Gate City @ Bluefield

Beavers Rule

Bluefield by 3 touchdowns. Gate City is very young and they play, imo, the hardest schedule in AA. That said, they won't have the speed to contain Reed. I think GC can score some. Just not enough to match what Reed will get.

Bluefield is a bit of a young team too and Reed isn't the only weapon.  I think Mookie Collier is the better overall player.  I believe he has better instincts & vision than Reed although he's not quite as fast as Reed.  Both are tremendous playmakers there's no doubt about that.  I would take either one of them on my team in a second!

If Gate City can be the stronger team on the LOS then they can force Bluefield into things they aren't comfortable doing and have a pretty good chance to beat Bluefield.

Bluefield has had trouble defending the run on defense at times as well.

I also expect a good game in this one. I think Gate City is getting better and Bluefield is just simply a handful for just about anybody on any given night in my opinion. I almost went with Gate City in this game in the pick em but picking against Bluefield at home is just something I couldn't do.

I think Gate City is better than their record shows. Just simply a BRUTAL schedule. I'm taking the Beavers in a close one

Bluefield-42

Gate City -35

I guess I'm the only one but I don't see how this game is close.  Bluefield is no worse than they were last year and I don't think GC is as good as they were last year...and the game was played at GC, we all know how that goes.  Bluefield has won the last three meetings by the scores 63-21, 61-7, 51-28...an average of 58-19 for those wondering.  People talk about Bluefield's speed but they've found a power running game in the last two weeks that is a great compliment to Reed and Collier...really hard to handle both inside and outside...

I'll be shocked if GC keeps it within 4 TDs...

I guess I'm the only one but I don't see how this game is close. Bluefield is no worse than they were last year and I don't think GC is as good as they were last year...and the game was played at GC, we all know how that goes. Bluefield has won the last three meetings by the scores 63-21, 61-7, 51-28...an average of 58-19 for those wondering. People talk about Bluefield's speed but they've found a power running game in the last two weeks that is a great compliment to Reed and Collier...really hard to handle both inside and outside...

My 3 TD prediction is very close to that of yours lol. We are apparently alone.

Does Bluefield have GC's number or what. Last year I felt like Bluefield was better than Richlands even though we beat them I feel like they had a 2-TD better team than us. I feel like Richlands had a 1-TD better than GC even though we lost to them the first time and beat them by a TD the second time. Then Bluefield killed GC by a ton. Does Bluefield just match up really well against them or what? Gman maybe you could shed some light on this for us, I just can't figure it out I know GC is not awestruck by them or anyone as far as that goes. GC plays a killer schedule every year. 

Does Bluefield have GC's number or what. Last year I felt like Bluefield was better than Richlands even though we beat them I feel like they had a 2-TD better team than us. I feel like Richlands had a 1-TD better than GC even though we lost to them the first time and beat them by a TD the second time. Then Bluefield killed GC by a ton. Does Bluefield just match up really well against them or what? Gman maybe you could shed some light on this for us, I just can't figure it out I know GC is not awestruck by them or anyone as far as that goes. GC plays a killer schedule every year. 

Didn't Bluefield have several players out due to suspensions against Richlands last year? I'm sure that made a difference in the way Bluefield played, both mentally and physically.

I guess I'm the only one but I don't see how this game is close. Bluefield is no worse than they were last year and I don't think GC is as good as they were last year...and the game was played at GC, we all know how that goes. Bluefield has won the last three meetings by the scores 63-21, 61-7, 51-28...an average of 58-19 for those wondering. People talk about Bluefield's speed but they've found a power running game in the last two weeks that is a great compliment to Reed and Collier...really hard to handle both inside and outside...

You're not alone. Bluefield rolls. The only question for me is if there will be a rolling clock at some point.

If you look at Gman's post it was several years in a row. During that same time period Richlands has kept the Richlands vs Bluefield games pretty close even though Bluefield had the better teams, while GC has been beaten badly. During the same period the Richlands vs GC games have been close. It seems to me that Bluefield really pours it to GC for some reason, at an unrealistic level to me, and I have all the respect in the world for the GC program. I didn't know about Herron last year that would make a big difference. My opinion about the Bluefield  suspensions last year, is this and this applies to all teams Richlands included suspensions are the same as bone head personal fouls they are inexcusable and should never be used as an excuse for a loss, it is the ultimate let down of your teammates period. Injuries are a part of the game and happen to all teams and are to a point a legit excuse but teams with depth can over come them. Suspensions are not an excuse and if Richlands loses a game because of this I would never uphold them.

Yup Herron didn't play last year and Collier was about 50%, although it wouldn't have mattered in the results. In 2013 we had about 10 starters suspended due to a scandal. That one was pretty bad. And then we don't speak of the 2012 season in GC haha. 

I'd say Bluefield is probably a 3-4 TD favorite this time. I think GC is getting better and doing some things right, but we still have a ways to go. Hope both teams have a clean game and get out healthy. 

I think that is also the game Rasnic left early in an ambulance. I'm not saying with rasnic, collier, and Herron Gate City would have won but I'm positive that the outcome would have been much different, and I'm a Twin Springs guy so that isn't just a homer statement.

That being said losing the seniors GC did last year and then also losing Rasnic to transfer has really left them looking for answers. I don't think they'll find the one they are looking for tomorrow. I expect it to get out of hand early.

I may be underestimating Bluefield based on their performance against Graham . I also discount year's Gate City-Bluefield score because Herron was out and he meant so much to that GC offense. Finally, Gate City did play reasonably well against Abingdon and Sulliivan South which leads me to believe they are improving.

That being said, if Bluefield blows them out I wouldn't be stunned. Having lost by big margins the last few years , GC may have a huge mental hurdle to overcome.

Gate City is a solid club. Bluefield isn't that good with the offensive line play and this is probably one of the worse defenses I've seen Bluefield have in several years. Bluefield is a bit young in spots as well but Gate City didn't quit and made a bunch of plays throughout the game.