Buckingham @ Richlands

Ryan4VT

Can you really get a bunch of 14-18 year olds to bed at 10:30? One of their fans on Preps said that staying in a hotel before Gate City last year made them come out "flat" and that he heard the kids stayed up all night playing around.

They weren't flat last year. They just got punched in the mouth, just like they will this week.

They weren't flat last year. They just got punched in the mouth, just like they will this week.

I absolutely believe you. I was just noting what he said on Preps lol.

They are about to get punched in the mouth again. Let's see if they respond any differently.

I went to the Martinsville-Buckingham game this past Friday. I can't see them beating Richlands. The Qb and Rb are legit(Gough #4 and Ragland #8), but they are all run. Going into the game the other night they had only threw for 490 yards for the year. When they did throw, they didn't throw it well. Defensivley I think Richlands will be fine, but if 4 or 8 get in the secondary they both have the speed to take it to the house. On offense Richlands being balanced as they are with good line play should be able to move it on the Knights. Also Mavahi had receivers open most of the night but their o-line couldn't give their Qb's anytime to throw, so if Richlands o-line play is up to their usual standards, I think they will move the ball. BHS dbs like to man up and jam wide outs at the line of scrimmage so to me some big plays are there to be had if the o-line holds up. I say the Tornado by at least 3 scores. Good luck and have a safe rest of the playoffs, and for us Mavahi fans it's off to try and defend our state championship in bball. Going for #15 this year!

Looking at the MaxPreps rosters, BC only has 23 players with numbers. Richlands has over 50.

Will that depth wear BC down as the game goes on? Richlands rotates players on every play. We stay fresh.

Also, the tallest player they have listed is a 6'4 TE/DE and the tallest corner is 6'1. If that's the case, they give up a very serious size advantage.

They lost to Appomattox 14-7.  They beat Goochland, number one seed in the East, if they were in the East as they should be, this would be their number 1 seed.

GO BLUES!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT'S TIME  12TH MAN, BRING THE BEAST, THIS STORM CAN BE A MONSTER THE LIKES OF NEVER SEEN BEFORE.

I think Buckingham experienced culture shock last year at Gate City. When we played there 2 years ago, we had more fans there than they did. I spoke with a vendor up there that said they're not used to seeing a crowd like that at a high school game. He actually lived over an hour away, but said he couldn't pass up making some cash. They'll play hard, but I expect it to get chippy late in the game. Especially if Richlands is beating them pretty good.

I'd be (very pleasantly) surprised if Richlands were to win this one in a blowout.  Pretty sure that Buckingham hasn't faced a defense like the Blues yet, but I'm not sure that will tip the game.  A lot of teams in Central Virginia this season seem to play the football version of Paul Westhead's "run and gun" game -- very porous defense but very explosive offense, with an apparent goal of having the last possession to win the game.

Unless the linebackers are able to shrug off zone blocking and make short yardage stops, the Blues better be well conditioned and in good enough shape to run a lot of full field sprints.  

And if Richlands wins on Friday, chances are very good that they'll face exactly the same kind of team next week at Appomattox.

Just my two cents, of course.

Richlands wins this game they coast into the playoffs imo, Appomattox has a hard time stopping the power run and the blues will lay the pressure to that qb.

This post?!

(1) We're two weeks deep into the playoffs already, Hoss.

(2) Appomattox hasn't had much of a hard time with anything.  Buckingham is a strong power run team, and Appomattox held Buckingham to 7 points total on the evening.  Appomattox hasn't given up more than 14 points in any game this season.  

Im really surprised at all the people that are underestimating Appomattox. Richlands is very good. They should win Friday but I dont see them running all over Appomattox. And like UVA said, Appo hasnt given up more than 14 points in a game. Thats even better than Glenvar. I'll be pulling for the Blues, but they can't expect to coast through the rest of the playoffs.

Im really surprised at all the people that are underestimating Appomattox. Richlands is very good. They should win Friday but I dont see them running all over Appomattox. And like UVA said, Appo hasnt given up more than 14 points in a game. Thats even better than Glenvar. I'll be pulling for the Blues, but they can't expect to coast through the rest of the playoffs.

You'll be very hard pressed to find a Richlands fan, coach, or player that thinks we will coast through this. Most of us are confident in our boys, but we know better than to think we can coast.

You'll be very hard pressed to find a Richlands fan, coach, or player that thinks we will coast through this. Most of us are confident in our boys, but we know better than to think we can coast.

I guess every school has that certain fan or 2 that expects to blow out everyone. I know most of Richlands fans arent like that.

But its not even just Richlands fans. Ridgeview fans at the Giles game were saying that it doesnt matter who won that game because no team has a chance against Richlands. The way I look at it, there are still 16 teams that are playing in 2A.

We certainly have a lot of hype outside our borders, that's for sure lol. There were folks up at Appo that knew who we were because of what they had heard.

I gaurentee you this fan and nobody I know think there is an easy game left in 2A. That would be foolish. I expect them all to go late in the fourth quarter from here on out. Just saying........were just glad to still be here and rooting for all SWVA teams left in 12&3A

But its not even just Richlands fans. Ridgeview fans at the Giles game were saying that it doesnt matter who won that game because no team has a chance against Richlands. The way I look at it, there are still 16 teams that are playing in 2A.

Union beat richlands

I gaurentee you this fan and nobody I know think there is an easy game left in 2A. That would be foolish. I expect them all to go late in the fourth quarter from here on out. Just saying........were just glad to still be here and rooting for all SWVA teams left in 12&3A

Amen I feel the same I hope all local teams prevail