Week 6 Power Points

greatwhitemp36

I think they will end up at 5 or 6 when the season is over. Appo, Union, Glenvar, Richlands will be your top 4 in some order. Giles and Buckingham will fight for 5th. Theres not much of a droopy from 1 to 6 in the West. and I think all 6 of those mentioned above would be the favorite over in the East.

That's if Richlands beat Abingdon that they stay in the top 4, wasn't impressed with Richlands run offense the last two games, if they run a cross a team that matches up with them in the secondary and have a good defensive front they will be in trouble. Bluefield pretty much shut them down but had zero pass coverage and Tazewell defensive front was a lot more physical then Richlands front, but once again had no one that could cover a wide out,. So with that said I will have Abingdon as a 6 point favorite in 2 weeks if they don't fix it.

That's if Richlands beat Abingdon that they stay in the top 4, wasn't impressed with Richlands run offense the last two games, if they run a cross a team that matches up with them in the secondary and have a good defensive front they will be in trouble. Bluefield pretty much shut them down but had zero pass coverage and Tazewell defensive front was a lot more physical then Richlands front, but once again had no one that could cover a wide out,. So with that said I will have Abingdon as a 6 point favorite in 2 weeks if they don't fix it.

There have been games where our run offense had been more dominant than the pass. It all comes down to what the defense of taking away. Bluefield and Tazewell tried to take away the run, so we put it in the air. Some others have tried to take away the pass, and we've rushed for 200 yards.

Either phase can get the job done. Just take what the defense gives you. We also didn't have Lowe at TE last night, and he is a key blocker in the run game.

There have been games where our run offense had been more dominant than the pass. It all comes down to what the defense of taking away. Bluefield and Tazewell tried to take away the run, so we put it in the air. Some others have tried to take away the pass, and we've rushed for 200 yards.

Either phase can get the job done. Just take what the defense gives you. We also didn't have Lowe at TE last night, and he is a key blocker in the run game.

Well said Ryan and that's exactly right.

You would think Tazewell County as smart as he is would know that. I think he just can't hide his true colors.

In every stat sheet I've found, it says Nick had 82 yards and a TD. By my recollection, he had 2 TDs. Anyone else notice this?

He had a 3 yarder in the first quarter and a 10 yarder in the 2nd quarter.

Per story in BDT it said 1 TD

BUT

In scoring stats at bottom of story it had:

1st QUARTER

Blankenship- 3 yard run (Barrett XP) 3:45

2nd QUARTER

Blankenship- 10 yard run (Barrett XP) :54

On the second TD, best of my memory, it was a nine play scoring drive for the Blues of 65 yds and Blankenship had 6 carries on that drive for the TD.

Per story in BDT it said 1 TD

BUT

In scoring stats at bottom of story it had:

1st QUARTER

Blankenship- 3 yard run (Barrett XP) 3:45

2nd QUARTER

Blankenship- 10 yard run (Barrett XP) :54

On the second TD, best of my memory, it was a nine play scoring drive for the Blues of 65 yds and Blankenship had 6 carries on that drive for the TD.

That's what I thought. Typical BDT.