Giles at Glenvar game

Hokiebird7

That's why we play the games. Its fun to debate but until Glenvar gets beat....They are the Top Dog. Impressive what they have accomplished.

I think there are six teams that can win it and not many would be surprised. Should be a great playoff setting for 2A this year. Not just one or two that is head and shoulders above the rest. I want forget about Giles either. They could have very easily won tonight on the defending State Champions home field. This is my thoughts right now. I know some will disagree with me but who cares....lol

1- Glenvar

2- Appomattox

3-Richlands

4- Union

5-Giles

6- Buckingham

7- Clarke

Anybody on any given night can lose. I'M definitely not saying Glenvar can't lose. My analogy in regards to Mayweather is someone talks how they have this on offense and defense, but when its showtime, they get exposed. Also, It's not Glenvar's fault mother nature decided to unleash some unfortunate rain. Giles could've and probably should've played on Thursday like everyone else.

Union or Rich lands could beat Glenvar if they can score in the 20's. Glenvar defense is very impressive but there offence still needs work.

Can't say much about Glenvar, I haven't seen them play.....or Union..... but I would say that Richlands would win big over Giles.  

That's why we play the games. Its fun to debate but until Glenvar gets beat....They are the Top Dog. Impressive what they have accomplished.

I think there are six teams that can win it and not many would be surprised. Should be a great playoff setting for 2A this year. Not just one or two that is head and shoulders above the rest. I want forget about Giles either. They could have very easily won tonight on the defending State Champions home field. This is my thoughts right now. I know some will disagree with me but who cares....lol

1- Glenvar

2- Appomattox

3-Richlands

4- Union

5-Giles

6- Buckingham

7- Clarke

I agree with your assessment. I would put Glenvar at #1 until they are beaten... but, I believe Appo, Richlands and Union should be in an upper tier....then the others, but what do I know, anything can happen in the playoffs.  

I'm not saying #2 isn't a great player because he is and i am NOT crying as you say cause we lost...Glenvar is a better team period right now no doubt in my mind but i've seen him numerous time including last night shoving players and talking trash non stop....the only player i saw him help up was Mann last night and that's because they are both great players and respect each other....maybe i shouldn't have called him a prick but I get so tired of watching this stuff every single game from him

I do agree Glenvar's offense isn't great but they were playing without #7 last night which is a huge weapon for them....and I didn't say union(which i don't know much about to be honest) or Richlands couldn't beat them but they both will have their hands full with Glenvar's defense and Glenvar has some play makers on offense that can break it at anytime. Richlands may be the best match up for their defense because they could spread them out more

As of right now Richlands,Union and Glenvar are all IMO better than Giles(and maybe Appomattox which i know nothing about) at this point but a lot can change between now and the playoffs 

If Giles is going to advance they are going to have to go through one of the big boys...and we knew that before the season started....no easy games come playoff time...Proud of my boys for the fight they showed last night.

Glenvar better win it again this year because they lose A LOT next year...a bunch of great high school football players

Can't say much about Glenvar, I haven't seen them play.....or Union..... but I would say that Richlands would win big over Giles.  

They very well may....We would have a hard time stopping Richlands....would be a reversal of 2 years ago if this happened....But in the playoffs wild stuff happens so they may never see each other...who knows

Evidently not. Played 2 games in a week and still could of easily won. I think they showed up nicely. Got tired in the fourth. A play here or there and Giles wins. Glenvar is good but don't think they can't be defeated. That's all I was trying to point out.

Anyone can be beaten

I can't here trash talking from the sidelines. hokiebird7 must have great ears or is speaking for another person.

Then you need to get your hearing checked if you are indeed on the sidelines and can't hear it....or maybe you just don't want to hear it

Either case it dont matter to me....as i said glenvar is the better team right now...end of story

I'm not saying #2 isn't a great player because he is and i am NOT crying as you say cause we lost...Glenvar is a better team period right now no doubt in my mind but i've seen him numerous time including last night shoving players and talking trash non stop....the only player i saw him help up was Mann last night and that's because they are both great players and respect each other....maybe i shouldn't have called him a prick but I get so tired of watching this stuff every single game from him

I do agree Glenvar's offense isn't great but they were playing without #7 last night which is a huge weapon for them....and I didn't say union(which i don't know much about to be honest) or Richlands couldn't beat them but they both will have their hands full with Glenvar's defense and Glenvar has some play makers on offense that can break it at anytime. Richlands may be the best match up for their defense because they could spread them out more

As of right now Richlands,Union and Glenvar are all IMO better than Giles(and maybe Appomattox which i know nothing about) at this point but a lot can change between now and the playoffs 

If Giles is going to advance they are going to have to go through one of the big boys...and we knew that before the season started....no easy games come playoff time...Proud of my boys for the fight they showed last night.

Glenvar better win it again this year because they lose A LOT next year...a bunch of great high school football players

I just can't imagine anybody in 2A better than Richlands, after watching them twice this year.... it's one of the best 2A teams I have see in a long, long time.  Union must have a beast of a team as well.  Don't know much about Appo... I used to live down that way for a few years and they always had athletes, but were not very disciplined.  That appears to have changed in recent years.  I just don't see anybody in the East being able to take the physical pounding that Richlands or Union will give them this year either. I think the title will go to a West team...and my odds on favorites are Richlands and Union....Glenvar is good, but I think Richlands and Union are better. You can never count Giles out, but after watching them...they just don't seem as physical as usual and although they are better than most teams around this area, Don't get me wrong, Giles is a physical team, just not as big and physical as usual.

I still think they wouldn't match up very well with Richlands.  Giles always has the ability to control the clock and play keep away, if necessary, however.

I just can't imagine anybody in 2A better than Richlands, after watching them twice this year.... it's one of the best 2A teams I have see in a long, long time. Union must have a beast of a team as well. Don't know much about Appo... I used to live down that way for a few years and they always had athletes, but were not very disciplined. That appears to have changed in recent years. I just don't see anybody in the East being able to take the physical pounding that Richlands or Union will give them this year either. I think the title will go to a West team...and my odds on favorites are Richlands and Union....Glenvar is good, but I think Richlands and Union are better. You can never count Giles out, but after watching them...they just don't seem as physical as usual and although they are better than most teams around this area, Don't get me wrong, Giles is a physical team, just not as big and physical as usual.

I still think they wouldn't match up very well with Richlands. Giles always has the ability to control the clock and play keep away, if necessary, however.

I agree a team from the west will bring home a state championship. Giles definitely isn't quite as physical as in previous years and doesn't seem to have as much size. Anything can happen come playoff time and I really believe that any one of the top 5 teams in 2a west can beat any of the other top 5 in 2a west on any given week.

I just can't imagine anybody in 2A better than Richlands, after watching them twice this year.... it's one of the best 2A teams I have see in a long, long time.  Union must have a beast of a team as well.  Don't know much about Appo... I used to live down that way for a few years and they always had athletes, but were not very disciplined.  That appears to have changed in recent years.  I just don't see anybody in the East being able to take the physical pounding that Richlands or Union will give them this year either. I think the title will go to a West team...and my odds on favorites are Richlands and Union....Glenvar is good, but I think Richlands and Union are better. You can never count Giles out, but after watching them...they just don't seem as physical as usual and although they are better than most teams around this area, Don't get me wrong, Giles is a physical team, just not as big and physical as usual.

I still think they wouldn't match up very well with Richlands.  Giles always has the ability to control the clock and play keep away, if necessary, however.

Yep. The first year in forever the West is loaded in comparison to the East.

Then you need to get your hearing checked if you are indeed on the sidelines and can't hear it....or maybe you just don't want to hear it

Either case it dont matter to me....as i said glenvar is the better team right now...end of story

Footballallover it took a very late field goal to beat them on your home turf. Glenvar is the Top Dog until somebody beats them.

It could have went either way......just saying

The Scoreboard usually doesn't lie.  Good teams find a way to win.  I'm sure Giles will use this as motivation, if the two meet again in the playoffs.  Glenvar sure used their beating as motivation last season.

Not indeed on the sidelines just a fan of GHS football (Glenvar) along fence, but sounds like u have a direct link to sidelines of GHS (GILES)? U need to spend more time helping Giles football program, than crying, not about y yall lost (cudos for that yall got beat & new it) but bashing other players who give (GILES) a fit!! again u are the (CLASSLESS PIRCK!) good luck! !!!! No more from me sorry to all others on swva GREAT SIGHT & from my point Glenvar is swva footbll some have very!! Strong roots to Clintwood & Ervington communities

Not indeed on the sidelines just a fan of GHS football (Glenvar) along fence, but sounds like u have a direct link to sidelines of GHS (GILES)? U need to spend more time helping Giles football program, than crying, not about y yall lost (cudos for that yall got beat & new it) but bashing other players who give (GILES) a fit!! again u are the (CLASSLESS PIRCK!) good luck! !!!! No more from me sorry to all others on swva GREAT SIGHT & from my point Glenvar is swva footbll some have very!! Strong roots to Clintwood & Ervington communities

Are you drunk?

Is that a hammer I hear?