Gate City @ Ridgeview

HaysiHigh1969

If your right and I have no reason to doubt you.......I hope Giles beats Glenvar. I would be pulling for Giles anyway. I could never pull for a Roanoke team....lol

Like I said, this is a lot of IFs and assumptions based on "likely" wins. All 4 top teams could lose between now and then. Union still has 3 games that may not be cake walks. It ain't over til it's over, but it sure is fun to play with the numbers!

If Giles beats Glenvar and finishes at 10-0, how can we out point them? That doesn't seem right without seeing official numbers.

It just comes down to wins, and the teams on Richlands' schedule has more of them than Giles.

Given my scenario, Richlands' opponents will be a combined 56-44 while Giles' will be a combined 43-57. In 2013 Giles was 10-0 and Union was 8-2, but Giles only had 16 more points. Had Union won either game they lost they would have shot ahead of Giles.

Richlands will get 102 rider points, from their opponents' wins. Giles will get 86 from theirs. That's a 16 point difference, and will basically make up for the Union loss.

Richlands and Union will not end up 1/2 or 2/1. Appomattox isn't losing baring some crazy upset. They will go 10-0 and be the 1 seed. I think Union goes 10-0 and is 2. Richlands at this point is just hoping for top 4 so we can have 2 home games.

I agree I was just pointing out as a union fan I would hate to see them play again. Both are very good teams and putting the Union fan factor aside I'm pulling for any SWVA team to bring home the title. I will catch some kind of hell for stating my opinion but here it is. I wouldn't be surprised to see Union drop the ball in one of the nest the next two weeks and lose a game they are supposed to win. Will find out tomorrow night I suppose. Looking for a hech of a game and have a feeling it will be very chippy with a good possibility of some ejections. The smack talk already was getting heated Monday at the Lee Union JV game. Should be interesting. Good luck to all and safe travels

#45 didnt have a great game running the ball against Rv. Ok but nothing special.

Rv was in a Stack-I formation(just to be clear, QB- FB-HB-TB) the Ref spotted the TB down, the HB had the ball and was across the goal line. The Wolfpack should have won by 5.

Every bit as bad as Union/Lee last year

The difference between this call and lee vs union, was the game was still on the line after the call was made.

Rv should have stopped lee and got the ball back however it didn't happen.

The Lee vs union game, the officials and only the officials decided the game at the end.

West12aaa, the impact of the call was much greater in the '14 Lee/Union game but the screw up on the call itself is no worse.

Granted, Rv did stop Lee. Just to fumble the punt, giving the ball back to Lee and the Generals ran the clock out. Rv had their chance but if the call wasn't blown more than likely Rv wins.

Wave316, I don't think Central can hang with Union. They may put up a few scores but theres no way they stop the Bears

Ridgeview Red Tiger. Union is due for a flop...almost happened when they played Gate City. Central might be the one to take down the Bears. Football is unpredictable. Alabama crushed Ga. Ridgeview defeats Gate City, etc...