Richlands @ Appomattox

old_school_blue

That's why we have a quote button. I don't have time to try and get in your head and figure out if you're responding to someone or not. Use the tools the site gives you.

It would have took just as much time to read the post above mine that it did for you to check and see how many threads were about Richlands. That better for you though?

I have not watched any film of Appomattox but I cannot imagine Richlands not having a legitimate chance against them.  I know that the D of Appo is good.....maybe very, very good.

Richlands has a very good O line, excellent quarterback, good rb and multiple receivers who can catch and run after the catch.  I believe that at the high school level, a good balanced offense has an advantage over a good defense....I might even make the same statement at the small college level as well.  Asbury can make precise throws....the passing game will help open up the run.

The D on Richlands is excellent as well....strong line and Holmes plays with a high motor.  I can't imagine that defense getting abused by Appomattox...but again, I haven't seen them play either.

If I didn't have to go to Roanoke and back Friday, I might have considered making the trip to watch this game.  It is a later start time and I might still get a "wild hair" to do this but don't know if I am willing to handle 2 consecutive days on the road.....father time is undefeated and the undisputed champ!  LOL

Should I lose my senses, and it wouldn't be the first time, does anyone know how many visitor seats Appomattox accomodates?   Last thing I want to do is make a long trip and have to stand to watch the game.  

Good luck to the Blues.  Safe travels.

Looks to me like 500-750 seats. We will bring more than that. Saw on Preps that Appo is gonna try to bring in extra seating.

They need to cause I say there is gonna be quite a few!!!

I sent you a message Ryan4VT

I am not afraid to say that this game makes me very nervous.......very.  I think we have a team that can beat Appo,  but I also think they have a team that can beat us.  Both teams have a slew of athletes and it should be a very good football game.  The team that makes the least amount of mistakes and makes the best adjustments during the game should win this game.  We are going to have to tighten up our run defense,  we did a much better job in the 2nd half,  but Buckingham helped us out by getting away from the run and started to throw the ball more which really played into our hands thanks in a big way because of the adjustments we made.

Cudos to coach Mance & staff for the halftime adjustments they made ( as always ).  

I do believe we can and will win this game,  but we have to come out playing better in the 1st half and not give up so many big runs and plays.  

Scotty ball was the man last night along with Atkins,  that's what makes this team so tough to defend,  they ( Buckingham )  wanted to take Howie out of the game and pretty much did by putting Ragland on him one on one,  but we have several other receivers that can hurt you and they did.  I thought that John luke had a good game also and he will need to be on point against Appo.

Any game in the 3rd round should make any team nervous....only the best of the best remaining now and no easy ones

I think any of the 4 teams remaining on the west side could win the entire thing....all 4 are very good football teams....I don't know anything about the east teams to form an opinion on them....I do have a buddy from Clarke County and he says they are pretty good but he don't think they could beat any of the west teams....but he really don't know since he hasn't watched any of them, sort of like me and the east teams

500-750 seats on the visiting side WOW....guess I either get there really early or someone better save me a seat LOL

Also heard they have no hill or anything to stand on.

I may have to sit on the Appomattox side since they have more seating....hope that's ok with the Richlands people LOL...cause I want to be able to see the game

500-750 seats on the visiting side WOW....guess I either get there really early or someone better save me a seat LOLid say they will be a bunch of blue tornado fans sitting on that side.I'm not ashamed to sit on there side in my blue shirt and hat with the lighting r on it..I hope they don't mind..I've sit on opposing side before and they have all been friendly so far.

Also heard they have no hill or anything to stand on.

I may have to sit on the Appomattox side since they have more seating....hope that's ok with the Richlands people LOL...cause I want to be able to see the game