2015 Week 1 Updates 8/27

Ryan4VT

Burton has the whole season ahead of them to get better. So does Union. I like Union's chances against Richlands. Richlands has as good a chance too.

There's no clear favorite. And that's what makes this so great. Richlands and Union are mirror images of each other on paper. Amazing receiving corps. Good RBs. Good QB. And nasty defenses. Neither team has a weakness.

I would favor Union's WR corp over anyone's in the region, but I believe Richlands is probably better on the offensive line and maybe QB.

Spears looks good at times, we will have to see how he performs against a real defense.

The problem trying to defend Union is that you have four legit WR threats that can beat you with the addition of Jake Barnett, #13, a big TE who is extremely athletic.

Gavin is the Moss-type, a long, athletic, speedy (but not super fast) kid who has the ability to go up and get the ball.

Noaks is the Antonio Brown type, slippery and elusive and able to turn small gains into huge plays. He is also tougher than he looks, that kid has some fight in him and will not go down easy.

Mitchell is the uber talented athlete, size, speed, good hands, and toughness. 

Barnett plays like Gronk (nowhere near as good, I AM NOT COMPARING  HIM TO GRONK lol), he is a great run blocker but he is also extremely athletic and a load to bring down.

Combine that with Spears' running ability and the RB stable in the backfield, the Union offense should put up serious points.

I still worry about the Union defense, especially the secondary, but Noaks, Spears, and Gavin all looked great last night but Richlands is likegoing from playing Jacksonville to playing Seattle.

There's no clear favorite. And that's what makes this so great. Richlands and Union are mirror images of each other on paper. Amazing receiving corps. Good RBs. Good QB. And nasty defenses. Neither team has a weakness.

Every team has a weakness man even if it's just a small thing 

Every team has a weakness man even if it's just a small thing 

I get that. But I'm talking about on paper, neither team has a glaring weakness that pops out for the other team to exploit.

I would favor Union's WR corp over anyone's in the region, but I believe Richlands is probably better on the offensive line and maybe QB.

Spears looks good at times, we will have to see how he performs against a real defense.

The problem trying to defend Union is that you have four legit WR threats that can beat you with the addition of Jake Barnett, #13, a big TE who is extremely athletic.

Gavin is the Moss-type, a long, athletic, speedy (but not super fast) kid who has the ability to go up and get the ball.

Noaks is the Antonio Brown type, slippery and elusive and able to turn small gains into huge plays. He is also tougher than he looks, that kid has some fight in him and will not go down easy.

Mitchell is the uber talented athlete, size, speed, good hands, and toughness. 

Barnett plays like Gronk (nowhere near as good, I AM NOT COMPARING  HIM TO GRONK lol), he is a great run blocker but he is also extremely athletic and a load to bring down.

Combine that with Spears' running ability and the RB stable in the backfield, the Union offense should put up serious points.

I still worry about the Union defense, especially the secondary, but Noaks, Spears, and Gavin all looked great last night but Richlands is likegoing from playing Jacksonville to playing Seattle.

I'm pretty sure that Gavin is the fastest guy on the team. He runs like a 4.5 40. He just looks slow because he's so tall and thin. He glides....

Mitchell is a lot faster than he looks too. He leaves people behind when he's in the open.

Like you said though, they ALL look good!