Eastside HC Job

Hoosyadaddy

Crabtree is both liked and disliked locally in the region. He didnt do anything at Pound but they were outmatched in the LPD. He did have some success at Ervinton but personally I attribute a lot of that to 2 REALLY good RBs. They ran Rocket Sweep 40+ times a game and those two just outran everyone in the Cumberland. Personally I doubt his Xs and Os ability but the kids at EHS played hard for him and they believed.  

Idk a thing about Luck but he was doomed to fail at UVA-W. They can not and will not be competitive in football at the D-II level

That's kinda what I was getting at. The kids liked him and went all out for him.

Hamilton was solid in his Xs and Os from what I saw of Eastside but obviously the kids didn't respond well to him. Also, Eastside looked really slim when I saw them this year which tells me they don't have a weight program or much of one. That comes back to the coach too. 

Ervinton came to Haysi one year(the year they shared the CD title) and honestly believed they were gonna win. They got demolished but those kids were 100% into Rebels football

I think to be successful you have to be allowed to bring an assistant or two but with budgets they way they are you don't have the open jobs to do that.  It is hard to win with someone else that may not share the same philosophy.  Also how much longer is Eastside going to be open I have heard 5 years tops

I don't think Eastside has much longer left, I felt that way when Wise Co didn't build them a new school. The issue will be if Eastside closes then Central will have an enrollment of 1,000+, that means the nightmare that is 3A.