Message to Glenvar fans

Hokiebird7

Sorry this is so late but i've been out of town all day....First i want to say to Glenvar players and fans you guys have one heck of a football team and i'm man enough to admit you were by far the better team last night....Your front 4 on defense is something special especially at the D2 level....Stanley,Alls,Deck and the other kids are flat our studs on your DL...and you are a well coached football team as well....as Giles is also.

Union may beat Glenvar but I promise you if they or anyone else does they will know they have been in a dogfight....this team is physically and mentally tough.

On offense Manns is a quick,fast shifty little back with a burst and he is tough as nails too.....and Stegall(#7) is just flat out a play makers....kid made 2 of the best catches last night i've seen in a long time.

They are the defending champs for a reason

Spread teams may have more success against them than Giles does with the compact single-wing....their defense is perfect for our offense...and a guy asked me last night "Do you think Clifford(coach) has figured out how to defend the single-wing?"....my reply was "No but with this class of players they may have figured it out"

And I also want to thank the Giles coaching staff and players for a great season...10-2 is nothing to be ashamed of...and they played hard last night and just got beat by a better team.....and I personally am going to miss Brian Mann...Kid is a special type of player and he is sorely going to be missed in Spartan land....a hell of a career for a great kid ended last night...I've been watching Giles football for many years and this kid was one of the most fun players i've ever watched.

And I also want to thank the Giles coaching staff and players for a great season...10-2 is nothing to be ashamed of...and they played hard last night and just got beat by a better team.....and I personally am going to miss Brian Mann...Kid is a special type of player and he is sorely going to be missed in Spartan land....a hell of a career for a great kid ended last night...I've been watching Giles football for many years and this kid was one of the most fun players i've ever watched.

One of the most fun kids to watch and one of the best players that I have seen this season.

Thanks Hokiebird.. That game was very physical. A lot of hard hits. Both teams laid it on the line. I'm glad that everyone came away healthy. One Giles player #21 was hurt, and I pray the young man is ok.

Thanks Hokiebird.. That game was very physical. A lot of hard hits. Both teams laid it on the line. I'm glad that everyone came away healthy. One Giles player #21 was hurt, and I pray the young man is ok.

#21 was on crutches after the game but seemed to be in good spirits so hopefully he will be ok....Tough for one of your captains to not to be able to finish his last high school game but he did a very good job for Giles this year

Great post hokiebird. Giles has nothing to be ashamed of. I predicted them to have a 6-5 season and to finish 10-2 with the schedule that they play is very impressive. Glenvar is just a solid team. They have a lot of talent and are well coached. And I agree that I'm not so sure they know how to stop the wing, they just have had great athletes these past 2 seasons that could. Best defense I have seen in years. Good luck next week Highlanders, yall will be in for another dogfight. As for me, I'll be in Appo cheering on the Blues

Thanks for the recognition that this Glenvar team deserves, HokieBird7.  It was a hard fought game and both teams left it all out on the field.  I know that Union is going to play us tough, but I truly believe that Glenvar has the best defense in 2A football.