How would you contribute to your schools programs

West12aaa

Been a lot of talk about people saying they should contribute more to help programs or that programs needs more contribution not just football but all of them. So put this talk in to a hypothetical situation, how would you

Say you have the lump sum of 10k to donate every year as one individual working 8 to 5 every weekday. How would you contribute your time? I'll post my suggestion after a few discussion to see if I'm living in the real world or fantasy.

Say you have the lump sum of 10k to donate every year as one individual working 8 to 5 every weekday. How would you contribute your time? I'll post my suggestion after a few discussion to see if I'm living in the real world or fantasy.

Maybe 1% of people in this area working 8-to-5 is going to have $10K in coin lying around yearly.

Assuming that I did have that kind of dough, which I don't...

Assuming that I don't have kids and college educations/weddings to save for, which I do...

Assuming that I don't have a wife, which I do...

Assuming that I don't have a mortgage, which I do...

Assuming that I don't have car payments, which I somehow don't...

Assuming that I don't have student loan debt, which I absofreakinglutely do...

Assuming that I don't have credit card debt and hospital bills, which I do....

Assuming that I have already tithed to my House of Worship, which I try my best to do...

I would give as much as I could to the school, but I would not earmark it for football.  Other activities are more important, too.

Time is a more realistic expectation.

I would contribute to the schools for a before and after school meal program. There are many kids that come to school hungry and leave school not knowing if they will have a meal before bed. It is very hard for me to set at my table and eat, knowing that there are children out there without food to eat. It is a situation that really exist in SWVA and across this nation. Contact your local authorities and seek out the nearest food bank and donate. God will reward you!

Most of my knowledge is about basketball I will focus on that.

My initial plan was work with a gym and trainers to give children 1v1 attention on the weights. I know a pt personally that would love this but he wouldn't be able to do it for free. I would hold a 4-6 week 3 days a week secession sorely focused on weights, footwork, and jumpshooting. The killer is the incentive package to create incentive and commitment, 150 dollar per child to eastbay or sports store for near perfect attendance. From that I would schedule it so it is right before try out, or during the summer. Food included.

I would open my plan to the Head coach see if wants to add additional things. Then supply children with their needs as far as equipment.