Couple of Peeves.....

futbolking

I'm really surprised that anyone still runs the Jet Sweep now that the Pop Pass on the motion has been in vogue. The removal of a potential fumble is too big to ignore, in my opinion.

Yes, people still run the jet sweep and you just made my point.  If the jet sweep is executed correctly, as with any play, the chances of a fumble are greatly diminished.  Deception is also key, as there are a multitude of counter plays off of the jet sweep.  The key to this play is execution.  In order to effectively run this play, coaches must be committed to practicing and perfecting it.  This is not a play that you run three or four times a day in practice, it takes an entire session in practice to make this a viable part of the offense.

I joked 20 years ago that Appy and PV should be called Apple Valley High, and we could have been the "Fighting Orchards". Our mascot would be a guy dressed in a foam tree and he could throw "apples" at the visiting players and fans. :)

Lame, I know, but just close your eyes and visualize it. You'll start to smile! haha...

Tried it - got visions of a cute girl, a little dog & a scarecrow.

You mean it isn't pronounced Key-cough-tan???

That is EXACTLY how I pronounced it when I first said it.

Nope, it is "Kick-a-tan"

It really is sad that my sarcasm doesn't come through in some of my posts...I'm a master of it....

I agree Winners, Union is the best of the Wise county names. I like the Union colors because like you said it ties in w PV/Appy. Centrals colors work well because of the connection to Pound(mostly black w some red) and JJK(mostly red w some black). I did hear a disgruntled Coeburn supporter with ties to PV say that it was unfair because "Wise got to keep their mascot", which is dumb.

Eastsides are a swing and a miss imo. Hunter green with Black??? They have silver in there too but don't use it. Spartans is a great mascot but Eastside is a terrible name, sounds like some generic name from a B movie.

Union_Fan,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musselman_High_School

Actually a really cool story imo

Musselman won the WV AA Championship in 1995 as the #16 seed...beat #3-Bluefield in the Championship game 17-13.

Buchanan County, anyone from not here call it BWEW Cannon.... Now I like in Honaker and everytime im on the phone to give my address I say Honaker and they say spell it, so I do, then it NEVER fails the a-hole on the other end will say something to the effect of ah or oh Hahnoker lol

Loved the old Powell Valley blue but it now looks really stupid beside the orange and navy. Dang thats sharp!! The Appy blue and gold really looked tacky but that was the way they liked it and that made it even more aggrevating!

The Northwood Painters, Chil-hoe-ie, Sm-eye-th County, Why-th County, Rule Ruh-treet, Fort Chisel or Fort Chiswull, the Muriun Scarlet Hurrikins, and Glade Sprangs.

Also, out of fairness, Paul Johnson calls his offense a "spread." However, I have no idea why the general populace of sportscasters can't understand that the triple option is a play, not an offensive philosophy. It's like calling an offset I-formation the "lead dive offense."

Also, out of fairness, Paul Johnson calls his offense a "spread." However, I have no idea why the general populace of sportscasters can't understand that the triple option is a play, not an offensive philosophy. It's like calling an offset I-formation the "lead dive offense."

Ive heard coaches who run what GT and Navy do call it the Spread Option, spread as in the Ends are spread out(SEs instead of TEs) and the backs are spread out(Slotbacks instead of Halfbacks). Option because they run Triple Option plays. Considering the offense evolved from the Option heavy Wishbone this makes sense. 

If you know anything about Lee Co. politics you know this won't happen,

actually if you know anything about Lee Co politics, you'll know a new regime is in. It will mainly effect tw, while Lee high will remain untouched due to stability from the election (incumbent ty harber eon) so yes this could happen, but not for some time. 5-10 years

actually if you know anything about Lee Co politics, you'll know a new regime is in. It will mainly effect tw, while Lee high will remain untouched due to stability from the election (incumbent ty harber eon) so yes this could happen, but not for some time. 5-10 years

It is not really a matter of which regime is in power, more the small "p" politics of communities of interest.   As long as the folks in the lower (western) end want a separate TW, it will stay that way.

BTW, in my experience in SWVA, saying something could happen in 5-10 years usually means it probably will never happen.

It is not really a matter of which regime is in power, more the small "p" politics of communities of interest. As long as the folks in the lower (western) end want a separate TW, it will stay that way.

BTW, in my experience in SWVA, saying something could happen in 5-10 years usually means it probably will never happen.

There's a certain Acdc song that comes to mind, money talks, bleeding students and teachers at increasing speeds.

It is not really a matter of which regime is in power, more the small "p" politics of communities of interest.   As long as the folks in the lower (western) end want a separate TW, it will stay that way.

Truth.

Trying to accomplish anything of note in SWVA grinds local governmental gears to the speed of continental drift.