Abingdon changing Districts

Johnnie B

Cant argue with #s

Mountain - Lee, GC, Rv, Lebanon, Battle, Union, Central, Abingdon

Southwest - VAHigh, Richlands, Tazewell, Marion, Graham, Carroll, ??Grayson??

New Name AA District - Floyd, Giles, Glenvar, James River, Martinsville, ?FC?

New Name A District #1 - Hurley, TV, Honaker, NW, Holston, PH, Grundy,(Council)

Cumberland - Tom Walker, Rye Cove, Twin Springs, JI Burton, Eastside, Castlewood

New Name A District #2 - Bland, Chilhowie, Galax, RR, GW, ?FC?

Pioneer - Auburn, Bath, Covington, Craig, EM, PMC, Radford, Narrows

??

If FC moves up in the future put them in the New Name AA District.

If Grayson moves down in the future put them in the Hogo

If Carroll stays wherever they are now and Graysons enrollment contnues to decline move Lebanon over to the SW to keep the number of schools per district somewhat balanced

Just throwing a little geography out there, in this line up 4 of the 6 schools that the Hogoheegee Rivers run through are not in the proposed new HOGO.  I do however like a little shake up.

Out of fairness, the Hogoheegee doesn't run through the school districts of Rural Retreat or George Wythe, but that hasn't stopped them.

Cant argue with #s

Cumberland - Tom Walker, Rye Cove, Twin Springs, JI Burton, Eastside, Castlewood

??

If Carroll stays wherever they are now and Graysons enrollment contnues to decline move Lebanon over to the SW to keep the number of schools per district somewhat balanced

If there ends up being 20 teams in the region, IMO it would be best to have 4 districts with 5 members each.  Wouldn't be the best for scheduling purposes, but would give all teams a chance to schedule existing out of district rivalries and games with a potential for big gates or big power points.  If so, maybe group 'em like this (I'm not naming districts, just the potential groupings):

District 1: Lee, Gate City, Ridgeview, Union, Central

District 2: Tazewell, Richlands, Graham, Lebanon, Abingdon

District 3: Virginia High, Battle, Marion, Carroll, Grayson

District 4: Floyd, James River, Glenvar, Giles, Martinsville

Not bad but that would mean finding 6 non district games and as a fan of a school who has been through that trust me you want larger districts. Granted your setup does make a lot of sense geographically. There wouldn't be 20 teams, there would be 19. Abingdon would still be 3A.

Btw, NNAD #1, NNAD #2 and the Cumberland would be in one region. The Pioneer would be in another.

We accused to finding 6 games. I can't recall us having more than 5 teams in the district aside from one or two cycles in the last 15ish years.

It's given us good rivalries against Union, GC, Bluefield, and now starting a series with Central. I like having 6 ood games.

Not bad but that would mean finding 6 non district games and as a fan of a school who has been through that trust me you want larger districts. Granted your setup does make a lot of sense geographically. There wouldn't be 20 teams, there would be 19. Abingdon would still be 3A.

Btw, NNAD #1, NNAD #2 and the Cumberland would be in one region. The Pioneer would be in another.

Exactly the reason I stated it wouldn't be the best for scheduling.  Scheduling is a double edged sword, though.  In an ideal situation, teams would only have to find 3-4 games out of district on a yearly basis.  Problem is, if you are in a weak district comprised of 6-7 teams, finding games may not be a problem but you will find yourself on the short end of the stick when it comes to power points.  On the other hand, if you are in a district comprised of 5 teams, if you are willing to travel further finding games to help with your power rating is less of a problem, but you will have a lesser amount of self scheduling district games. In all fairness, IMO it's as broad as it is long.  I'd rather have the latter problem than the first one.

Out of fairness, the Hogoheegee doesn't run through the school districts of Rural Retreat or George Wythe, but that hasn't stopped them.

I wasn't counting either of those schools because of that.lol  But if you look at the actual head waters of the Middle Fork it starts very close to where I live now and that is at the Wythe/Smyth county line in Groseclose/Rural Retreat.  I still agree that it doesn't run through either.

• 3 weeks later...

3 actually. Ball, Collins and Atkinson. Who was the kid that threw for 5 TDs? How bout the kids that let Blankenship go untouched on several runs? How bout that Int? And how bout that DEFENSE? It's a team effort.

http://www.wvva.com/story/30544671/2015/11/17/ball-is-a-nice-weapon-for-richlands

This interview says Ball hadn't played the last two years.  I honestly couldn't remember if he played as a freshman.

He played very little toward the end of the season as a freshman.

I just knew he was one of  3 offensive stars for this year's team, along with Howie and Blankenship, that did not play in last year's game with Abingdon.

Cant argue with #s

??

No one wants to be in the same district as Carroll Co.

Is this in reference to transfer players? Bc Ball is not a transfer.

No, but a very good player that didn't play In last year's game with Abingdon. Was one more reason besides the transfers that had fans from Richlands feeling confident about this season's match up with Abingdon.