Graham @ Union

BigWinners

Just stating the truth. I'm sorry if it offends you that I thought Graham behaved pretty shitty by shouting obscenities at an obviously injured kid.

Sour grapes from you.

They are kids. . . got caught up in the heat of the moment, I'm sure.  Let's not burn them at the stake.

Being an adult means calling out poor behavior by kids and each other. There was no excuse for what I and others witnessed. Shouldn't have been allowed to go that far.

But I am going to build a bridge and move on. Graham has a good team. Will be great in the future.

I agree I wasn't on the field it may have been both ways. I played and know how emotions come into play. By no means taking away from a very good team who in my opinion could have and possible would have won if not for the fumble before the half and the injury to the stud running back. It is what it is I saw the poor sportsmanship from players and coaches from the G Men and one on union. Good people I'm sure great season nothing to be ashamed of Union is a pretty good team and gave them a run for their money. 

There was one garbage time TD, and that was after GIles was acting a fool.

Justify it however you want, but you know what slinging it toward the end zone up 21 with less than 4:00 to go after the other team's stud player has been knocked out looks like.

I'm not going to try about it in 2027 or anything like that, just saying...

Let's say Graham had the chance would they have not done the same." Give respect to get respect" Tom Turner words of wisdom from my high school days 

I was told a story by a former player at Garden High School who played in a playoff game against Tom Turner's Appalachia.  Long story short.....Appalachia won by about sixty points.  At the end of the game, Turner says something like the following to Garden's Coach Roger Rife:  Sorry about running the score up a little, but your fans were barking at us when we got here.

No disrespect meant to Appalachia or Coach Turner,  I thought the story was funny as hell.  But it does seem to reinforce your "Give respect to get respect" strategy.

Also another story from I think the same game.  The person that told me these stories was also the punter for Garden, per him.  He said that Appalachia had them bottled up on 4th down and they were having very little success moving the football.  He was back to punt, received a bad snap and made the instant decision to run.......and made a first down.  He said that Coach Rife came trotting out to the huddle and said something like:  Good job men, run the same play. 

Graham wins if Cousin doesn't get hurt, plain and simple.

Graham embarrassed the town of Bluefield from the time they arrived until it ended. Worst display of sportsmanship I've seen in a long time.

I had no dog in the hunt I just went to the closest game.

Justify it however you want, but you know what slinging it toward the end zone up 21 with less than 4:00 to go after the other team's stud player has been knocked out looks like.

I'm not going to try about it in 2027 or anything like that, just saying...

Maybe they watched the tape of Graham throwing bombs against Taz when they were up 30 in the 4th.

Graham wins if Cousin doesn't get hurt, plain and simple.

They were behind when he went out...he's a good back, but I don't think Graham wins even if he didn't get hurt. It would've been closer than 28 points...but no closer than 14 IMO. He didn't start getting big chunks until #50 for Union went out, either. Injuries are part of the game, though...that's just the way it goes. All I know is, if your players are gonna start barking at the other team as soon as they arrive for the game, you had best be prepared to back it up...or you might get your nose rubbed in it a bit before the game's over.

I was pulling for Graham but after hearing how disrespectful their fans and players were way to go Union! A few tips for union next week. On offense, throw away from #7. On defense, you better put your best dB on him. You won't be able to double up on him because #2 for them is a great receiver as well. Giles had one of their lesser talented guys trying to play man defense on #7 and he lit them up.

I agree, they did shut him down in the backfield numerous times, I don't think they would have won, but would've been a 7-14 point game. Did he end up with a concussion? Also their QB running his mouth and getting ejected didn't help either.

No argument from me beast, Graham was pretty classless. How bad is #50 hurt?

I have no idea..just know he got dinged up in the 2nd, played another series on D..and then he was out and never came back. He's a tough kid though, so I wouldn't expect him to be out next week. Hard to believe he's just a sophomore.

All I know is, if your players are gonna start barking at the other team as soon as they arrive for the game, you had best be prepared to back it up...or you might get your nose rubbed in it a bit before the game's over.

Soon as they arrived on the field for warm ups "y'all bout to see a real team play" ......yeah, ok

Cousin is a stud. Had he stayed in it could have been anybody's game, and it was evident to everyone around me. They definitely deflated when he went out. Graham had good line play. 

The screen call before the half to Cousin was brilliant. Union was bringing the house and Palmer knew it. I thought both teams came ready to play and played well. Union has more depth and that could have made the difference even if Cousin stayed in. IDK. 

I will agree that Union scored 1 trash TD, and Turner doesn't normally do that, so I'm sure it was on purpose for one reason or another. I don't get in to the sportsmanship side of things especially when my team wins. It is what it is. Looking forward to Glenvar.

How did the game go from an analytical perspective? Did Union win with the run or pass?

Union had 160 yards rushing and 169 passing. Stats for both teams were pretty even. Both teams moved the ball pretty well. Graham's drives seemed long and slower while Union's seemed quicker. Union had 2 punts to Graham's 3. Only 1 turnover in the game, Cousin fumble near the end of the half.