Gate City vs Virginia High

V-Cats

Gate City has started 0-6 for the first time in program history, and will be looking to claw back into the playoff hunt against VHS. 

Heard rumors that this game may be played in Bristol because GC's visitors stands are in disrepair. Can anyone confirm this?

Gate City has started 0-6 for the first time in program history, and will be looking to claw back into the playoff hunt against VHS. 

Heard rumors that this game may be played in Bristol because GC's visitors stands are in disrepair. Can anyone confirm this?

They were condemned, but they have been working feverishly to get them ready for Friday.

I hope it is moved to Bristol but I doubt it would happen.  VHS has had little luck in Gate City.  Anyway...as a VHS alum and supporter, I would rather play a 6-0 Gate City team instead of one 0-6.  I know it sounds silly to say that but the Blue Devils starting 0-7?  Unless the mentality has drastically changed over at "D-B light", they will be really up for this one. 

BUT.....I believe that Coach Crisp has the Pumpkin Brigade on the right path.  I am sure they would like nothing better than to assist Gate City with the continuance of their worse start in program history.  A loss here and the Gate City faithful may just jump into the abyss; dragging Houseright with them.

wgat 1050 am but you can only pick up right in Gate City I believe. 

There are some twitter feeds to follow them both at....

Gate City's

https://twitter.com/bluedevilslive

Virginia High's

https://twitter.com/vhsbearcats

*when the game starts, Va High's will probably have a live play-by-pay stat feed on iscore you can follow, just have to enter the id# at the site they post when it starts.

Agree 100% Ryan. Would not surprise me to see GC make a good run at it come playoff time. I had heard or read they need to win out to make it is that the case or some crazy rumor? Sounds about right but wasn't sure. Congrats to the Blue Devils should make for a good playoff if they make it in.

Agree 100% Ryan. Would not surprise me to see GC make a good run at it come playoff time. I had heard or read they need to win out to make it is that the case or some crazy rumor? Sounds about right but wasn't sure. Congrats to the Blue Devils should make for a good playoff if they make it in.

They can certainly make it in. Richlands, Union, and Abingdon continuing to win is helping them. They need to win out and have things fall right. I wouldn't mind them getting the 16 seed and upsetting Appo. Lol.

• 3 months later...

Great City and Quincy M.D....

I stand corrected...I had posted specifically about Gate City prior to the basketball thread!  As you can see from the posts in this thread, I was "just brutal" on the Blue Devils. 

You guys are just way too paranoid.  Give it a rest.