Players gaining attention from the next level

sixcat

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.swvatoday.com/news/richlands_clinch_valley/article_59416854-f5b2-11e5-881a-a3708f18df93.html

On a side note... Graham has 2 that Virginia Tech is looking at.  A rising senior and a rising junior has sparked interest as well......along with several other D1 schools.  

When you can run a 4.4 forty, that will get you noticed, especially if you do it in front of their faces.  Both of these guys should have the ball in their hands as much as possible this upcoming season, they are both playmakers.

Several Richlands players signing this week.

Atkinson will sign with UVA-Wise.

Waldron will sign with Ferrum.

Addison will sign with Emory & Henry.

Mance will sign with UVA-W later next month, and Blankenship will sign with Emory.

If I wanted to get noticed by a big school, I think Graham would be my preferred choice for the next couple of seasons, couple of kids getting some looks by D 1 schools, may be a good way to get noticed.... just sayin.  

Plenty of eyes on the G-Men the next couple of seasons.

• 2 weeks later...

May have another talented kid coming to Graham with D-1 potential.  He's getting looks (not necessarily from the big boys)....but will get more attention at Graham, where some big time schools will be already be looking at 2 others at Graham.   Stay tuned, we will see how this develops.  Would be a good move for the young man. Impressive stats, plays hard and is aggressive, much like Cousin.  Runs a 4.5 forty and is a head hunter on defense.  

If graham keeps getting transfers we're going to have to rename them Richlands-East

Not set in stone yet, but would definitely be an asset.  Graham will have lots of talent at the skill positions, with or without any transfers....key will be line play.  Jury is still out on that.

May have another talented kid coming to Graham with D-1 potential.  He's getting looks (not necessarily from the big boys)....but will get more attention at Graham, where some big time schools will be already be looking at 2 others at Graham.   Stay tuned, we will see how this develops.  Would be a good move for the young man. Impressive stats, plays hard and is aggressive, much like Cousin.  Runs a 4.5 forty and is a head hunter on defense.

Don't think he has 4.5 speed, but yes, he's fast enough. Watched some of his film, he isn't afraid to lay the wood on anybody...I like what I see, could definitely help Graham this coming season.

Don't think he has 4.5 speed, but yes, he's fast enough. Watched some of his film, he isn't afraid to lay the wood on anybody...I like what I see, could definitely help Graham this coming season.

Saw 4.56 on some recruiting website....good enough.  I like the physicality, plays very much like Cousin.  Graham needs more players on defense who are not afraid to hit.  On the offensive side he averaged about 10 yards per carry. If he does come, he'll be a heck of an asset.  Still need a few more of those defensive players to play more like Vineyard and Cousin.

If the kid is a running back that your talking about that maybe coming to Graham may not be a good ideal.why would he want to split carries with the cousin kid...which is going to be a beast this year.send him in over to the other side of the county I here the Blues is still needing a rb to go along with probably the best passing offence Richland's has ever had.

If the kid is a running back that your talking about that maybe coming to Graham may not be a good ideal.why would he want to split carries with the cousin kid...which is going to be a beast this year.send him in over to the other side of the county I here the Blues is still needing a rb to go along with probably the best passing offence Richland's has ever had.

He and Cousin would be a heck of a 1-2 punch.   Could have two 1,000 yard rushers at Graham this season...Solid as a punt returner or receiver as well.  Graham needs somebody to step into the void left by Booker leaving to Richlands.

Like JGray said....Graham needs more kids that will get to the ball on defense, this guy will make a defensive impact.  Hopefully some of the others will step it up on defense as well, that will be the key.  Would love to see him in Graham colors.