Giles at Glenvar game

Hokiebird7

If you look at the points scored on their D in other games one can see it must be their strongest suite,  sounds like they have figured out Giles single wing as well.

They should market the video on that game and sell it to local teams, they could sell it and make a fortune.  

Not indeed on the sidelines just a fan of GHS football (Glenvar) along fence, but sounds like u have a direct link to sidelines of GHS (GILES)? U need to spend more time helping Giles football program, than crying, not about y yall lost (cudos for that yall got beat & new it) but bashing other players who give (GILES) a fit!! again u are the (CLASSLESS PIRCK!) good luck! !!!! No more from me sorry to all others on swva GREAT SIGHT & from my point Glenvar is swva footbll some have very!! Strong roots to Clintwood & Ervington communities

Screw you man I know what I hear so don't tell me what I hear and don't hear....And I never once said #2 wasn't a great player did I?

And I think Giles football program is just fine....all i have to do is go check out the trophy case in the school lobby....These last couple years have just been your years...and nobody is crying about anything....I just don't like watching kids taking cheap shots and talking trash every play....sorry but I'm old school and not into all this new stuff lol

Enjoy your great run cause like most everyone's it will end and i bet when it does you will be nowhere to be seen

They should market the video on that game and sell it to local teams, they could sell it and make a fortune.  

They have figured it out for one reason....PLAYERS......they have grown men on the DL that we have a hard time blocking....they are a great defense...a coach can figure out a way to slow it down but you are still depending on 15-17 yr old kids to execute the defense you put in place

Sorry this was meant to be a reply to THUNDERCLOUD

I agree a team from the west will bring home a state championship. Giles definitely isn't quite as physical as in previous years and doesn't seem to have as much size. Anything can happen come playoff time and I really believe that any one of the top 5 teams in 2a west can beat any of the other top 5 in 2a west on any given week.

Yes Giles isn't as physical as in years past but we are physical still....we are just so young on the OL this year but that's part of it having kids move on and replacing them....

sounds like they have figured out Giles single wing as well.

The only way I have ever seen to stop the G Wing is to have studs on the DL. If the playside DT and DE can hold the los the SinglewIng is greatly slowed down. But were talking about stonewalling a 2 on 1 block. Takes special players to do that.

If Glenvar is stopping Giles(and they have been) I would look at the young men playing on the strong side DL, thats the key imo

The only way I have ever seen to stop the G Wing is to have studs on the DL. If the playside DT and DE can hold the los the SinglewIng is greatly slowed down. But were talking about stonewalling a 2 on 1 block. Takes special players to do that.

If Glenvar is stopping Giles(and they have been) I would look at the young men playing on the strong side DL, thats the key imo

You can look at Glenvar's entire DL....entire line are studs...that's why they shut us down....we have Soph's and Jr's trying their hardest to block these stud Sr's that's been around a while....Best DL i've seen Giles face in at least 10 years or more....kids are a special group

3 players on the D-line were all state players last year. The line is avg 6'4 270lbs. Possibly the entire line will be All- State this year #2 has 6 sacks, #58 has 5. #66 is being recruited hard by NC State

Just saying, Glenvar has had Giles number  the last two times they faced them last year and this year, has to be some extreme play.

As I said they have had our number the last 2 games because of players not because the coach all the sudden knows how to defend the single wing....if that was the case they would have beaten us before last years playoffs....they have the defense to slow us down with the stud players they have on that DL...and before a Glenvar fan says anything just let me say....#2 is a great HS football player...figured i'd throw that in before someone brought up how good he is

3 players on the D-line were all state players last year. The line is avg 6'4 270lbs. Possibly the entire line will be All- State this year #2 has 6 sacks, #58 has 5. #66 is being recruited hard by NC State

They are all 3 great players....#66 is damn good but is he really good enough to play ACC D1 football? I hope so for his sake cause he plays hard every play and is a load to try and block

I agree Swvafan72, Holmes, Wade, and Addison all have Allstate potential. I would put Richlands defense over any other. They have the offense to go with it. Union and Richlands are top two in the state in my opinion. All of the top five are good, but if any of them underestimate these two they will quickly regret it.

I agree Swvafan72, Holmes, Wade, and Addison all have Allstate potential. I would put Richlands defense over any other. They have the offense to go with it. Union and Richlands are top two in the state in my opinion. All of the top five are good, but if any of them underestimate these two they will quickly regret it.

You know who won't underestimate these two? These two.

Numbers don't lie, Richlands has given up 120 points. Glenvar has given up 45 points. I'm not saying Richlands defense is bad, but you given up a lot of points.

All we need to do is score one more point than our opponent.

Almost everybody on here has spoken very highly of Glenvars defense.....what else would you like us to say?

Just replying to this comment..

Numbers don't lie, Richlands has given up 120 points. Glenvar has given up 45 points. I'm not saying Richlands defense is bad, but you given up a lot of points.

That is very true. We have. But we've also played Union (undefeated) and Bluefield (one loss). Both of those teams are ELITE talent and can score at will. Take those 72 points away, and Richlands gives up a touchdown a game.

I'm not saying Glenvar isn't good. Because we know their defense is great. But you've only played one team with any merit yet, and that's Giles. Would it still be 45 if you had played Union and Bluefield?

Just my two cents.