Frustration at Richlands

smoothsailin'

fetv, I'm pretty sure....came home and my son had DVR'd it.  We watched it.......  Some dude figured out who Michael Knight was (Michael Long)....had his grave dug up, hired some chick to act like a decoy that needed his help, all in a plan to have him killed.... Didn't work though!!!!  Thanks to KITT... and the foundation.....  

I'll check the listings and get back to you.

So what's the hardest golf course you guys have ever played? I have been fortunate to be able to play a lot of courses around the country and the world, thanks to Uncle Sam letting me tour a great part of Asia for a few years.

When the Army still had control of Fort Ord i had the good (mis) fortune to play the Bayonett course the Week after hosting a US Amateur it was brutal. I was a solid 6, and i got my butt handed to me. I spent a lot of time punching a 2 iron out from under the Monterey Cyprus trees lining the fairways Up near the greens then trying to putt on linoleum fast greens that nearly all tilt front to back. I putted one 4 foot birdie putt above the hole off the green... I managed to break 100, but not by much. I was the best score in our foursome. I have always wanted (kinda) to go back and try it again, then i snap out of it, go find a guy and pay him $75 to kick my ass for about 4 hours

for you young whipper snappers out there, Yes i did mention a thing called a 2-iron. I could hit it too. (when it wasn't used to punch outta the gunch) Was a great 240yd shot off the tee. :)

I putted one 4 foot birdie putt above the hole off the green...

That's no big deal.  At Fincastle, there are 11 greens that you can putt a 4'er off the green under normal conditions when the pins are in certain places.  When the greens are fast, forgetabouit, above the hole is dead...

I played Spring Creek (Zions Crossroads) this past summer just after one of the eGolf professional tournaments had concluded.  They left the pins and tee boxes in the same place for a charity event.  7000+ yards, lightning quick greens, narrow landing areas, brutal rough.  Gave me a heckuva an appreciation for what a professional golfer goes through on a weekly basis. 

Then trot on down Interstate 64 to Royal Virginia and play from the tips.  That course is just not fair IMHO. 

But if any of you gomers are ever in the Harrisonburg area, play Lakeview.  36 holes, very challenging but fair. 

The toughest course I have played is Kiawah. Followed closely by The River Course at VT.

I "cut my teeth" playing Fort Jackson. The military has some incredible golf courses that are cheap to play and very fun and challenging courses. I also like the course at Fort Gordon.

I played Spring Creek (Zions Crossroads) this past summer just after one of the eGolf professional tournaments had concluded. They left the pins and tee boxes in the same place for a charity event. 7000+ yards, lightning quick greens, narrow landing areas, brutal rough. Gave me a heckuva an appreciation for what a professional golfer goes through on a weekly basis.

Then trot on down Interstate 64 to Royal Virginia and play from the tips. That course is just not fair IMHO.

But if any of you gomers are ever in the Harrisonburg area, play Lakeview. 36 holes, very challenging but fair.

I like two of the 9s at Lakeview a lot. The one that meanders through the houses, not so much.

Oddly enough, I played some of my best rounds on tough tracks.  Put me on a course equal to my skills, and I will blow up and shoot horrid scores.

I have enjoyed playing Red Wing in VA Beach.  It can be a real challenge when the SEALS are doing live fire exercises next door at Camp Pendleton.  Nothing like automatic weapons fire to mess up your shots.

Oddly enough, I played some of my best rounds on tough tracks.  Put me on a course equal to my skills, and I will blow up and shoot horrid scores.

I have enjoyed playing Red Wing in VA Beach.  It can be a real challenge when the SEALS are doing live fire exercises next door at Camp Pendleton.  Nothing like automatic weapons fire to mess up your shots.

I am a member of Blue Ridge Country Club just outside of Galax.  It is next door to the local rifle range.  When law enforcement are training, its an experience.  I can only imagine how much that experience would be exaggerated being next door to a military base!

One of the courses near a base in Hampton is in the flight path of takeoffs. Always fun to be driving when a few fighter jets buzz you at a couple hundred feet.

My cousin used to live 5 mins from Red Wing Lakes, played it a few times. The two most fun times i ever had on a golf course was at Kadena AB Banyan Tree course in Okinawa. The first was when they did a tournament turning the 18 hole course into a 9 hole composite course. We teed off at 1 across the jungle to the par three about 310 yards away, one hole was teeing off near one par 5 green to end up at another par 5 green going totally the other direction across a huge ravine, it was a par 9. It was like 1100 yds. The other was when we were out playing and we had a typhoon approaching, the wind had to be 35-40 mph when we started. Apparently conditions deteriorated (as did our condition) while we were out, they went to TCOR red and closed the course (and coincidentally the base) while we were playing 18. The wind was near 80 mph by the time i got back to my dorm. There were 2 holes side by side, one was a long up hill par 4 and the other a long down hill par 5. It took a driver, 2 3-woods, a 5 iron, and i still had 85 to the par 4. I hit driver sand wedge over the par 5. When we got done the base was a ghost town, not even the SP's were out. Drove back in winds so hard the car was "wobbling", the next morning we had 140-150 mph winds. Makes for fun typhoon parties in the dorms.

...and all this frustrates Richlands, LOL?

This thread started out with some random guy claiming to be an "eastern 4A offensive coordinator" trashing Richlands coaching for the loss to Appomattox.  He got lit up with a handful of responses so he deleted his post (see post #1).  

We turned it into a fun, random thread about nothing at all.