2015 Bluefield VS. Graham Game

BHS03

I have seen both teams. graham does not have an answer for Carlos Reed, they match up very Well otherwise. Reed will be the difference in my opinion. graham will need to win the turnover battle and put their fastest kid on Reed. Graham will also need to control possession and end each possession with a score. Reed made a very good Christiansburg team look silly. That same Christiansburg team destroyed a very good Amherst team this past weekend. Reed is the best football player in this area period. He will end up with huge numbers before this season is over if he stays healthy.

Bluefield has two very good offensive weapons in Reed and Collier running the ball, but not much of a passing game and their defense is very questionable

Grahams running game is poor and their passing attack is above avg and the defense is a work in progress

I will give Bluefield the edge in this one because of Reed and Collier and Coach Simons

Collier doesnt scare me as much as Reed. He is very talented none the less. Graham has the edge in the passing game and a ton of speed on defense. . . However nobody with the Football speed of Reed. Grahams' running game took a major step up with Cousin now in the lineup. He is more of a single and double hitter while Reed is stroking home runs.

If I had money to bet on this game I would put it on Bluefield, but my heart says Graham. I'm really not looking forward to Richlands going to Bluefield this season, I'm going to go ahead and call it the Refs will take over the game. Someone can go ahead and save this for latter proof. lol.

I think Bluefield this year is very similar to the 2003 G Men. Their success rides on Reed's success, much the way AB led the the GMen to the semi finals. The Beavs will be very dependant and on him being healthy, so I expect him to see periods of rest that will subdue his numbers. But, as said, he's still the cream of the crop in the area. Just hoping for a great game!

Nobody giving my G-Men a chance, I might be wrong but I see it being a good game and the VA side going home happy. Graham looked good against Glenvar/Gretna hopefully they carry that momentum with them Friday night.

Where the hell are all the Beaver and G-Men posters? Usually this post has 6 or 7 pages of post by now!

Graham is still down and I feel like Bluefield, outside of Reed, is a good-not-great team (from what I've heard). There's definitely been a lack of talk about the game for sure.

Collier doesnt scare me as much as Reed. He is very talented none the less. Graham has the edge in the passing game and a ton of speed on defense. . . However nobody with the Football speed of Reed. Grahams' running game took a major step up with Cousin now in the lineup. He is more of a single and double hitter while Reed is stroking home runs.

My friends from Graham said cousins was the real deal and in their opinion was the best football player on the field last night

Cousin has d 1 Potential. Very physical runner. carried and dragged folks. . Fought for yardage . . Good size and decent speed. Reed just has another hear. although graham kept him in check most of the night, He got a little bit of space a couple times and that was all he needed. nobody in this area has the football speed of Carlos Reed. Your friends assessment of Cousin was correct. All around best player out there. Most impressive was his intensity and how hard he fought for yardage. Those were two very good football teams on the field last night.

Cousin has d 1 Potential. Very physical runner. carried and dragged folks. . Fought for yardage . . Good size and decent speed. Reed just has another hear. although graham kept him in check most of the night, He got a little bit of space a couple times and that was all he needed. nobody in this area has the football speed of Carlos Reed. Your friends assessment of Cousin was correct. All around best player out there. Most impressive was his intensity and how hard he fought for yardage. Those were two very good football teams on the field last night.

Thanks, I enjoy reading your take on the G-men, you give very good input on them so the other readers can be better inform on your team.

You are truely the futbolking when it comes to Graham Football. Best of luck to your team the rest of the season.

Cousins definitely makes a difference on offense but the defense now evolves around #29(?). He was every where and lays the wood. Bluefield must regret letting him get away to the gmen.

It sounds like Palmer has done a fantastic job with the G-men !  Glad to see it.  They really improved since the Richlands Jamboree and that shows good coaching and dedication from the young men !

I was very impressed with Graham last night. They were the more physical team by far. Bluefield needs to find a way to be more physical as if they're going to have a chance to have a special season. Graham has zero to be ashamed of. They keep up that kind of grit and they'll have a great season! Go Graham and go coach Palmer!

Graham has zilch to be disappointed about. They held the fastest player in WV in check for most of the night, and held Bluefield to 28 points. Beats 76.

Graham will need to open it up more on offense to reach their full potential. Better defensive recognition by the coaches also.

But the thing is...those are correctable things. It's part of the learning curve, and after seeing just how far Graham has come, I have confidence that Palmer and the gang will get it done.

There's a reason to hope in Bluefield, VA again.

Lots of positives for the G-men to take away from this tough loss. They played hard with intensity and swagger. Please don't lose that. The defense played well against the fastest backs they will see and against a big experienced offensive line. They tackled very well. They got stung by some big plays, but I would say it was close to one to one on big plays verses stops in the backfield. The offense is definitely loaded with weapons and I think we will see this more and more as the team and staff move forward. I think there have been some great improvements year over year that individual players have made. And Cousin, dang! How did we not see this coming? Haven't seen anything like that at Graham in a long time, maybe ever, if you consider his swagger and performance. I'll be there next week, all y'all should be too!

Graham has gotta learn to pass the ball! Blue fields defense was weak. Breaking the run on them was easy its not going to be that easy against Richlands and other big teams. Gotta learn to put the ball in the air.

Rome wasn't built in a day...