrance Mack I heard has something going on with his thigh or groin....not sure the extent of it but from what I heard he didn't really impress anyone tonight with the way he hit the hole anyhow. And Keener Burke (our best lineman) will be out for another 3-4 weeks due to the hip flexor he received at Grayson County last week. Might have all them back by the Union game.....but I don't really see that it will matter for that one anyhow. :O

I thought number 3 from GC had broke his ankle at first. He was just dragging it across the field when he went off at the end. But after he game he was putting a little pressure on it with help. Hope he's ok.