Abingdon changing Districts

Johnnie B

One- Chase Collins. Atkinson joined the team late last year as a transfer.  Ball is playing his first year of varsity football and is a Richlands original.  He also scored one Friday night.

Ball played varsity football in 2013.

How many damn times is Lebanon going to move between districts and/or classes? It seems like every few years or so we hear rumblings out of Russel Co. that the Pioneers aren't happy with where they're at?

I hope they put Lebanon in a district by themselves lol all they do is cry like little girls. They would be at the bottom of 1a too. BTW they will cry cry cry as long as they are getting beat to death witch looks like it could be for a long time!

Graham, Tazewell, Richlands, Va High, Marion, Grayson County are SWD. Everyone else go to form Highlands. What is strange is Va.High Passes by three schools (John Battle, Abingdon,Lebanon) on the way to their district games! Neither of those three wanted to come to SWD.

Makes far too much sense for the VHSL to ever consider.

Hopefully the principles at Abingdon and Lebanon had something to do with this. The elephant in room is Richlands Transfers in football and VAHigh Transfers in baseball. Those type of schools should stay together.

No excuses in our loss. Only one TD was scored by a kid who played there last year. Just a fact. Not judging

3 actually. Ball, Collins and Atkinson. Who was the kid that threw for 5 TDs? How bout the kids that let Blankenship go untouched on several runs? How bout that Int? And how bout that DEFENSE? It's a team effort.

Hopefully the principles at Abingdon and Lebanon had something to do with this. The elephant in room is Richlands Transfers in football and VAHigh Transfers in baseball. Those type of schools should stay together.

No excuses in our loss. Only one TD was scored by a kid who played there last year. Just a fact. Not judging

The QB that threw those 5 TD's was on the team last year and he will be on the team next year too!

Yeah, I'm sure that Abingdon has never EVER benefited by someone transferring and playing for the Falcons.

I wish we could all be so perfect to call ourselves citizens of Abingdon... 

#56 that stopped everything in front of him was on the team last year and so was #5 that picked off the Abingdon QB. All those DL and OL are home grown. The question is who on the Abingdon team won't be there next year. Two years on a row they have lost pretty good football players.

No worries. I hope we still play.

You saw how many Honaker fans were pulling for us though didn't you?

Just answer the question. How many TDs were scored by kids that were on the team last year??

Simple question. I do not know the answer.

Richlands scored so many, I lost count. 

Good grief.  Get a life. 

I don't understand the defensiveness about transfers.  We're all lying if we act like this team would be as strong without them.  They're all here within the rules, and I assume the reason kids started transferring in the first place was due to the  success of the program prior to their arrival.   I have no doubt that every other school in the area would accept them......

You guys were the big winners Friday. Get you panties out of a wad. Do you really think that everyone else does not know those kids moved in this year? How stupid can you be? Get your head out of your butts.

#56 #7 are studs. Glad they have the support around them.

What about this? What about that? Geez

Not trying to stir the pot but the Abingdon kid who played in Florida, started off in Abingdon, went to Florida and back to Abingdon.  At least one poster on this forum went above and beyond normal call of duty to try to help this kid.....and not in ways that pertained to football....rather in a way to try to help someone who really needed a break in the game of life.

I will also give credit to Asbury and Holmes.  Those two are excellent football players.  Like Mountain Man, the thought of losing a potential home playoff game because of the 1 loss to Richlands would not sit well with me either.  The Blue Tornados have an excellent football team and those few transfer players (Blankenship, Atkinson and Howie) make a very good team even better.

I have never understood the consternation caused by transfers and holdbacks.  As long as it is done within the rules, either shut up or join 'em.  Loudoun County figured it out.  The kids in that county can attend any school within the county boundaries...and there are a lot of schools in that boundary. 

I will also give credit to Asbury and Holmes. Those two are excellent football players. Like Mountain Man, the thought of losing a potential home playoff game because of the 1 loss to Richlands would not sit well with me either. The Blue Tornados have an excellent football team and those few transfer players (Blankenship, Atkinson and Howie) make a very good team even better.

The way it should've been said.