2015 Arby's Classic

GC_Devils

Local:
Tennessee High (Bristol, TN) 2014-15: 17-17, AAA Region I Semi, Enrollment 1200
Gate City (Gate City, VA) 2014-15: 19-8, Region AA West Quarterfinals, Enrollment 700
Union (Big Stone Gap, VA) 2014-15: 17-9, Clinch Mountain Conference Tourney Runner-Up, Enrollment 660
David Crockett (Jonesbourgh, TN) 2014-15: 25-7, AAA Region I Semi, Enrollment 1250
Dobyns-Bennett (Kingsport, TN) 2014-15: 24-11, Class AAA Sectional, Enrollment 1822
Sullivan East (Bluff City, TN) 2014-15: 23-10, DI-AA Semifinals, Enrollment 900
CAK (Knoxville, TN) 2014-15: 23-9, TSSAA Region 2AA Semifinals, Enrollment 1100
Greeneville (Greeneville, TN) 2014-15: 17-15, Class AA Sectional, Enrollment 850

Visiting:
Mentor (Mentor, OH) 2014-15: 14-10, Enrollment 2800
Tift County (Tifton, GA) 2014-15: 26-2, 1st Round 6A State Tournament, Enrollment 1421
North Mecklenburg (Huntersville, NC) 2014-15: 24-3, State Quarterfinals, Enrollment 3000+
Wayne (Dayton, OH) 2014-15: 26-3, Div I Ohio State Champs, Enrollment 2300+
Father Henry Carr (Toronto, Canada) 2014-15 Enrollment 915
Oak Ridge (Oak Ridge, TN) 2014-15: 29-4, TSSAA State Quarterfinals, Enrollment 1500
St. James (Hagerstown, MD) 2014-15: 16-5, Enrollment 235
Taylor County (Campbellsville, KY) 2014-15: 27-5, KHSAA State Tournament 1st Round, Enrollment 883
Urspring (Ulm, Germany)
Tabernacle Baptist (Grand Bahama, Bahamas)

2015 Arby's Classic Schedule:
Saturday, December 26
Game 1: Greeneville 46 vs Urspring, Germany 62
Game 2: CAK 71 vs Tabernacle Baptist, Bahamas 44
Game 3: Gate City 46 vs Tift County, GA 80
Game 4: Tennessee High 52 vs North Mecklenburg 79
Game 5: Dobyns-Bennett 35 vs Oak Ridge 81
Game 6: David Crockett 82 vs Mentor, OH 79 (2 OT)

Monday, December 28
Game 7: Greeneville 39 vs Tabernacle Baptist, Bahamas 59
Game 8: Father Henry Carr, Canada 56 vs Urspring, Germany 71
Game 9: Union 58 vs Wayne, OH 85
Game 10: Sullivan East 37 vs St. James, MD 72
Game 11: Taylor County, KY 68 vs CAK 62

Tuesday, December 29
Game 12: Gate City 75 vs Tennessee High 66
Game 13: Dobyns-Bennett 51 vs Mentor, OH 69
Game 14: Father Henry Carr, Canada 74 vs Union 50
Game 15: Sullivan East 56 vs CAK 64

Game 16: Tift County, GA 67 vs North Mecklenburg, NC 64
Game 17: Oak Ridge 85 vs David Crockett 87 (2 OT)
Game 18: Urrspring, Germany 49 vs Wayne, OH 76
Game 19: St. James, MD 57 vs Taylor County, KY 49

Wednesday, December 30

Game 20: Gate City 70 vs Mentor, OH 89
Game 21: Father Henry Carr, Canada 92 vs CAK 57 
Game 22: North Mecklenburg, NC 54 vs Oak Ridge 56 
Game 23: Urspring, Germany 45 vs Taylor County, KY 49

Road Runner Markets/FritoLay Slam Dunk Contest, Winner: Iman Holley (Tift County, GA)
Game 24: Tift County, GA 72 vs David Crockett 55
Game 25: Wayne, OH 62 vs St. James, MD 50

Thursday, December 31
Game 26: Tabernacle Baptist, Bahamas 48 vs Tennessee High 58
Game 27: Sixth-Place - Mentor, OH 61 vs Father Henry Carr, Canada 77
Game 28: Fifth-Place – Oak Ridge 91 vs Taylor County, KY 73
Fun Factory 3-Point Contest, 4:00 p.m.  Winner:  Michael Mays (Tennessee High)
Game 29: Third-Place – David Crockett 75 vs St. James, MD 77 (2 OT)

Game 30: Championship – Tift County, GA 47 vs Wayne, OH 72

This is the first year I can remember Union (or PV) participating in the Arby's. Union should be pretty decent once all the football kids get into basketball mode, but it will likely not be pretty in the Arby's.

GC should be loaded, they will be very good again this year.

I have been to every game of the Arby's since 2000 except for one year in which Haysi played in the High Country Classic over in Boone and I decided to go check that out instead.

Mentor has become my team of backing over the last several years with their incredible three point shooting.  The field seems down this year somewhat.  Still interested in seeing what all of the out of area teams bring to the table though.  :)

Apparently Tennessee High is supposed to have a really good team & might be the local team to watch this year. They are ranked in the Top 25 (public schools) by USA Today in the South Region. The South Region consists of prep teams from Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Mississippi, Alabama, Florida, Tennessee and Louisiana. They are the only TN public school on the list. So they must be pretty darn good. But they did get the absolute toughest opening round draw too. I sure would love to see a local school win this year.

• 3 weeks later...

The tourney starts tomorrow afternoon. If you've never been I highly recommend checking it out this year. Pretty strong field with Tift County, Oak Ridge, St. James, Wayne, and the returning champ N. Mecklenburg. GC and Union are both undefeated, but have some insane first round matchups. Should be a fun few days of basketball at Viking Hall. 

I watched Urspring of Germany defeat Father Carr of Canada last night and Wayne of Ohio demolish Union and St James of Maryland crush Sullivan East. Germans are really tall . Wayne was super good. St . James was really tall too.  This is a great tournament. The talent is amazing. Everyone should go sometime if you have never been. 

I watched Urspring of Germany defeat Father Carr of Canada last night and Wayne of Ohio demolish Union and St James of Maryland crush Sullivan East. Germans are really tall . Wayne was super good. St . James was really tall too. This is a great tournament. The talent is amazing. Everyone should go sometime if you have never been.

I've been to the Arby's for many years now and Tift County is one of the most athletic teams from top to bottom that I've ever seen here. Their big guy got hurt tonight in the 2nd Q but they found a way to still beat N. Mecklenburg. Tee Higgins (Oak Ridge) and Quentin Goodin (Taylor Co.) are also crazy athletic.

Little fact about Taylor country, they were preseason top 3 in all of Kentucky, but public opinion is they are overrated

Yeah I was disappointed with them. Goodin is a beast but the rest of the team looked pretty mediocre. 

I have been to the tournament for 15 years straight now with the exception of one season.  Once again was a blast, except for the moronic Sullivan East fan who said Virginia has no talent.

I think GC_Devils knows who I speak of there... Lol.

Yes I do. Every team has their bad apples, but wow. That's all I'll say.