Ridgeview @ Central

redtiger

Both teams beat up on lesser teams last week so this will be the first challenge for each team. 

Central is trying to become a contender in the Mountain, while Ridgeview is trying to establish its program.

Having seen both teams I think it will be a very good game, both teams want to run the ball but maintain some balance. I think Ridgeview has a big advantage on Defense and a better running game.

I will take The Wolfpack by 14

This one is going to be a dogfight. The Warriors will be fired up opening their new stadium, and ready to make a statement. I feel they'll have success moving the ball. The key for them will be finishing drives. This one is going to be extremely physical, and I think it'll be much closer than a 10-14 point spread you all are looking at. Ridge view missed a PAT and loses 21-20

I think this will become another one of these great SWVA football rivalries in the future.

This should be a good game and on any other week, it may have been the game to go to, but there is another game being played this week that maybe some on here have heard about, but this is still a very interesting game.

I'm going to pick Central in a close game only because I really don't know anything about Ridge and because Central has the home field advantage. If I were not going to the Bears / Tornado's game I would go see this one so I could get a look at both teams.

If RV can contain Centrals quick QB they win by 2 or 3 scores if not it will be a tough one. Central is big and strong up front and can play the run as well as anyone but is alittle soft vs the pass. RV will need to put the ball in the air to get points on the board.

I see this as sort of a test for both. 

Ridgeview wasn't tested last week. Jenkins is one of those teams that makes you look good. But sometimes you play who you can. Ridgeview is a new school wanting to establish their place. 

On the other hand, Central is improved and wants to show it. They will win a game or two where they are the underdog.

Ridgeview 28, Central 20

Is the Wolfpack using more of Clintwood's philosophy on offense with the I or more of Haysi's spread?

Its Clintwoods Offense, I-Form with a lot of Counter plays but there are touches of Haysis Offense. Some formations and matchups are pure Haysi. It really is what everyone always hoped it would be; Haysis athletes and matchup issues combined with Clintwoods bruising ground game.   

Its Clintwoods Offense, I-Form with a lot of Counter plays but there are touches of Haysis Offense. Some formations and matchups are pure Haysi. It really is what everyone always hoped it would be; Haysis athletes and matchup issues combined with Clintwoods bruising ground game.   

Scary concept for anyone game-planning against that!

Excited about attending this game. Does any Warrior fans have information on seating and parking for the new staduim? Just wondering how early I am needing to get there to get good parking and seating.

Excited about attending this game. Does any Warrior fans have information on seating and parking for the new staduim? Just wondering how early I am needing to get there to get good parking and seating.

Stadium is great. View from up there is outstanding. Seating is good. Parking???, unless they added more since I drove up there this summer, is abysmal. Of course, you can always park at Wal-Mart and walk up.

Stadium is great. View from up there is outstanding. Seating is good. Parking???, unless they added more since I drove up there this summer, is abysmal. Of course, you can always park at Wal-Mart and walk up.

Thanks, I actually thought about parking down at the shopping center but didn't know if that was overkill. By the way Wolfpack fans filled up thier staduim for opening night it might be a good bet to do so.

Excited about attending this game. Does any Warrior fans have information on seating and parking for the new stadium? Just wondering how early I am needing to get there to get good parking and seating.

I drove up there today just to check it out; REALLY NICE FIELD, good home seating, not much visitor seating. Parking was scarce. I will be getting there early.

For big games and teams with big followings seating/parking will be an issue.

I drove up there today just to check it out; REALLY NICE FIELD, good home seating, not much visitor seating. Parking was scarce. I will be getting there early.

For big games and teams with big followings seating/parking will be an issue.

So is that a warning for Richlands when we head up there in 3 weeks?

Unless you want to park a half mile away at the shopping center and walk up a hill I would suggest getting there early.

I won't be there regardless. So I don't have to worry haha.

Its an old equipment graveyard. Every piece of equipment you can imagine is up there... well from up on the hill all the way down to the road. The county wanted to buy that and build the access road there but the buyer wouldnt sell