Officiating at Bluefield

HM3-8404

You have to admit this topic has gotten alot of replies. That is what I like about this forum multiple points of view. More than a few teams have been said to water down the ole field, if the next team you are playing is faster than you. I'm sure Richlands has done it more than once, Grundy may have also according to old wives' tales. I wonder if Richlands has an old pair of those cleats in the trophy case, after all they are the most famous piece of memorabilia in the state of Virginia. When I worked in Salem a guy who was a big fan got me to get him a hat and shirt with Richlands on it, he also said he would pay good money for a pair of those cleats. I told him we bought them in Salem and that was the reason we got caught.  

Like I stated before the game. I would be happy with a one point win! The game was closer than the final score. In my opinion we was very fortunate to win this game. Two very well coached teams with athletes on both sides of the ball.

Virginia referees are part of different associations. Each county/school system selects an association. This area has only one, last year in basketball there were 2 I believe Tazewell county went different from everyone else. That association has folded. The commissioner of each sport assigns the officials to each school. Barry Yost has football and Wyatt has basketball and baseball. It is supposed to be random and different each game, but most of time seems like guys get assigned based on the travel or the crews that are better than most get the big games.

Can't tell you how many stories I've heard over the years about how bad the refs are when a Buchanan team plays in WV or KY.

Lloyd could write a book just about that. (hmmm... wonder if any of those stories are in his 'columns' book that'll be on sale in a few days?)

Honestly guys just listening to the game I could tell a lot of questionable calls especially on pass plays but Richlands is penalized a lot why is this?

As well as these player's are coached this should not be happening. Just curious on you guys input.

Not all Richlands fans are like C3PO or whatever the hell his user name is. 

1992 was 23 seasons ago... I've been out of high school 10 years and I went to the Salem game, just a little prince of Raven at the time, and I barley remember it. I know for damn sure kids playing now know only the stories they are told and even have no idea who Dennis Vaught or Willis White is.

As for the refs in Bluefield, I played in a game up there where the refs made their presence known in the final outcome but again that was 13 years ago... 

They are bad referees everywhere and there are always two sides to every story but when you win by two touchdowns, don't complain about a damn thing, move on to next week.