Richlands @Union

Duke2015

Yeah I know just excited

Hey,  it's all good.......I think we all are excited about this game.  Both of these teams are good enough that I think even the looser of this game still has a good shot at going deep into the playoffs and making a run for state.  

As someone stated before,  it would be great if these 2 could meet in the final game,  what a crowd and atmosphere that would be !  I don't even know if that is possible,  but it would be fantastic for our area if it could ! 

Yes it could happen, I think the fourth round of the playoffs the 2 teams left in the west plays the 2 left from the east and the winners go to state.

As long as one is in the #1 seed bracket and the other in the #2 seed bracket.

Clintwood played Galax and Honaker played George Wythe in 2011 and 2012 respectively. All west finals.

As long as one is in the #1 seed bracket and the other in the #2 seed bracket.

Clintwood played Galax and Honaker played George Wythe in 2011 and 2012 respectively. All west finals.

They don't have to be number 1 and 2 necessarily. They just have to bet the last two west teams standing and get seeds that don't match them up in earlier rounds. It's very possible.

Yall talking playoffs after week 1, cart before the horse don't ya think?

In the new format you literally have to be 3-7 to make the playoffs.

If you think Richlands and Union are going less than 3-7, then you need to get off the ganja. Lol.

They don't have to be number 1 and 2 necessarily. They just have to bet the last two west teams standing and get seeds that don't match them up in earlier rounds. It's very possible.

I didn't mean #1 and #2 necessarily, just in those separate brackets. If you notice the teams in the #1 bracket are 1,4,5,8,9,12,13,16. Teams in the #2 bracket are 2,3,6,7,10,11,14,15. No team in one group will play a team in the other group.

It is almost like they have playoffs within the playoffs. It is conceivable for the West #1 to play the West #15 for the state championship the way the brackets are setup.

I didn't mean #1 and #2 necessarily, just in those separate brackets. If you notice the teams in the #1 bracket are 1,4,5,8,9,12,13,16. Teams in the #2 bracket are 2,3,6,7,10,11,14,15. No team in one group will play a team in the other group.

It is almost like they have playoffs within the playoffs. It is conceivable for the West #1 to play the West #15 for the state championship the way the brackets are setup.

I see what your saying now. Gotcha. 👌ðŸ»

sounds like a great championship to me, only bad thing is we will have to drive 3  hours away to play it, I wish they had it some way if 2 teams from same side of state was in it they could play here or same thing for the east

In the new format you literally have to be 3-7 to make the playoffs.

If you think Richlands and Union are going less than 3-7, then you need to get off the ganja. Lol.

Yeah it must be the ganja! Is that what you kids call it these days?

Mance BHC Quote:

“Union is probably the best team right now in 2A and we’ve got to go down to their place,†Mance said. “It’s going to be a lot of fun.â€

Turner BHC Quote:

“It gets even bigger next week with Richlands,†Turner said. “Richlands is the real deal and probably the best team in 2A football right now.â€

Is Mance always right? I sure hope so!  :)

Turner quote,

“It gets even bigger next week with Richlands,†Turner said. “Richlands is the real deal and probably the best team in 2A football right now.â€

Coach Turner sounds like a very smart man..........very intelligent........lol.

They both think they're right, we wont know which actually is right until Friday, but man is it gonna be fun finding out which one. I have no idea who is the best 2A team out east, but they will have to be awfully good to beat either one of these teams. But it is still early and injuries could stay play a big part on how far either team is able to go.

Will, gotta go, going to take a motorcycle ride........

There are several real good teams in the West. No doubt Richlands And Union are two of them. Just too early for me to say who looks the best. Around mid season you will probably get a pretty good idea of the teams with the upper hand.

I hate to say this......but I would say Union should be the favorite going into Friday night. It being at Union I would give them a score advantage. Home field in big games should not be underestimated.

I see this possibly being about like GC and Richlands last year......I think Union will win the first match up. But for some reason I can see them playing twice and the Blues getting the best of them the 2nd time around. If they place twice Asbury should be well seasoned by then.

And no I don't really think Union is better....but it being at Union is huge. Spears and Asbury are both fresh so who knows. The game I think swings off of how these 2 play. If one of them gets hot then the run game should be wide open. However, I feel like Richlands line play is FAR superior. That may actually be the true deciding factor.

As yall can tell I'm struggling on who to go with here haha