Richlands @Union

Duke2015

That's pretty good man.

Did that happen to be you with two other Union guys standing on the bank in the grass on the Richlands side Friday Night. I started to come over there a couple of times but always got side tracked by the action on the field....lol

That's pretty good man.

Did that happen to be you with two other Union guys standing on the bank in the grass on the Richlands side Friday Night. I started to come over there a couple of times but always got side tracked by the action on the field....lol

That wasn't me but I was over there with them from time to time. I couldn't stay still, I was walking all over the stadium lol. One of the kids standing with those guys is our starting center.

That wasn't me but I was over there with them from time to time. I couldn't stay still, I was walking all over the stadium lol. One of the kids standing with those guys is our starting center.

OK. Look we have a ton of respect for you guys. Like Ryan and BigRHS has already said......Union fans have been nothing but great with us Richlands fans. The respect for your alls football program and fan base is fantastic. This series of games has just been hard to beat. So I'm glad we can debate the game on a firm but friendly basis. I mean we love our teams so this is great.

It will be nice to see who has the better team at this point in the season. The winner will have the early upper hand but the loser by no means is in serious trouble. Last year proved that for us. Can't wait

OK. Look we have a ton of respect for you guys. Like Ryan and BigRHS has already said......Union fans have been nothing but great with us Richlands fans. The respect for your alls football program and fan base is fantastic. This series of games has just been hard to beat. So I'm glad we can debate the game on a firm but friendly basis. I mean we love our teams so this is great.

It will be nice to see who has the better team at this point in the season. The winner will have the early upper hand but the loser by no means is in serious trouble. Last year proved that for us. Can't wait

I agree 100%. It's awesome being able to talk to you guys and just talk football without getting into a screaming match. The loser of this game may just have to settle for the #2 seed. Both teams will be better after this game and moving forward.. If we get a chance lets have a meet up Friday Night pregame.

This game, many folks on here are thinking it'll be a close, low scoring game, but I honestly believe that it won't be close. First off, it seemed like Union's kicking game is abysmal, didn't they miss every XP that they had taken last Thursday? I'm confident that our defensive line will get sacks and hurries all night. Does Union have the DB's to keep up with our receivers? Believe the passing game will be what wins the game for Richlands, spreading the ball around to Howie, Collins, Atkinson, and Lowe. Who knows what'll happen, but I have a feeling that Richlands will get the W in Bullitt. 34-17 If I'm wrong on this, I'll gladly eat crow.  

This game, many folks on here are thinking it'll be a close, low scoring game, but I honestly believe that it won't be close. First off, it seemed like Union's kicking game is abysmal, didn't they miss every XP that they had taken last Thursday? I'm confident that our defensive line will get sacks and hurries all night. Does Union have the DB's to keep up with our receivers? Believe the passing game will be what wins the game for Richlands, spreading the ball around to Howie, Collins, Atkinson, and Lowe. Who knows what'll happen, but I have a feeling that Richlands will get the W in Bullitt. 34-17 If I'm wrong on this, I'll gladly eat crow.

I think if either team wins by more than two scores it will be the Blues. I just don't know how good Unions D is. If it is just average the Blues will score 30 or more in my opinion. You could be right. The Union fans seem to think there D is the best they have had since consolidation so that's what I'm going on.

Its all speculation at this point anyways. It will take another game or two for any of us to be able to predict with confidence.

Its still nice to debate this way because of all the unknowns. History says a lower scoring game that comes down to the final minute.......we'll see.

In regards to the kickig, the problem was that we were trying out a new holder. Kicker is the same as last year. We corrected that through the Burton game

I think the question about the kicker has already been answered. In addition to that. The team warmed up at Union and then arrived at Burton not long before kickoff. I think that may have made a difference too.

Union does have the DBs to cover just about anyone. There is always an issue of a missed assignment or a DB slipping or something, but assuming perfect conditions, I don't think there will be an issue there. In fact, I don't think Union has ever been beaten by the pass.

I think every loss they have had has come from mistakes on their part or from a team with a strong running game. That's why there's been more excitement about the defense this year. It would seem they finally have the defense or players to stop the run.

Of course, they haven't faced a running team in their scrimmages or in their first game except for maybe Tennessee High. But that scrimmage was short lived due to weather.

And our QB is very comfortable running. I've still yet to see him throw any meaningful passes since he missed the scrimmages and didn't have to in the Burton game. I was told that he did very well during 7 on 7s, but I never got to see any.

I think the question about the kicker has already been answered. In addition to that. The team warmed up at Union and then arrived at Burton not long before kickoff. I think that may have made a difference too.

Union does have the DBs to cover just about anyone. There is always an issue of a missed assignment or a DB slipping or something, but assuming perfect conditions, I don't think there will be an issue there. In fact, I don't think Union has ever been beaten by the pass.

I think every loss they have had has come from mistakes on their part or from a team with a strong running game. That's why there's been more excitement about the defense this year. It would seem they finally have the defense or players to stop the run.

Of course, they haven't faced a running team in their scrimmages or in their first game except for maybe Tennessee High. But that scrimmage was short lived due to weather.

And our QB is very comfortable running. I've still yet to see him throw any meaningful passes since he missed the scrimmages and didn't have to in the Burton game. I was told that he did very well during 7 on 7s, but I never got to see any.

Agree 100%. I think our DB's and linebacker mitchell can line up and play ball with anyone.