Abingdon @ GC Predictions! Let's hear em'

RiverRat24

Well.....as much as I hate to I'm gonna have to go with the Falcons on my pick. I hope the Devils prove me wrong. I think this games is closer.....I'm fairly certain Abingdon doesn't have the defense that Richlands has and I can see this game possibly being a high scoring game. I think I'll say:

Abingdon - 35

Gate City- 32

I have to be honest. I have a few friends that are Falcon fans and really all I know about Abingdon this year is they were very good at 7 on 7s. I have no doubt Jake can and will orchestrate the offense and score some points. There defense is what I'm anxious to see.

After watching Gate City this weekend I feel like they are better than the score. Richlands is pretty good on defense and I feel like they are better than the Falcons D. I do think this will be a good game and will for sure give us a better feel of just how good the Falcons will be. If I'm not mistaken the game will be at Legion so that makes it closer also.

Abingdon-28

Gate City-20

Maybe i'm completely lost. No disrespect to Gate City but I didn't see much from them, even though it was against a great D. They had some trouble stopping the pass aswell and from what I hear Abingdon can really sling it. Falcons 45 Devils 20

both teams have high hopes on making the playoffs this year, Abingdon is coming off a win over rival John Battle while Gate City is coming off a setback, losing to Richlands in the Battle of the Blues, Abingdon has never beaten Gate City since 98, Abingdon gets the win and revenge on Gate City, winning by a touchdown

It appears to me that AHS defense is more speed dependent as opposed to size.  Offense with Sturgill is really really good....reads, passes and hurry ups...tough to handle. I'll say AHS 28-13.  I have to say that this prediction has a touch of emotion for revenge in it.  But nonetheless, I still think AHS wins. 

I was one of the ones who said that GC might better than what they showed against Richlands last week. I think it was several factors that made that game what it was, one being that the Blues are as good as most think, one being that GC is a little down and young this year and another being just a bad matchup with a good team and I think that may be what happens again this week.

Abingdon is good, and can throw the ball about as well as anybody and better than most and I don't think that pass defense is GC's strength.

But I don't think there will be as big a difference between the 2 teams as it was last week. Abingdon's D may or may not be very good, I have no idea, but ( and this is just my opinion ) they are not as good as the Richlands D was. GC's offense is not a juggernaut, but they do have some athletes and they will get better, so I don't think that abingdon will beat GC by as big a margin as they were last week.

I just think Abingdon is a bad matchup for them so I will say Abingdon 28 GC13.

But of course I have never been known to be very good at picking games and scores so I am probably way off.

From what I hear the Gate City defense may have a line but no secondary. If Abingdon uniform look like Oregon that's one thing. If they play like Oregon that's another. Gate City played one of the best in SWVa last Friday. This Friday on their home field they play another Southwest District team that I feel is greatly underrated. While the best game with the best two teams will be at our place at the BSG the third best team IMO is Abingdon. Gate City, by the looks of it has one of the toughest schedules in SWVa. With Sulliva n South, Bluefield, Union and Ridgeview up next after Abingdon and three of those are on the road. Being a Union guy its hard for me to believe I'm saying this but you heard it here. This is a down year for the Devils in football. I predict a 0-6 start. This is about the Falcons though and I say Falcons win in total annihilation of Legion Field and leave the Blue Devil faithful in total doubt for the year.

Prediction:

Abingdon 56

Gate City 14

Abingdon honestly didn't look as good as I hoped first game. Could have just been first game jitters. Same for Gate City. I'm still seeing Abingdon winning this one by at least two or three TDs. GC defense isn't going to be stopping Stergill and his WRs.

Abingdon-49

Gate City-28