PH VS. Holston

Mr. RealTalk

PH's football program has been turned around by Coach Palmer. PH is no longer a push over. There are a lot of schools that would love to have Palmer as heaad coach, especially the one at exit 35 from what I am hearing. PH will be to strong for the Cav's. PH by at least 14.

PH's football program has been turned around by Coach Palmer. PH is no longer a push over. There are a lot of schools that would love to have Palmer as heaad coach, especially the one at exit 35 from what I am hearing. PH will be to strong for the Cav's. PH by at least 14.

I've heard that as well, but I'm not sure there's much that a coaching change can do to help them at the moment; just a dip in talent that should fix itself in a couple years. It is an awfully big coincidence that the drop off in victories coincided with a coaching change, though.

But anyway, this game has the makings to be a trap game for the Rebs. Stuck between Rural Retreat and Marion, they could potentially sleepwalk a little in this one, and if Humphreys can't play, or isn't 100%, that could tip the scales a little closer toward Holston. Still, I think PH wins comfortably, but not the bloodletting that a lot of people might expect. I would take a stab at the score being in the neighborhood of 28-0.

Coach Palmer is not going anywhere.  He's all REBEL.  He always tells our kids Rebel born, Rebel bred, and when I die, I'll be Rebel dead. He has taken this program farther than any other coach.  It has been all him and we are very happy.   Dakota is a go on this game.  I think he and the Seymore kid will show up tonight and light that scoreboard up.  Go Rebels.  

Coach Palmer is not going anywhere.  He's all REBEL.  He always tells our kids Rebel born, Rebel bred, and when I die, I'll be Rebel dead. He has taken this program farther than any other coach.  

Have you forgot about Richie Thomas.

Have you forgot about Richie Thomas.

I would have to agree with you.  Coach Thomas was a much better coach.  He coached at Holston and did a good job.  At that time, PH football needed an identity and Coach Thomas really brought that to them.  Much like Matlock did for Holston.  Some of  the best years of Holston were the Matlock years.  I feel for our Cavs this year.  Coach Patterson is doing a good job with what he has.  

I would have to agree with you.  Coach Thomas was a much better coach.  He coached at Holston and did a good job.  At that time, PH football needed an identity and Coach Thomas really brought that to them.  Much like Matlock did for Holston.  Some of  the best years of Holston were the Matlock years.  I feel for our Cavs this year.  Coach Patterson is doing a good job with what he has.  

Holston came in and punched PH in the mouth. The only reason that PH won was because of superior talent. Much the same way that Matlock won for those years. Patterson is a much more solid, fundamental insrtuctor of the game. If his team were loaded with the talent of earlier Holston teams, they would be great.

Holston came in and punched PH in the mouth. The only reason that PH won was because of superior talent. Much the same way that Matlock won for those years. Patterson is a much more solid, fundamental insrtuctor of the game. If his team were loaded with the talent of earlier Holston teams, they would be greatG

Good teams can take another teams best shot and overcome it.  I don't think Holston scored after the early "punch in the mouth"?

Obviously this topic was stated by a non Rebel Fan. Unless I missed something the Rebels are having a good year but no one has talked about them being great or a real threat. I hope they are enjoying a good year after the many years they have been down. 

It is good to see PH have another successful season. PH has great potential every year. They have good enrollment at around 400, and their facilities are very good. Coach Palmer and staff have put together a winning program. I think the days of being a pushover are gone. Congrats to PH!